Mega Mike McCarthy is a terrible Head Coach who stinks and should be fired Thread **merged**

Sydla

Reaction score
Nothing is going to change until the FO actually builds a championship caliber roster.

This ain’t it
McCarthy ain't leading a champ caliber roster to the SB however. Not unless he gets one of the three best QBs of the last 30 years on his team. And even then, you'll likely get mixed results.

Again, it's weird that you think the front office has been so poor in their duties to build a roster but then think they actually made a smart coaching hire (especially in the context of just how poor the coaching hiring has been since the 1989 hiring of Jimmy Johnson).

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
LOL yourself thinking we were well coached in that game.
You clearly have an agenda

Not one single objective poster left that game thinking “man we need a better coach!”

There was a personnel issue and the QB was garbage that day. Thats why we lost

O yea and folks blamed Kellen Moore’s offense

HungryLion

Reaction score
McCarthy ain't leading a champ caliber roster to the SB however. Not unless he gets one of the three best QBs of the last 30 years on his team. And even then, you'll likely get mixed results.

Again, it's weird that you think the front office has been so poor in their duties to build a roster but then think they actually made a smart coaching hire (especially in the context of just how poor the coaching hiring has been since the 1989 hiring of Jimmy Johnson).
Go ahead and ask them to replace McCarthy. I don’t care. Results will be the same.

The main point I disagree with is calling him a terrible head coach. That just isn’t true. It’s objectively false.

He is an above average head coach. He is the best coach the cowboys have had since Parcells.

I’m not saying he is some messiah or anything. I’m just disagreeing that he is a bad head coach. He isn’t.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yeah, he had his hand in that mess. Dak was brutal, we made a ton of dumb mistakes (which kind of gets back to coaching), some stupid penalties, etc.

So yeah, McCarthy was a factor in that loss. Not the only factor, not the biggest factor, but a factor nonetheless.
Coaching standards around here...
LOL

I tell ya.
I mean do I really hafta do the whole chronological since day one hire on the dude?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Don't know if it was mentioned or not, but on the eagles first drive why didn't we challenge the spot. Woulda been 4th and 2 instead of 1. Was worth a look.

Sydla

Reaction score
You clearly have an agenda

Not one single objective poster left that game thinking “man we need a better coach!”

There was a personnel issue and the QB was garbage that day. Thats why we lost

O yea and folks blamed Kellen Moore’s offense

No objective poster criticized McCarthy after that game? Hahahahaha.

Sydla

Reaction score
Go ahead and ask them to replace McCarthy. I don’t care. Results will be the same.

The main point I disagree with is calling him a terrible head coach. That just isn’t true. It’s objectively false.

He is an above average head coach. He is the best coach the cowboys have had since Parcells.

I’m not saying he is some messiah or anything. I’m just disagreeing that he is a bad head coach. He isn’t.
Probably. But that's likely because Jerry will do what Jerry does and hire another mediocre HC. Again, why ignore the track record of head coaching hires since he punted Johnson and brought Switzer in to guide that talented team to one more SB? Campo. Gailey. Parcells out of the TV studio (he was past his prime by the time we got him). Phillips. Garrett.

Yeah McCarthy isn't terrible. But he's not good enough. There's no reason to continue with a coach not good enough even in understanding the roster flaws, Jerry's meddling, etc. If this team spits the bit again late (by failing to make the playoffs) or gets bounced early again, I don't see the reason to keep him around hoping he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat. But I guess that's just me.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Youre wasting your time. This is what the fanbase does. Points blame to everything other than the real problem.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Probably. But that's likely because Jerry will do what Jerry does and hire another mediocre HC. Again, why ignore the track record of head coaching hires since he punted Johnson and brought Switzer in to guide that talented team to one more SB? Campo. Gailey. Parcells out of the TV studio (he was past his prime by the time we got him). Phillips. Garrett.

Yeah McCarthy isn't terrible. But he's not good enough. There's no reason to continue with a coach not good enough even in understanding the roster flaws, etc.
I’ve said before if they move on from him I’m fine with it. I gotta know who is actually being hired though. It’s not enough to just say “move on from McCarthy”.

Knowing this FO they will just hire Quinn which doesn’t instill any confidence either.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
That's on the QB sorry, I know he played well most of the game. He had 1st and 5 from the 6 yd line with 27 seconds left and choked it away.
He held the ball for 4 secs and took a Steele sack and losing 15 yards and 20 secs and then a delay of game? We had one play from the 30? LOL

BRADY NEVER DID THAT IN HIS LIFE, WON 7 SB's.
Precisely. All of these Dak defenders never hold him to account on screwing things up. I never saw Brady taking a sack inside the 10 with less than a minute ago. What did was inexcusable and cost us the game. He just hasn't grasped "live to fight another day" concept. Who knows how the game would've turned out throwing the ball away instead of taking a sack.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It is his fault Dak didn't throw the ball out of the back of the endzone instead of trying to scramble in that situation or that Steele got beat.

Situational awareness matters, it is first down and there are over 20 seconds still on the clock.