Member Pet Pictures

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I was thinking the same thing about the Prozac lol.

I have a pit/boxer mix like yeager but she is not as big and looks more like a full blooded pit bull.

Shortly after she had puppies and we sold them and then our other pit had to be put down because of medical reasons.

Anyways since then our pitbull , Brandy is her name, had what the vets said is seperation anxiety...I guess those two things plus the fact we moved shortly afterwards.

So ever since then she will suck on pillows or blankets....bunch those things up and suck on them like a pup would suckle a teat. She is over ten years old now and she still does it.
It is funny to see...I have never seen another dog do it...bu it comes in handy sometimes as if we want her to lay down we just grab one of many old pillows we have and hold it by her and she will lay down and suckle with it.

In the past the wife would ask her why she did it (like the dog would answer lol) and I would act like I was giving the dog a threatening look and giving the finger to the mouth SHHH sign as a joke....but she asked the vet and he said it was seperaton anxiety. They never gave her pills or anything for it.

Now her back legs are getting arthritis in it and where she will jump around or take off running to hard she gets them sore so we give her pills for that.

If I get a chance I will take a pic of her.

To someone who does not know her she can look pretty mean and intimidating but she is my girlie and a good dog. If we are playing tug of war or something and she accidentally grabs my finger while trying to get a grip on the toy she will stop playing and will not play again until much later. However I do have some nice scars on my arms from her claws.

I was horsing around with Angus one time and he swatted me across the bridge of my nose with his paw. I saw stars for about 5 minutes and thought he had broken my nose.

Duane

Reaction score
My Mom and Dad have a 135pd Akita and a 140pd Great Pyrenees. The Akita is a lot like Angus in relation to other people and other dogs.

She's had folks cornered at the parents business before because one of the two stepped away. One time I caught her with a nose in someone's crotch. He was saying "bite my leg, bite my leg". :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
My Mom and Dad have a 135pd Akita and a 140pd Great Pyrenees. The Akita is a lot like Angus in relation to other people and other dogs.

She's had folks cornered at the parents business before because one of the two stepped away. One time I caught her with a nose in someone's crotch. He was saying "bite my leg, bite my leg". :D

Bite my leg lmao!

Funny Story about the other pit we had.

The thing was a big baby....really, if it growled it was a very rare thing.

Anyways when we lived at the one place we did not have a fence so we would put the dogs on a line outside when they needed to go outside.

So one day I here someone knocking at the door, never heard the dog bark or anything.

So I go to the door and there is a state policeman. And I am wondering what the heck was going on because I know I had done nothing wrong.

Someone had stolen a car across the street and he was just asking people if they saw anything. I thought it was funny that the guy looked like he was sweating some because it was pretty cool out that day.

Anyways I happen to look down at the dog and as my eyes were coming back up I noticed there was a big muddy paw print on the officers crotch.
I guess my dog had put his foot up and nailed the officer in the crotch and that was why he was sweating haha.

Funny thing is all through my childhood till now we have only had one dog that I considered somewhat bad....one that it would not surprise me if it would try to bite someone as it was just a mean dog and uncontrollable....and it was a pom mix.
We have had Saint Bernards, Pitbulls, Boxers and a great dane and a mastiff that we kind of adopted (at different times) until we found a home for them....none of them were bad animals.

Heck the boxer we had at one time was the biggest coward of a dog I ever did see. If he was outside and the guy came to work on the power lines at the pole outside our yard that dog would run on the porch and litterally put his paws up on the screen door trying to get in.
If it stormed he would shake like a leaf and climb on you. If someone came in the yard he would cower on the porch will our pit would bark at them.

I never seen another dog so afraid of things as he was, we got him as a very young pup (bottle fed him) so it was not a matter of getting a dog that had been beaten.

In the end I think maybe his eye and or his hearing may have been bad because he developed a brain tumor and towards the end could not even stand so we had to have him put to sleep.

Loveable dog, but a big coward.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane said:

If anyone ever breaks in to my house and Angus gets a hold of them they will be easy to find because there will be plenty of DNA evidence :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
If anyone ever breaks in to my house and Angus gets a hold of them they will be easy to find because there will be plenty of DNA evidence :D

It reminds me of my friends dog he had, do not know if it is still alive as I have not talked to the guy in a few years.

He had a dog, he said it was pit mix with something but the only thing I thought that looked like a pit on the dog was its jaws...that muscle formation, you know what I mean.

This dog was a coal black dog and he had named the dog satan....which was funny considering this guy lived with his parents in this small house and both of his parents were very good church going people.

He made this dog mean, I do not know how the dog would have turned out if with someone else but he told me he did things to make the dog mean.

Anyways he was telling me this story and it had me rolling.

He and his mom were at home and they heard a knock on the door.
Well his dog satan starts barking and trying to get at the door. Meanwhile his mom ( a good church going lady and a small lady) is trying to get the door open while at the same time keep the dog back so he can not get at anybody on the other side of the door. While she is doing this both Her and this friend were both yelling at the dog. They were yelling...Satan get down, Satan get back at a loud level.

So the guy gets a grip on the dogs collar and holds him while his mom opens up the door.

It happened to be two young men...Jehova Witness guys going around recruiting.

He said they just looked scared and shocked because someone inside was screaming get back satan and get down satan.

He said they did not say anything for a few seconds and then one said....sorry wrong house and they both left hahaha...that story just killed me.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
It reminds me of my friends dog he had, do not know if it is still alive as I have not talked to the guy in a few years.

He had a dog, he said it was pit mix with something but the only thing I thought that looked like a pit on the dog was its jaws...that muscle formation, you know what I mean.

