Mel Kiper's Initial First-Round Projection

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy;1340270 said:
I haven't seen a ton of Meachum.

What I did see was him getting completely locked down by Justin King in the Outback Bowl.

I can see a whole host of names going off the board after Meachum who i'd prefer.
I guess you missed Meachem beating him for a TD (that Meachem dropped). PSU's entire scheme was directed at stopping Meachem. King was hardly one-on-one with RM.

I guess you also missed him beating Laron Landry deep for a TD. Or Dameyion Hughes. Or several other guys.

He's a stud. He runs well enough to get by CBs, but is better as a RAC guy. He won't run a 4.4 so that'll drop him out of the top 15. We'd be fortunate to get him.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Johnson, Ginn, and Rice all getting taken before 22. Not happening. I hope we take Rice if hes still on the board, was able to watch him first hand at Carolina fight through double coverages his whole career and still put up solid numbers.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
bbgun;1340571 said:
He had us taking Roddy White two years ago.

Don't remind me. I fell in love with White after reading the mocks and scouting reports before that draft.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
junk;1340200 said:
His stock certainly isn't rising right now.
Actually, his stock is rising right now. He had a very good showing in practices this week and will likely impress on the measurables at the combine. His stock was dropping because of his lackluster stats in his last season, but his Senior Bowl and Combine performances will keep him in the 1st round -- likely before our pick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1340636 said:
Actually, his stock is rising right now. He had a very good showing in practices this week and will likely impress on the measurables at the combine. His stock was dropping because of his lackluster stats in his last season, but his Senior Bowl and Combine performances will keep him in the 1st round -- likely before our pick.

I would take Moses in a heartbeat if he fell to 22

superpunk

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned Dwayne Bowe in this thread? I don't know where his projection is, but he was abusing people at the senior bowl practices the other day. Noone could even come close to touching him. That's a big receiver I'd like us to get after, maybe.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1340645 said:
Has anyone mentioned Dwayne Bowe in this thread? I don't know where his projection is, but he was abusing people at the senior bowl practices the other day. Noone could even come close to touching him. That's a big receiver I'd like us to get after, maybe.

his one problem is that he wasn't getting separation alot

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1340645 said:
Yeah, I mentioned on the first page that if we go WR, I'd prefer Bowe at that spot. According to all reports he was by far the most athletic receiver at the SB practices. I like the big receivers, personally. His drops problem seems to be fixed as well since his surgery.

superpunk

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1340649 said:
his one problem is that he wasn't getting separation alot
I've never seen him, except against ND and the other day. But noone could check him, speed routes or otherwise. He was awful precise and fast out of his breaks, too.

Just wondering. I really have zero draft input, since I don't really enjoy college football, but if I was watching these guys the other day, and someone asked - who was the best player? I'd say Bowe. Also, I would say Amobi Okoye, because he was annihilating everyone. I think I hear he's a higher prospect, but what a great pick that would be for the NT spot.

theogt;1340661 said:
Yeah, I mentioned on the first page that if we go WR, I'd prefer Bowe at that spot. According to all reports he was by far the most athletic receiver at the SB practices. I like the big receivers, personally. His drops problem seems to be fixed as well since his surgery.

Definitely liked what I was seeing.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1340686 said:
I've never seen him, except against ND and the other day. But noone could check him, speed routes or otherwise. He was awful precise and fast out of his breaks, too.

Just wondering. I really have zero draft input, since I don't really enjoy college football, but if I was watching these guys the other day, and someone asked - who was the best player? I'd say Bowe. Also, I would say Amobi Okoye, because he was annihilating everyone. I think I hear he's a higher prospect, but what a great pick that would be for the NT spot.

Definitely liked what I was seeing.

I'm not saying Bowe is bad, just pointing out that despite everything, he wasn't great at gaining seperation, but he did a great job of shielding defenders w/ his big body, so that makes getting seperation less of an issue

Okoye would be ideal to stand in at NT, but players that big and athletic go top 15 all the time

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1340643 said:

Same guy that almost quit school when Urban Meyer came in...

He is a talent.. But Im not sure if I like the past issues..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1340700 said:

Moses played for Georgia

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1340709 said:
Moses played for Georgia

OOooops .. Thought I was reading about Jarvis Moss..

I like Moses though.. He needs to gain weight though and forget his senior year.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Meacham's a good player, but if Duane Jarrett is there at 19, we'd better offer a little something and get there for him...I wouldn't want Meacham, knowing that Jarrett was that freakin' close.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1340700 said:

Moss had some strange disease that caused him to lose a lot of weight. He was apparently depressed, but they got rid of the infection and he regained his size and strength. He was once a major prospect but a few fluke occurrences hindered his development and playing time. The guy has everything you'd want physically in a 3-4 OLB. He has great upside, but it'll take some developmental time to reach his full potential (as with most players).

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1340643 said:

So would I.

Moses is just further proof that you have to be absolutely insane to go back to school for your senior year if you're projected Top 10 pick. Too many things can go wrong.

Reaction score
I'd rather see the Cowboys snatch a guy like Hughes from Cal, a corner who's got good cover skills and picks the ball off!