Melton is a Cowboy - 1yr, multi-year club option

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Based on???

When was the last time you felt like we got our money's worth on a big free agent signing? I think every team overpays in free agency for the production they end up getting. I am fine with it in this case, because we had no other options.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Melton
Crawford
McClain
Bass
Hayden

Thats a really nice rotation. DE should be the focus come draft day.

Not sure about nice rotation, it still needs work, lots of it,
Bass has not even shown he an play in this league
Hayden was lucky to make the team last year imo
Crawford has talent, need to step it up, in big way

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with him being on Medicare. The point has nothing to do with the money as much as you all of sudden calling Hatcher old. We need you to be a little more consistent with your opinions....I'm not the only one who caught your hypocrisy.

It was a joke, you weirdo.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
1 year with an option, and if he works out they'll be moreover the following year too pay him

starfrombirth

Reaction score
It was funny... they were talking to Kaplan in Chicago about Melton and they got sidetracked onto Romo... He makes some valid points that would make a 50 pager here for sure... Big Romo fan. He says that outside of 3 or 4 qb's in the league (Brady, Manning, Rodgers) who would you replace him with. It's not cut and dried not matter what anyone says.. But back on topic, he says that if Melton is motivated he is a damn good player and if by some chance we got Allen we would be much better and the implication was that we could contend for the playoffs... I like the sound of that tho the news isn't looking good for Allen.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
They are talking about the deal being LESS than Hatcher's. I hope it's a lot less but we will see.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's a bad and tricky injury agreed, but Winslow had a Pro Bowl year after his surgery (he was younger) and 3 decent years in Tampa. Just have a feeling the may try and get buy with Spencer for a year, while the draft pick gets his feet under him.

Will see.

Winslow was 23 i believe when he had it. But he dropped off quick. Wasnt it when he crashed his bike? Spencer is 29 and is still walking like a 80 yr old man. If he was close to a return he would've been signed. Cowboys need to move on.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
$4 mill seems real low ball but wouldn't be surprised by anything after what Commanders paid hatcher for one good year

Yes. I'm thinking a deal that averages $4 million a year isn't all that bad. It really just depends on the bonus and initial cap hits.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not like him as a person and NEVER want to hear the term 'right kind of guy' used again during the Garrett tenure. That said, I hope the deal makes good financial sense and the guy gets things turned around both on and off the field.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When was the last time you felt like we got our money's worth on a big free agent signing? I think every team overpays in free agency for the production they end up getting. I am fine with it in this case, because we had no other options.

It's typical for teams to overpay in FA. That is the nature of FA. However, it appears we did not overpay for Melton. I'll bet that is why we won't get Allen. Jerry seems to have learned from past experiences.