Melvin Gordon's contract vs Zeke's contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How did Garrett get into this conversation? You better slow down on that bottle. lol

Arent you going to get me in trouble? When is that going to happen? :muttley::muttley::muttley:

Did you cry when Garrett got fired?

aria

Reaction score
Do me a favor and go rant to someone else.
Nah, if it’s a Zeke thread I’m almost guaranteed to voice my discontent. Just because a player wears the Star doesn’t mean I have to like him or pretend to like him.

This goes both ways, you’ve actually commented a lot more in both of the current Zeke threads than I have. It’s a public forum where people are allowed and encouraged to express their opinions, that’s what makes this site so great. It’s not personal just because we disagree on the Ewok so don’t take it that way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah, if it’s a Zeke thread I’m almost guaranteed to voice my discontent. Just because a player wears the Star doesn’t mean I have to like him or pretend to like him.

This goes both ways, you’ve actually commented a lot more in both of the current Zeke threads than I have. It’s a public forum where people are allowed and encouraged to express their opinions, that’s what makes this site so great. It’s not personal just because we disagree on the Ewok so don’t take it that way.

I’ve commented a lot in other threads but you and I have exhausted the topic and we don't agree. It’s pointless for us to continue to hash over it.

aria

Reaction score
I’ve commented a lot in other threads but you and I have covered our differences. We don’t agree. It’s pointless for us to continue to hash over it.
Oh, I don’t know about that, you don’t enjoy my mostly facts that dispute your claims? I thought you might enjoy reading a different point of view, especially when I back it up with evidence not just opinion.

I feel my love for you isn’t reciprocated, am I right?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh, I don’t know about that, you don’t enjoy my mostly facts that dispute your claims? I thought you might enjoy reading a different point of view, especially when I back it up with evidence not just opinion.

If you were posting facts we wouldn’t have re-signed Zeke and others around the league would have criticized the signing. He’s arguably the best player on the Cowboys and he’s one of the top players in the league. This is a ridiculous debate. You and some others don’t like the amount of money we’re paying him, fine! I’m not going to discuss it any further. I’ve invested enough time with you on this and we don’t agree.

jnday

Reaction score

Yes you do have to like him. Since I said that I can’t stand Dak, I have been called all kinds of bad names by posters. They have even talked about my family, so be prepared for what you are getting into.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes you do have to like him. Since I said that I can’t stand Dak, I have been called all kinds of bad names by posters. They have even talked about my family, so be prepared for what you are getting into.
That stinks. I've always thought you were a level-headed one.
@aria is my dude and we disagree a lot!

I would proudly defend you both, although y'all don't need it.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Melvin Gordon reached an agreement on a two-year, $16 million deal that includes $13.5 million guaranteed with the Denver Broncos, a source confirmed to ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931790/source-ex-chargers-rb-melvin-gordon-agrees-broncos

Ezekiel Elliott signed a 6 year, $90,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $50,052,137 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,000,000.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/

Zeke is better but not that much better.
Yes, Zeke is lifetimes better than Melvin Gordon. It’s more than just running with a football in your hand. Elite awareness (blitz pickup) and blocking, elite catcher for a running back, elite route runner for a running back. Let’s also not forget how much attention he requires from the opposing defense when he’s in the game alone which just so happens to help out the quarterback, receivers and entire offense.

Now compare the 2 considering all those facets. It’s a no brainer!

Buy some of this forums logic, Emmanuel Sanders is arguably one of the best receivers of all time. Dropped one pass out of 72 catchable balls last year.

Like, come on get real here guys. The only people that have the audacity to compare those two are people on this message board. Crazy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Better watch out, he is going to start crying and report you. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, Zeke is lifetimes better than Melvin Gordon. It’s more than just running with a football in your hand. Elite awareness (blitz pickup) and blocking, elite catcher for a running back, elite route runner for a running back. Let’s also not forget how much attention he requires from the opposing defense when he’s in the game alone which just so happens to help out the quarterback, receivers and entire offense.

Buy some of this forums logic, Emmanuel Sanders is arguably one of the best receivers of all time. Dropped one pass out of 72 catchable balls last year.

Like, come on get real here guys. The only people that have the audacity to compare those two are people on this message board. Crazy

Gordon is a better runner, catcher, teammate, and costs half the price. Team Gordon with Pollard for half the price and you can spend the other 7 million on a DE. Both Pollard and Gordon has serious big play potential Offense would be much more potent and diverse.

aria

Reaction score
If you were posting facts we wouldn’t have re-signed Zeke and others around the league would have criticized the signing. He’s arguably the best player on the Cowboys and he’s one of the top players in the league. This is a ridiculous debate. You and some others don’t like the amount of money we’re paying him, fine! I’m not going to discuss it any further. I’ve invested enough time with you on this and we don’t agree.
Lol, do you realize how many other fans are laughing at us for signing him? I swear, some of you homers live in a Cowboys bubble. Being the best player on the Cowboys doesn’t justify the salary. Is that you Jerry?

You’ll be back, you’re not going anywhere.

aria

Reaction score
Ha...I’m well aware and seasoned! I’ve been vocally hating him since draft day and I don’t plan on letting up until he’s not wearing the Star. At that point, all the homers will finally turn on him as well since he will no longer be a Cowboy and they won’t feel obligated to support the dunce.

aria

Reaction score

Likewise buddy. We would probably agree on more if I actually chimed in on other threads instead of just surfing them and not participating. I only have enough focus and energy to be passionate about one player and we just happen to disagree on him.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No I’m not wrong and that was proven by extending Zeke and allowing Jones to walk. Case closed!
So anything this front office does is beyond reproach?

That is an idiotic hill to die on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So anything this front office does is beyond reproach?

That is an idiotic hill to die on.

Byron Jones wasn’t a playmaker and during his 5 seasons with the Cowboys he only had 2 career INT’s. Was he worth being paid the most at his position, $17 million per season based on what he’s done?

aria

Reaction score
Byron Jones wasn’t a playmaker and during his 5 seasons with the Cowboys he only had 2 career INT’s. Was he worth being paid the most at his position, $17 million per season based on what he’s done?
Yeah too bad he couldn’t get more INT’s to keep up with Zeke’s 15 fumbles in just 4 years. I can’t recall how many times those fumbles actually resulted in turnovers but I assure you it was more than two.

So in other words, Byron gets knocked for not getting INT’s even though he took away other teams best receivers by himself but Zeke gets a free pass for all of his fumbles because he had the meaningless rushing title due to the O line. What’s the difference? A turnover is a turnover.

jnday

Reaction score

I may need your help with all of these Dakettes hanging up on me. What they don’t realize is that I will turn around and agree with them in the next thread. lol

jnday

Reaction score

Some of these guys are overlooking that half the RB gets half of the money. Gordon is half the back that Zeke is and the two should not be compared playing wise of contract wise.

jnday

Reaction score
Gordon is a better runner, catcher, teammate, and costs half the price. Team Gordon with Pollard for half the price and you can spend the other 7 million on a DE. Both Pollard and Gordon has serious big play potential Offense would be much more potent and diverse.
You will spend half and get about half of the impact in games from Gordon. Defense are not going to stack the box to stop Gordon like they do for Zeke. Dak won’t get those stats that the Dakettes bragg about without Zeke and the adjustments that defenses make to stop him.