Mel Kiper Mock Draft

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Slater is an elite prospect who can play OG and OT.
He is not at all a bad pick and you plug him in at LG and possibly have the best OL in football next year.
In a year or 3 he has to move outside and replace Tyron Smith and you don't lose much there.

The best OL in football with these weapons would be very KC like.

But you gotta fix that defense with draft and any FA money you have.

Hardline

Reaction score
From what I am hearing is he has Zack Martin level talent at the guard position.
I'll take that anytime.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Slater is an elite prospect who can play OG and OT.
He is not at all a bad pick and you plug him in at LG and possibly have the best OL in football next year.
In a year or 3 he has to move outside and replace Tyron Smith and you don't lose much there.

The best OL in football with these weapons would be very KC like.

But you gotta fix that defense with draft and any FA money you have.

Personally I think we got to prepare for our division: Washington's front 4, might be the best in football, Eagles still have an excellent DL, where the Giants are 1 pass rusher away from being real good. To counter those team's strengths, you have be able to match-up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Personally I think we got to prepare for our division: Washington's front 4, might be the best in football, Eagles still have an excellent DL, where the Giants are 1 pass rusher away from being real good. To counter those team's strengths, you have be able to match-up.
No doubt. Getting roflstomped in the trenches is no way to win games.
WFT beat us handily last year twice and we just weren't competitive in the trenches even with their rather basic skills position groupings.
If they had a QB they'd be dangerous.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Giants, Eagles and Football Team actually developed their defensive lines to counter our offensive line. You don’t need great individual offensive linemen anymore. You need offensive line chemistry. The problem with our line last season is we were missing Frederick, Collins and Tyron for the all but two games. That killed our team chemistry. We can win with just Collins and Martin back next season.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Looking forward to the draft!
The problem now, timb2, is that every time I see you post in anything draft related,
I see the guy who said Trevor Lawrence is Blain Gabbert

timb2

Reaction score
Looking forward to the draft!
The problem now, timb2, is that every time I see you post in anything draft related,
I see the guy who said Trevor Lawrence is Blain Gabbert
Is there a big difference in highlights between them? Trevor Lawrence has more talent around him than Gabbert did. If Jacksonville doesn't give Lawrence better weapons to work with he will end up like Blaine Gabbert.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is there a big difference in highlights between them? Trevor Lawrence has more talent around him than Gabbert did. If Jacksonville doesn't give Lawrence better weapons to work with he will end up like Blaine Gabbert.

Uh.....no

plus, you're leaving out the Peyton Manning like mental makeup and work ethic of Lawrence.
Jeeez man, dig a little deeper than freaking youtube highlights

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Giants, Eagles and Football Team actually developed their defensive lines to counter our offensive line. You don’t need great individual offensive linemen anymore. You need offensive line chemistry. The problem with our line last season is we were missing Frederick, Collins and Tyron for the all but two games. That killed our team chemistry. We can win with just Collins and Martin back next season.
Just look at the games played, we know Tyron hasn't played a full season in years, Martin has had injuries issues the last 2 and Collins is coming off of hip surgery. If one of these players misses time, our divisional opponents will have a big advantage. To combat their strengths, you need to keep the OL strong.

timb2

Reaction score
Uh.....no
Jacksonville ended up the worst team in the league. Who is the RB for them? Who is the # 1 WR in Jax?. Who is the TE? Robinson is most likely gone,so who is the Left Tackle? Yeah they got a QB but many holes to fill. Also Jax is not the hot spot for free agency so next 2- 3 years go bye, key players leave. So just like what Rams coach and front office did,they blame the QB Jared Goff trying to save their jobs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No doubt. Getting roflstomped in the trenches is no way to win games.
WFT beat us handily last year twice and we just weren't competitive in the trenches even with their rather basic skills position groupings.
If they had a QB they'd be dangerous.
I know it's not a sexy pick and everyone wants to fix the defense, but if their OL continues this downward slope, they won't be able to compete. Drafting a high level, versatile lineman makes all the sense considering the age of the group.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just look at the games played, we know Tyron hasn't played a full season in years, Martin has had injuries issues the last 2 and Collins is coming off of hip surgery. If one of these players misses time, our divisional opponents will have a big advantage. To combat their strengths, you need to keep the OL strong.
To much money and resources invested in the offensive line while we neglect the defense. The offensive line without Tyron, Collins and Martin is better then our defensive tackles, linebackers, and secondary. We have a bad football team.:omg::facepalm:

timb2

Reaction score
Uh.....no

plus, you're leaving out the Peyton Manning like mental makeup and work ethic of Lawrence.
Jeeez man, dig a little deeper than freaking youtube highlights
You mean like David Carr? How did he turn out with no help?. Mental makeup ,Trevor Lawrence comes off looking like a freaking Barbie Doll and you telling me about Mental Makeup? QB is the leader of the team, not Miss America. Same about Gabbert had this pretty blonde surfer persona and flopped. It's leadership and worrying about your hair has nothing to do with it. Give me Tom Brady who hates to lose vs Barbie Doll the Clemson Version.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You mean like David Carr? How did he turn out with no help?. Mental makeup ,Trevor Lawrence comes off looking like a freaking Barbie Doll and you telling me about Mental Makeup? QB is the leader of the team, not Miss America. Same about Gabbert had this pretty blonde surfer persona and flopped. It's leadership and worrying about your hair has nothing to do with it. Give me Tom Brady who hates to lose vs Barbie Doll the Clemson Version.

What on earth are you talking about? Lol

Lawrence is an incredible prospect.

morasp

Reaction score
I have little confidence that if we were lucky enough to make the playoffs next year Tyron would be healthy, and that's when you meet the best defenses. Slater would start day one and as well as being good in pass protection he is a good run blocker which would give a much needed boost to our running game.