Mel Kiper's Big Board Updated 3/22

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1432468 said:
This is an unexciting run-up to the draft because we really don't have any must needs. WR, CB, NT. Those are our realistic first round options. Now that Branch is lazing his way out of the 1st round, we're likely down to WR or CB. We're not likely to get our future #1 WR at 22 in this draft and we don't need another #4-for-now prospect, which we have a few of. At CB, we need a #2 and I suppose at 22 that's about what we can expect, at least for the short term.

At this point, I would prefer it if the Cowboys traded back into the 2nd round and pick up another first rounder next year. Outside of Nelson, I really don't like any of the players in the #15-25 range.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I have mentioned it before, Branch himself had been told when he declared that he was valued as a solid first round pick, mid to late first. It's all these mock sites that have pushed him so high. However, I still think someone pulls the trigger top 10 despite the concerns.

dffl11

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1432752 said:
I have mentioned it before, Branch himself had been told when he declared that he was valued as a solid first round pick, mid to late first. It's all these mock sites that have pushed him so high. However, I still think someone pulls the trigger top 10 despite the concerns.

well speaking from experience, I know for a fact the day Shawne Merriman said he declared for the draft he was told he would be a late 1st rd to early 2nd round pick by both NFL scouts and NFL experts (kiper and company) Kiper actually helped hype up Shawne cause he has ties to the Maryland area.........BUT it was after the Maryland pro day, and all the NFL scouts seeing him workout...thats when he jumped right up to the top 10-15

between the decaring of the draft and the draft itself, players jump around like crazy...depending on thier skill set.....they fall the other way too, like Aron Rogers did.

Branch is solid and will not go past the 15th pick in the draft...too much potential for success.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dffl31;1432811 said:
well speaking from experience, I know for a fact the day Shawne Merriman said he declared for the draft he was told he would be a late 1st rd to early 2nd round pick by both NFL scouts and NFL experts (kiper and company) Kiper actually helped hype up Shawne cause he has ties to the Maryland area.........BUT it was after the Maryland pro day, and all the NFL scouts seeing him workout...thats when he jumped right up to the top 10-15

between the decaring of the draft and the draft itself, players jump around like crazy...depending on thier skill set.....they fall the other way too, like Aron Rogers did.

Branch is solid and will not go past the 15th pick in the draft...too much potential for success.

Pretty sure Ware was supposed to be a 2-3 rounder before the combine/prodays.

burmafrd

Reaction score
His piling on of the fat between the combine and his pro day has turned off some; then apparently his interviews rang some more alarm bells. He could not find himself barely in the first rd.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I could absolutely see Branch taking a Vince Wilfork type of slide to the 20's. That would be the kind of slider that would get me excited bout the 22nd pick. I'm a believer in the Belichick/Parcells philosophy that God only makes so many 6'6" 320 lbs. men that can move, so when you have a chance to get one you better do it.

dffl11

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1432813 said:
Pretty sure Ware was supposed to be a 2-3 rounder before the combine/prodays.

I think your right, i did not have information on Ware like i did with Shawne...but i do remember him shooting up like a rocket after his pro day and combine.....His numbers were crazy good and all the scouts said his interviews were great. Nothing better then a great young man like Ware on the team. i cant wait to see him in the new Def. scheme...I am told by a good source, that he is going to have an incredible season.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1432733 said:
At this point, I would prefer it if the Cowboys traded back into the 2nd round and pick up another first rounder next year. Outside of Nelson, I really don't like any of the players in the #15-25 range.
Trading for picks next year is a great idea because of their delayed value increase, our current relative lack of needs.