Melvin Gordon's contract vs Zeke's contract

aria

Reaction score
Zeke rules!!!!! He's much smarter than Gordon. He got paid and is laughing at all his detractors!! Lol!!! Sorry buddy......I'm so ashamed.
So am I, ashamed that the big headed, purse carrying cry baby punk diva wears the Star. I’ll be throwing a “Zeke is gone” party the minute we get rid of him, unfortunately I’ll have to wait another few years of watching more critical players walk because of the ridiculous contract Jerry handed out.

The fact that Zeke is laughing shows how bad the contract is because that implies even he knows it.

jay94

Reaction score
I would still take Wentz, Bosa, and Ramsey over Zeke. They all play WAY more important positions. For 2 years out of Wentz's career he has had no one to throw to, pre Amari how did Dak look?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I would still take Wentz, Bosa, and Ramsey over Zeke. They all play WAY more important positions. For 2 years out of Wentz's career he has had no one to throw to, pre Amari how did Dak look?
I agree with Wentz and Bosa, but not Ramsey. Of course Wentz and Bosa were already taken.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We get it. You hate that Zeke thumbed his nose at you and got paid anyway. It's still going to happen though.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So am I, ashamed that the big headed, purse carrying cry baby punk diva wears the Star. I’ll be throwing a “Zeke is gone” party the minute we get rid of him, unfortunately I’ll have to wait another few years of watching more critical players walk because of the ridiculous contract Jerry handed out.

The fact that Zeke is laughing shows how bad the contract is because that implies even he knows it.
On a serious note, be safe my friend!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Melvin Gordon reached an agreement on a two-year, $16 million deal that includes $13.5 million guaranteed with the Denver Broncos, a source confirmed to ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931790/source-ex-chargers-rb-melvin-gordon-agrees-broncos

Ezekiel Elliott signed a 6 year, $90,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $50,052,137 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,000,000.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/

Zeke is better but not that much better.
Gordon averages 33.3 yards per game and 0.6 yards per carry less than Zeke over their careers. That's a pretty sizable difference. That's an average of 533 fewer yards over 16 games than Zeke.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Best player doesn’t equate to best decision. Other than Nelson, the same could be said for Barkley and that was even more of an idiotic decision on the Giants part considering the position they were in compared to us when Jerrah drafted knucklehead.

Same goes for FA’s who many are notoriously overpaid, just because they are the best FA at their position doesn’t mean you should over pay for them. Although some positions are more worthy of paying for than a RB which is about the most expendable position on the field.
Who should the Giants have drafted other than Barkley there?

And yeah best player is the best decision. You are telling me if you had the option of Aaron Rodgers or Jason Witten........you had Tony Romo already but you didn't have a tight end....you'd take Jason Witten?

JayFord

Reaction score
What is peoples issue with Zeke?

Since hes been in the league hes been nothing short of the best RB in football

were complaining about a guy whos worst year was 983 yards when he play in 10 games suspended for 6 and had only 9 yards in another

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Actually he is. And his contract is 48 Million for the first four years, which is all that matters. The 15 Million per year number is inflated because they added years to give him that "highest paid RB" title and spread the cap hit for the bonuses out.

Keep your math and facts out of this emotional hate debate!

texbumthelife

Reaction score
As I'm typing that, I cant recall a Dallas team that contained more dudes that I absolutely cannot stand.

Very unlikable bunch. Act like they've done something. They cant even take a division that's basically handed to them.

Jesus, you hate them in March? Maybe let them play a friggin preseason game together before forming your opinion?

aria

Reaction score
Who should the Giants have drafted other than Barkley there?

And yeah best player is the best decision. You are telling me if you had the option of Aaron Rodgers or Jason Witten........you had Tony Romo already but you didn't have a tight end....you'd take Jason Witten?
As I said, the Giants should have taken Nelson who is already a lock for the HOF. You don’t rebuild a team, especially an O line with a semi retired QB, around a RB. It works the other way around plus it’s been shown proven time and time again that teams win Super Bowls with late round RB’s or cheap veterans.

The Giants have already wasted 3 years of Barkley’s career due to O line issues and pretty soon they’ll either have to over pay for him or let him walk. Their LT, Solder is another prime example. He was considered the best LT in free agency although he was only mediocre at best and the Giants paid him the most money ever for that position just because “he was the best available”.

