Mega Mike McCarthy is a terrible Head Coach who stinks and should be fired Thread **merged**

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
That is exactly what happened. Overall there where unlucky bounces for the Cowboys today like those two fumbles that bounced right back to the Eagles, but McCarthy should have taken the points at the end and then played with significantly more urgency.
Well he punted at the 43 and then went for it when he could have cut it to a one score game. Should have went for it at the 43 as this team is good between the 20's.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The reason why we are what we are today is that games like today make Jerry want to extend everyone. Today was literally as good as a win to him. Check the ratings.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Clowning ourselves out of wins is not unique to Big Mike. It surely must just be a Jerry thing. He's the only common denominator.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dak has that Romo mindset of always making a play late .
Yeah, feels like he tried to do a bit too much. Sometimes the best thing you can do is toss it away live to fight on the next play.

As well as he was playing I feel like we would have scored if he doesn't take a sack there.

Cydios

Reaction score
no idea what you are talking about. Feel free to piss off.
Disregard.. threads showed split on my phone. Sorry bud.... edit. correction the mods merged it. This thread already had started with the exact same comment, but I'll "piss" off.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Sure, but how many of his plays are made off of escaping the pass rush and rolling out. I hear what you're saying but damn you're setting an unachievable bar there.

I agree Dak holds the ball far too often. I'm not going to tear him up for this though. He was lights out and attempting to evade the rush and make a play. Considering our redzone troubles you're damned either way because this team can't waste downs in that area.

It was a collaborative effort backing up our offense for what should have been the game winner. If we really NEED to place blame Steele was getting bludgeoned.
I get that but at the same time, there is a difference between holding the ball and trying to make a play in the 3rd quarter vs at the end of the game with no timeout left.

In that scenario on first down the one thing your QB absolutely can not do is take a sack, period. Just my opinion.

He should trust himself and have the confidence to know he has 3 more shots to win the game.

Reactions: CWR

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Back-to-back 12 wins seasons. I'll take that over three 8-8 seasons in a row any day. The clown gave us five 8-8 seasons in 10 years.

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
The punt from midfield was one of the most cowardly decisions I have seen. It allowed philly to drive down the field and take an 11 point lead. He isn't trying to win games.
It was from the 43 down 4 and yet down 11 he goes for it and doesn't make it a 1 score game. No rhyme or reason behind these decisions.

CWR

Reaction score
I get that but at the same time, there is a difference between holding the ball and trying to make a play in the 3rd quarter vs at the end of the game with no timeout left.

In that scenario on first down the one thing your QB absolutely can not do is take a sack, period. Just my opinion.

He should trust himself and have the confidence to know he has 3 more shots to win the game.

That's fair, and I apologize. I have already been primed by far too many ignorant Dak sucks posts. Clearly he didn't get it done, but blaming the loss on Dak is agenda driven trash. We just couldn't catch a break. Missed a couple tds by inches. Had fumbles bounce right back to eagles. Refs, just refs. Etc.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That's fair, and I apologize. I have already been primed by far too many ignorant Dak sucks posts. Clearly he didn't get it done, but blaming the loss on Dak is agenda driven trash. We just couldn't catch a break. Missed a couple tds by inches. Had fumbles bounce right back to eagles. Refs, just refs. Etc.
No reason to apologize, we are all fans with passionate opinions. For the record I don't blame Dak for the loss, he played a great game.

In the end, the Eagles made one more play when it counted than Dallas did.

Reactions: CWR

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Corky just said post game that "We have to learn from our mistakes".....there comes a time where this just falls on deaf ears with fans.....like after going on 28 years of failure.
LOL, good point. How many damn years do we have to - learn from our mistakes - before they are learned and they stop doing them? really it takes 30 years almost, I think that more than qualifies as a learning disability, lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
Quinn is just McCarthy all over again. But I've reached the point with this franchise and their ineptitude that I'll swallow the risk the next guy really sucks because I know the current guy isn't good enough. So why keep crossing the fingers and hoping it will.

But in reality, as long as Jerry and Stephen are picking the coach, my hopes of them finding the guy are about as high as the belief that Santa actually exists.

But having said that, I can also see how some are OK sticking with McCarthy because while he likely isn't great, he doesn't suck and maybe, just maybe, they get extremely lucky and make a serious run.

PS - I am not in the fire McCarthy now crowd. That'd be dumb. That being said, if the season goes like previous ones, where we spit the bit early in the playoffs for the 3rd year in the row, then yeah, I don't see the point in keeping this thing going.
All fair arguments.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Mike is a terrible game manager. This loss is 100 percent on him.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
At least McCarthy has realized the offense isn't running the ball well. He's opened up the offense. Hea being aggressive. It's not his fault Steele gave up 4 sacks. Dak and CeeDee are playing their guts out. Ferguson has stepped up. They are moving the ball. The Schoonmaker play would have been td but he gets tackled before he even touches the ball. It's not perfect but he's doing a bettwr job. One question. Why all off a suuldden the ball is getting snapped so late?

mugsybows

Reaction score
So I think cowboys will lose to niners or eagles before nfc championship and McCarthy will get fired. I was thinking today when that happens who does Jerry get. Does he elevate Quinn or does he get another puppet?