Mel Kipers perfect 3 round mock draft

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be really shocked to see Barnett last into the 20's, the real question is if he does, do the Cowboys trade up a little to get him? (I hope not)
I doubt it. My guess is if they trade up at all it would be in the second.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're paying him what 6th round picks get paid. Nothing more. All that means is that they didn't cut his pay when they decided he wasn't worth an active roster spot.

It means that they paid him to keep him, and to keep other teams from signing him. And because he's not "a dime a dozen".

Derinyar

Reaction score
I disagree with your thoughts on Barnett but was just curios as to who you like as an edge rusher.
Honestly after Garrett I think they're all flawed. It seems like they are all lacking some part of the kit. Personally I would lean toward picking a guy with the elite athleticism that's shown a little something and hoping you can bring out the best. TJ Watt, Takk, and Bowser are guys I find interesting. The issue is their floor is lower then Barnett, but I think their ceiling is higher. Edge rusher is a position in which its rare to find an elite player without elite athleticism. The problem for us is I don't see us needing another DE that can be an alright pass rusher we need the guy with the chance to be the great pass rusher.