Yeah, depending on the circumstances I would stick with Romo (as much as I didn’t care for him). So if Zeke was on his second year and the Cowboys had a chance to draft a better RB in the top 5 (ie Barkley) then they should have drafted Barkley?

Not trying to get into who’s better but it’s a legitimate question to wonder how much better Barkley would be for this team with his break away speed and open field moves if he had actual room to run like Zeke does behind this O line. Zeke would be lucky to break 1K yards behind the Giants O line and would probably be hurt by now with his running style.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of giving RB’s big contracts.

But Zeke is an all around better player the Gordon. And it’s not even close.

Gordon has played more games, yet has less yards, less TD’s, averages less yards per game, and less yards per rushing attempt. And though Gordon has more pass targets, Zeke has more catching yards, and higher yards per reception.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As I said, the Giants should have taken Nelson who is already a lock for the HOF. You don’t rebuild a team, especially an O line with a semi retired QB, around a RB. It works the other way around plus it’s been shown proven time and time again that teams win Super Bowls with late round RB’s or cheap veterans.

The Giants have already wasted 3 years of Barkley’s career due to O line issues and pretty soon they’ll either have to over pay for him or let him walk. Their LT, Solder is another prime example. He was considered the best LT in free agency although he was only mediocre at best and the Giants paid him the most money ever for that position just because “he was the best available”.

Yeah, depending on the circumstances I would stick with Romo (as much as I didn’t care for him). So if Zeke was on his second year and the Cowboys had a chance to draft a better RB in the top 5 (ie Barkley) then they should have drafted Barkley?

Not trying to get into who’s better but it’s a legitimate question to wonder how much better Barkley would be for this team with his break away speed and open field moves if he had actual room to run like Zeke does behind this O line. Zeke would be lucky to break 1K yards behind the Giants O line and would probably be hurt by now with his running style.

Well wait I do agree that it was stupid for the Giants to draft Barkley for exactly what you said. They wasted a year on Eli and then have to wait for Daniel Jones to develop. Wasting Barkley's rookie contract on developmental years.
So from that aspect that was stupid I do agree.

But drafting Barkley itself wasn't the problem. He was good enough to be the best player drafted. Just was drafted by the wrong team IMO.

The same way you feel about drafting running back early is how I feel about drafting guard early. I feel like I can find a guard later on in the draft. I think LT is the only position I take in the top 10. For me to take a guard.....it will have to be later on in the draft.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Actually he is. And his contract is 48 Million for the first four years, which is all that matters. The 15 Million per year number is inflated because they added years to give him that "highest paid RB" title and spread the cap hit for the bonuses out.
Even at that depressed value thats 50% more than Gordon just signed for with much more risk.. If you just look at AAV Zeke is not twice as good as Gordon.

If you look at guaranteed money he isn't 400% better.

Also Gurley just signed for $6MM on the open market.

Our Zeke deal looks worse and worse.

aria

Reaction score
What is peoples issue with Zeke?

Since hes been in the league hes been nothing short of the best RB in football

were complaining about a guy whos worst year was 983 yards when he play in 10 games suspended for 6 and had only 9 yards in another

Let’s see, where do I start?
- off the field he’s about the most unlikable person I can think of, an entitled punk bully diva brat

- most yards doesn’t equate to best RB. He had arguably the best O line in the league his rookie year and has had top 10 O lines since, including last year in which the Cowboys O line was second in run blocking. Whenever he had a bad game it was the O lines fault or coaching but whenever he had good games the O line is never mentioned. If he played behind most O lines in the league, his name would hardly be mentioned as one of the best

- he’s a quitter and taps out during critical situations

- he held this team hostage by sitting out with 2 years left on his contract

- he has disappeared in too many big games to demand to paid as the best

-personality aside, no RB is worthy of the number 4 overall pick and certainly not the money he demanded (that’s mostly on Jerry but he’s the first brat in the history of the NFL to sit out with two years left on his contract IIRC)

- he carries purses

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Melvin Gordon reached an agreement on a two-year, $16 million deal that includes $13.5 million guaranteed with the Denver Broncos, a source confirmed to ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931790/source-ex-chargers-rb-melvin-gordon-agrees-broncos

Ezekiel Elliott signed a 6 year, $90,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $50,052,137 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,000,000.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/

Zeke is better but not that much better.
Jerry was a fool to pay that for a RB.