Member Pet Pictures

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;390282 said:
If anyone ever breaks in to my house and Angus gets a hold of them they will be easy to find because there will be plenty of DNA evidence :D

Ahhh, time for another Rebel story... that big ol' mutt would let ANYBODY into the house... just don't try to get back out, unless one of us was there to let you out... we came home from a family outing one evening to find a burglar sitting in the basement, with Rebel about 10 feet away... not snarling, no hackles up or anything like that... at least (according to the burglar), not until he made a move to try to leave... that guy was happy to go to jail, LOL...

And another Rebel story-- the summer after my freshman year in college, I came back home, set about looking for a summer job... my Dad offered to pay me to maintain the yard (we had a full acre lot) and paint the trim on the house, and that sounded like a pretty good gig... this one summer afternoon, I'm on the ladder painting up under the eaves in the front of the house... had the front door open, the screen door latched, listening to some tunes as I worked...

Rebel was sitting at the screen door, watching the world go by, when this boxer comes up and cocks his leg on a tree in the front yard... Rebel went through that screen door in a flash, and they set to fighting... Rebel got him down, was going for the throat when I called him off (I didn't want to see that boxer killed), and to my surprise he came when called... the boxer attacked Rebel from behind, and they set to it again, with much the same result... I called Rebel off one more time, and he came to me again...

About this time, my Dad pulls into the driveway, and sure enough, the boxer attacked again... Dad softly said "finish him", and Rebel acted as if he understood what he was told; he turned on that boxer, and rather than going for the throat, he picked him up by the back of the neck, tossed his head, and snapped that boxer's neck clean... he laid the poor dead dog down, and didn't maul the corpse or anything, he just came and sat by Dad's side...

I was upset, loving dogs the way I do, but Dad told me that that boxer wasn't gonna quit until one of them was dead, and I guess he was right... it was a most impressive feat of strength, a sight to see, that big ol' boxer with all four legs waving in the air, in the jaws of Rebel...

And one final Rebel story, just so you guys don't think he was vicious or anything (the only thing I ever saw that he seemed to hate was horses)... that same summer, late one night I'm laying in my bedroom with the windows open, when I hear what sounded like a party... I look out my window, and a bunch of 20-somethings from the halfway house that had just set up shop down the block from us were sittin' in our yard, passing the paper bag that holds the bottle, laughing and joking, but rather loud...

I let my Dad know what was going on, and he reached into his nightstand drawer and got out his old service .45, and buckled the holster on over his bathrobe, then went out to run those boys off... I stood at the door, with Rebel right beside me... well, those boys were not intimidated at all by my Dad OR his gun, and they started giving him a hard time...

We kept Rebel's leash on a hook there by the front door, so I put it on him and went out to see in case those fools tried to fight Dad... and out the door we went, Rebel's tail wagging furiously... he was happy, thought he was gonna meet some new friends... well, those boys might not have been scared by my Dad's .45, but they got one look at that dog and they were outta there, in a great big hurry...

If you can't tell, Rebel was just about my favorite dog I ever had... I loved all of 'em, but he and me, we were tight... he slept in my room, I basically was responsible for taking care of him, he was MY dog...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;390297 said:
It reminds me of my friends dog he had, do not know if it is still alive as I have not talked to the guy in a few years.

He had a dog, he said it was pit mix with something but the only thing I thought that looked like a pit on the dog was its jaws...that muscle formation, you know what I mean.

This dog was a coal black dog and he had named the dog satan....which was funny considering this guy lived with his parents in this small house and both of his parents were very good church going people.

He made this dog mean, I do not know how the dog would have turned out if with someone else but he told me he did things to make the dog mean.

Anyways he was telling me this story and it had me rolling.

He and his mom were at home and they heard a knock on the door.
Well his dog satan starts barking and trying to get at the door. Meanwhile his mom ( a good church going lady and a small lady) is trying to get the door open while at the same time keep the dog back so he can not get at anybody on the other side of the door. While she is doing this both Her and this friend were both yelling at the dog. They were yelling...Satan get down, Satan get back at a loud level.

So the guy gets a grip on the dogs collar and holds him while his mom opens up the door.

It happened to be two young men...Jehova Witness guys going around recruiting.

He said they just looked scared and shocked because someone inside was screaming get back satan and get down satan.

He said they did not say anything for a few seconds and then one said....sorry wrong house and they both left hahaha...that story just killed me.