This dog was a coal black dog and he had named the dog satan....which was funny considering this guy lived with his parents in this small house and both of his parents were very good church going people.

He made this dog mean, I do not know how the dog would have turned out if with someone else but he told me he did things to make the dog mean.

Anyways he was telling me this story and it had me rolling.

He and his mom were at home and they heard a knock on the door.
Well his dog satan starts barking and trying to get at the door. Meanwhile his mom ( a good church going lady and a small lady) is trying to get the door open while at the same time keep the dog back so he can not get at anybody on the other side of the door. While she is doing this both Her and this friend were both yelling at the dog. They were yelling...Satan get down, Satan get back at a loud level.

So the guy gets a grip on the dogs collar and holds him while his mom opens up the door.

It happened to be two young men...Jehova Witness guys going around recruiting.

He said they just looked scared and shocked because someone inside was screaming get back satan and get down satan.

He said they did not say anything for a few seconds and then one said....sorry wrong house and they both left hahaha...that story just killed me.
:lmao: That is a good story

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Then there was also the time Angus drug me down a flight of stairs and busted my head open. I had gotten it in to my head he was going to go out to do his business when I was ready......mistake #1. So by the time I got tired of his whinning I got his leash hooked up on him and started out of the door. The steps to the apartment complex had a landing the middle of the stairs and by the time I got to the landing he was on the ground and trying to get to the grass. He jerked the leash and for some stupid reason I tried to hand on to it.....mistake #2. The next thing I remember is coming two at the bottom of the stairs with my head busted open. You know it's bad when the Dr looks at it and says WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! lol

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Then there was also the time Angus drug me down a flight of stairs and busted my head open. I had gotten it in to my head he was going to go out to do his business when I was ready......mistake #1. So by the time I got tired of his whinning I got his leash hooked up on him and started out of the door. The steps to the apartment complex had a landing the middle of the stairs and by the time I got to the landing he was on the ground and trying to get to the grass. He jerked the leash and for some stupid reason I tried to hand on to it.....mistake #2. The next thing I remember is coming two at the bottom of the stairs with my head busted open. You know it's bad when the Dr looks at it and says WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ouch! that must have sucked.

Your lucky you didn't break your neck.

I guess that dog REALLLLLY had to go eh? lol

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Ouch! that must have sucked.

Your lucky you didn't break your neck.

I guess that dog REALLLLLY had to go eh? lol
Very lucky I didn't break my neck and retrospect next time I'll let go of the leash :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/family/DSC00987_s.jpg

Lucy and Ricki... Miniature Longhair Dachshunds...

They are a little bigger now...

DA FAN

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this picture before.

Lucy.... our deadly watchdog!!

[IMG]http://i112.***BLOCKED***/albums/n183/jo_cc/Jersey1.jpg[/IMG]

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DA FAN;1831456 said:
Some of you may have seen this picture before.

Lucy.... our deadly watchdog!!

[IMG]http://i112.***BLOCKED***/albums/n183/jo_cc/Jersey1.jpg[/IMG]

She looks like she's a pistol :D

Duane

Reaction score
trickblue;1831441 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/family/DSC00987_s.jpg

Lucy and Ricki... Miniature Longhair Dachshunds...

They are a little bigger now...

Beautiful dogs. I bet they are a handful when they get excited.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Duane;1831521 said:
Beautiful dogs. I bet they are a handful when they get excited.

Lord you have no idea...

Ricki is 5.5 pounds of energy, and Lucy is 10.5 pounds of rompin' stompin' attention needing machine...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'll post some updated pics of my "family" in a bit. I've added another husky (beautiful female puppy that was given to me by the pet groomer).

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Duane;389757 said:
How do the two dogs play together?

Way back when I was in my late teens, my family had two dogs-- a black Belgian shepherd that went something over 100 pounds, named Rebel, and a beagle named Poco... Poco was maybe 20 per cent of the size of Rebel, but she just TERRORIZED that big mutt... he learned real quick to scarf his food down in a hurry, because once Poco finished hers, she'd head straight for his and run him off...

But the funniest thing of all was seeing Poco chasing Rebel through the house, nippin' at his testicles... poor Rebel was running with his butt just as close to the ground as he could, trying to protect the family jewels...

Rebel could have bitten Poco in half any time he chose, but she had the TUDE...

silverbear

Reaction score
DLK150;390031 said:
Here's psycho cat, otherwise known as Louie.

He has a major box fetish. If he thinks he hears a box being opened, he comes running.
catinthebox.jpg

hangingout.jpg

hmmm.jpg

If he hears a plastic bag, he comes from anywhere in the house to see if it's a bag of treats.

louie.jpg

Hiding from our granddaughter when she was about 3.

dangchild.jpg

He hates the slow times, too.

sigh.jpg

We've also got plenty of wildlife that hangs around our yard, but I can't quite call them pets. Yet.... :D

I'm not a big fan of cats, but that one has some amazing eyes...

silverbear

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;390222 said:
I was horsing around with Angus one time and he swatted me across the bridge of my nose with his paw. I saw stars for about 5 minutes and thought he had broken my nose.

I have a good friend who has a large, friendly Rottweiler named Rocky who has the cute little habit of reaching out for you with his paw, and nailing you right in the you-know-where... it's like being punched there...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
http://i185.***BLOCKED***/albums/x208/samck4/Sir-Bailey-Lemon-Drop700x441.jpg

http://i185.***BLOCKED***/albums/x208/samck4/baileyboy.jpg

Bailey has grown in the past 2 months.