Twitter: Melton has left the building; on way to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
What exactly was logical about giving Brandon Carr 50 million?

Or did you mean we were the most logical team to make that horrific mistake?

I think he meant from a fit perspective. Press corner, Ryan wanted a press corner.

Right. I'm not saying the contract was logical, only that it would be coming from us. We had been linked to Carr as the perfect FA marriage for weeks leading up to early March. Just had the same "fit" feeling here. Maybe it still happens.

conner01

Reaction score
Dallas really needs Melton. I guess Allen is the focus now.

i would argue allen would be more important. this draft has lots of good dt prospects, not so much at de. to me you sign free agents to fill holes you don't think you can fill in the draft and you draft the cheaper players, and younger for all the holes the players are there to fill

yentl911

Reaction score
I am not very disappointed that he left to be honest. I highly doubt that Ben Bass is the answer either. Good back-up.

We need to go DL heavy this draft and bring in a bus load of FA DL after the draft as well.

Marinelli should have the best outlook on Melton's worth and maybe he didn't think he was worth what he was asking, whatever that may be.

Bye bye. The bartenders in Dallas can now rest easy.

JBS

Reaction score
This is just a strange situation. He has visited Minnesota where he would probably be a reserve, Seattle as well.

Now St. Louis? He's not starting there over Brockers, and maybe even not over Kendall Lankford.

Sorry to tell you , but he's starting over all those guys

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
St. Louis could be a good fit under Fischer. Honestly, not surprised. The guys just had ACL surgery. This could be his last contract if things don't work out with leg so he is looking everywhere and plotting "money + winning." Still wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Seattle or maybe shorter term but more money guaranteed.

Hardline

Reaction score
Rule of thumb. You dont let a player out of your office without a contract. If he didnt sign. He most likely wont.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you , but he's starting over all those guys

So he is going to waltz into Minnesota and start over Floyd? If so, they are basically admitting he is a bust. They just signed Joseph to play the nose.

The St. Louis fit only makes sense if they cut Lankford's $5M salary and slide Brockers over.

JBS

Reaction score
So he is going to waltz into Minnesota and start over Floyd? If so, they are basically admitting he is a bust. They just signed Joseph to play the nose.

The St. Louis fit only makes sense if they cut Lankford's $5M salary and slide Brockers over.

Yes.. He's better than all of those guys..

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
http://i240.***BLOCKED***/albums/ff113/Monty3787/GIFs/ToWhaBahWho.gif

Angus12

Reaction score
So he's looking for more money then we can spend?
Good thing that cap hell thing is just a myth, or so I hear.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yes.. He's better than all of those guys..
It is not about being better. It is also about how he fits into what they do coupled with what he does best. There is a reason they were talking about his fit in Dallas being so good. It is.

Now the money, that is another matter. Players often do accept going to teams where they do not fit logically to take the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.