And now, I am seriously ROTFLMAO... I can just picture that whole scene...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/DDX.jpg
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/DDAngels.jpg

Here is Dashiki and Dobby

Dobby Doomsday is the pit
Dashiki ...Well the closest we can find is a Canaan Dog.

Both were from Animal shelters.

I wish I had a better picture of Dashiki but she is skittish and does not like to have her picture taken, while Dobby will sit for pictures.

So the wife wanted some ideas for holiday cards so I made those two.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1832259 said:

I wish I had a better picture of Dashiki but she is skittish and does not like to have her picture taken, while Dobby will sit for pictures.

Man Dobby has grown. He really looks like a pit now. He's definately not the scrawny thing he was when you first got him.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1832280 said:
Man Dobby has grown. He really looks like a pit now. He's definately not the scrawny thing he was when you first got him.

Well he is not as skinny as he was. When we got him he was suffering from malnutrition and the shelter said that he was infested with fleas so bad they had to do the flea dip 2-3 times.

However, he is still skinny. Well he is actually in perfect health and weight but still he is the only skinny one in our house.:laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1832312 said:
Well he is not as skinny as he was. When we got him he was suffering from malnutrition and the shelter said that he was infested with fleas so bad they had to do the flea dip 2-3 times.

However, he is still skinny. Well he is actually in perfect health and weight but still he is the only skinny one in our house.:laugh2:

*sending this to Mrs. BP* :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My dog is a member of our family and rides in the front seat of my truck everywhere I go.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1832371 said:
My dog is a member of our family and rides in the front seat of my truck everywhere I go.

So the wife and kids are stuck in the bed of the truck? :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1832330 said:
*sending this to Mrs. BP* :D

We say it all the time at home.

We will be in the living room. I will look at dobby and sing..One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is just not the same. :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1832401 said:
We say it all the time at home.

We will be in the living room. I will look at dobby and sing..One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is just not the same. :laugh2:

:laugh2:

We used to call Angus sausage dog. :D

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Here is "MacKenzie Cowboy", (that is his name on his pedigree papers) .. but he just goes by "Mac".

Like most mini-schnauzers he barks a lot when company arrives at the door, but eventually settles down.

He is very smart, and after being with us for 12 yrs, I swear he understands english. :D

http://i86.***BLOCKED***/albums/k117/stev146/100_0937b.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1832422 said:
Here is "MacKenzie Cowboy", (that is his name on his pedigree papers) .. but he just goes by "Mac".

Like most mini-schnauzers he barks a lot when company arrives at the door, but eventually settles down.

He is very smart, and after being with us for 12 yrs, I swear he understands english. :D

http://i86.***BLOCKED***/albums/k117/stev146/100_0937.jpg

Everytime I see one of those dogs I picture them speaking with a Scottish accent. :laugh2:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1832431 said:
Everytime I see one of those dogs I picture them speaking with a Scottish accent. :laugh2:

I'm pretty sure schnauzers are German. :D

I had a Giant Schnauzer once, .. what a stud he was! They used them to guard breweries back in the day.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1832464 said:
I'm pretty sure schnauzers are German. :D

I had a Giant Schnauzer once, .. what a stud he was! They used them to guard breweries back in the day.

Yeah I realize they are German and very cool dogs.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1832474 said:
Yeah I realize they are German and very cool dogs.

Oh, I thought maybe you had them mixed up with the Scottish terrier, they look a lot alike in the face.

PosterChild

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1832259 said:

I had a Pit- Dog rest his soul-that was the spitting image of yours. The resemblance is spooky.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PosterChild;1832522 said:
I had a Pit- Dog rest his soul-that was the spitting image of yours. The resemblance is spooky.

The wife fell in love with dobby the minute she set eyes on him because a few months prior we lost our female pit named brandy. We had brandy for 13-15 years and he looks just like her...well except he is skinny.

Dobby is hyper and goofy as can be. But a little lovable baby.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Did you name Dobby after the elf from the Harry Potter movie/book?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
trickblue;1831441 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/family/DSC00987_s.jpg

Lucy and Ricki... Miniature Longhair Dachshunds...

They are a little bigger now...

Awwww, so cute!

Gus and Goober say...
gusgoob_jersey.png

"Guten tag cousins!!"

:D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;1832655 said:
Did you name Dobby after the elf from the Harry Potter movie/book?

Yes.

When we first got him his ears would stand up straight. Could not get them to stay down. Looked like the ears on the harry potter character.