Merged: Jaylon sucks

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
What a stupid thread
Go back and look at the film. You'll see you are either the worlds biggest homer, or have no idea what you're talking about.

OP is right. Jaylon Smith is the worst LB I've ever seen in my life. He is a poor mans Bobby Carpenter. Is is the injury? Or is it him? I don't know. I hope its the injury, but I have my doubts at this point. There has GOT TO BE a better alternative. At this point, there isn't a college LB in the country that isn't leaps and bounds better than Jaylon. He is THAT bad.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
0ap3000000537028.jpg

This guy was too much of a risk for some people. "Degenerative knee!"

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
Obviously this is an exaggeration. But honestly. The guy clearly is not ready to be out there. He has zero lateral movement.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
No way our GM was going to pass on a high-risk player with "first round talent" who "fell" to the 2nd. Too much potential value which Wildcatter Jones prefers to actual value.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Just watch him on the upcoming drive. He has no intention of tackling a running back head on, I'm assuming because or no confidence in planting with that foot. He'll go away from his designated lane so he won't have to. He's ok with chasing behind very slow

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Just watch him on the upcoming drive. He has no intention of tackling a running back head on, I'm assuming because or no confidence in planting with that foot. He'll go away from his designated lane so he won't have to. He's ok with chasing behind very slow

I've noticed the same. Not sure if the misdiagnosis is intentional or not, but he misdiagnoses 75%+ of plays and is routinely in the exact opposite place of where he's supposed to be.

If he stumbles into the correct read, he has absolutely no ability to take on/shed a block or make a tackle. I feel terrible for the guy but how in God's name is the coaching staff ok with this? How can there not be better options?

I'm truly stunned.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I've noticed the same. Not sure if the misdiagnosis is intentional or not, but he misdiagnoses 75%+ of plays and is routinely in the exact opposite place of where he's supposed to be.

If he stumbles into the correct read, he has absolutely no ability to take on/shed a block or make a tackle. I feel terrible for the guy but how in God's name is the coaching staff ok with this? How can there not be better options?

I'm truly stunned.

No one would think less of them or him if he was scratched, he's obviously not ready yet. But they're not putting him on same pedastal as other players... anyone else this bad would be benched, if not cut.

stiletto

Reaction score
No one would think less of them or him if he was scratched, he's obviously not ready yet. But they're not putting him on same pedastal as other players... anyone else this bad would be benched, if not cut.

At some point they have to no that fans won't actually believe that ownership or the coaches are trying to win if Jaylon is still playing. How long do they think they can fool everyone who hasn't already easily woken to the facts? Everyone loves the story of the guy but he is not good enough to be the Middle Linebacker of the Dallas Cowboys and that is putting it mildly; he isn't even practice squad worthy of becoming good enough to be called up right now....