Mel Kipers perfect 3 round mock draft

Qbert

Reaction score
i

Dallas Cowboys

Round 1 (28): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Round 2 (60): Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
Round 3 (92): Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

I expect the Cowboys to draft defense on Day 1, and defensive back is in play after Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne and J.J. Wilcox departed in free agency. If Barnett is available at 28, though, Dallas has a chance to grab a pass-rusher who could put up double-digit sacks annually. Former second-round picks DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory combined for only two sacks last season, and Gregory is suspended for at least the 2017 season. Barnett was one of the most productive defenders in college football throughout his career (33 total sacks). Moreau tore a pectoral muscle at his pro day, but his workouts and 4.35 40 at the combine impressed scouts, so he won't drop far. Dallas could get starters with its first two picks. This tight end class is deep, and the Cowboys could bet on Everett as an eventual replacement for Jason Witten, though they have tried that in the past, including using second-round picks on Martellus Bennett and Gavin Escobar. Everett (6-foot-3, 239 pounds) is more of a pass-catcher than blocker.

Dwight

Reaction score
Don't like the second round pick because CB can be drafted in later rounds but I love the first round pick.

Barnett is my favorite DE.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't understand why Cowboyszone is so against TE's.

We could definitely use another TE.