Memories of better times - 6 minutes of Romo to TO

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Haven’t seen criticism of QBs yet in this thread, only that the period was not better times.

Right? It's clear the OP and the others expected Romo hate and then when people didn't just gush and agree that those were better times, decided to label it Romo hate anyway and throw out the word "agenda" while clearly having an agenda. Life imitates this message board half the time. Lol.

Motorola

Reaction score
First part of the thread title is misleading.
Romo's and Prescott's first four seasons as the starter are somewhat similar.
(2006- Romo started nearly 2/3rds of the season so I credit it as his "first".)
Romo - Year - Prescott
6-4 ____2006 \ 2016___13-3
13-3___2007 \ 2017_____9-7
9-7_____2008 \ 2018___10-6
11-5____2009 \ 2019____8-8
4-year records: Romo 39-19, Prescott 40-24
Two NFC East titles for both
One wildcard round victory apiece (plus WC round loss with Romo)
Two divisional round games (one home and one away) for each QB -all losses

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
obviously you didnt watch the videos and all his tds and big plays..i guess the defense even knowing its about to be snapped cant get there in time when you have quick release and know where you are going with the ball..other qbs sit back and wait until there halo of space around the Wrs to throw it are the ones who need more time..

id rather have long presnap look by a Qb who can dissect defense then one who needs to see a wr open to throw it..
Look, I'm not taking a dump on Romo because I don't like him. I've explained that I was a huge supporter ad nauseum. That being said it's incredibly disingenuous to only mention the plays that were successful.
Not only have I watched the plays you mentioned, but I watched them all, not just the good ones.

If you honestly think waiting until there's a second left to snap the ball is a good thing that's on you.

erod

Reaction score
Romo - Year - Prescott
Dak inherited an incredible team. That roster was far better than what Romo ever had.

You can't compare that way. Rosters change.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo - Year - Prescott
This is all true, but I try not to use wins and losses to illustrate and individual player.

Qcard

Reaction score
Thank you and I agree.
Got paid a lot of money.
Got adopted by the Jones family.
Some portion of fans have Romo Stockholm syndrome.. as in they think he is the great thing since sliced bread.
I loved Romo and defended to the bone, but after watching his whole career, i honestly remember all the times he came up small in the playoffs and a lot of big big regular season games. I could list out several just off the top of my head.. and this will anger all the Romo lovers.. And let me add I am not a Dak guy, I think both of them are functionally equivalent.
Good players, you should not confuse for Franchise QB's and DO NOT pay Dak 40 million a year. It is the formula to go 7-9 to 9-7 for the next 10 years.. so we would be going on 36 years since a NFC Championship game apperance.
Agreed. Dak and Romo are functionality equivalent. I would pay Dak $40M either. I would Tag at Exclusive level and see how the ankle holds over the season.

If Dak proves recovers and Cowboys make the playoffs, then I'd throw the kitchen sick at Dak in 2022.

$40M per year in 2022 will peanuts compared to the signicant $$ with impending new NFL and Broadcasting rights deal. The latest NFLPA agreement with NFL allows for significant increases in players salary potions in line with increase league revenue.

Most of these debates on this forum are genuine projects based on outdated parameters.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As great as TO was, he was not fully at his prime in Dallas. Still a beast and he really took care of his body, but the dude was 34-35 years old.
Amazing how he could get separation.
Romo was still green, with that 3/4 delivery, etc.
He was a better QB later in his career, but his body didn't hold up.

erod

Reaction score
As great as TO was, he was not fully at his prime in Dallas. Still a beast and he really took care of his body, but the dude was 34-35 years old.
Amazing how he could get separation.
Romo was still green, with that 3/4 delivery, etc.
He was a better QB later in his career, but his body didn't hold up.

Because most of his career was played behind lines like what we saw last year here.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because most of his career was played behind lines like what we saw last year here.
Or worse.

But he also worked on his game throughout his career.
His mechanics, decision making, and pre-snap reads all got much better...imo

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Dak inherited an incredible team. That roster was far better than what Romo ever had.

You can't compare that way. Rosters change.
This is all true, but I try not to use wins and losses to illustrate and individual player.
Well, your use of the words 'better times' implied that the seasons with Romo and T.O. were superior or finer to recent Cowboys years. If the won-loss record or playoff success is not what you meant by 'better times'....what is it?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

If those were better times then it’s obvious things have gone really sour. The Romo to TO connection never led to one playoff win. If you want better times dig up the Aikman to Irvin connection.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Right? It's clear the OP and the others expected Romo hate and then when people didn't just gush and agree that those were better times, decided to label it Romo hate anyway and throw out the word "agenda" while clearly having an agenda. Life imitates this message board half the time. Lol.
It certainly does. This place continues to be more of a joke that the actual team is.