Met a bunch of the Boys Today...(Link to pics - Post #64)

fweegy

Reaction score
Had myself a good day, went to a autograph show in Raritan, NJ. Got Ware, Witten, Barber, Alvin Harper, and Rayfield Wright to sign my helmet, for a fee, of course. A few insights......Ware is super nice and B-I-G.....Witten, again, real nice and alot bigger then I thought he was. Barber was very quiet, has those long gerry curls goin on and is almost old enought to own that patch of fur on his chin, lolol. Man he looked young, or I am freaking old. Rayfield Wright....OMG, maybe the nicest player I ever met...people were complaining cause it took him so long to sign, then I got up there and found out....he talks to everyone, takes a minute or two to converse with everyone...including letting kids wear his SB ring for pics, what a nice guy.
Harper...well, great guy, but boy has he porked up, he enjoys the good life.

Terrell was there too, LMAO.....man what a roar went up when he showed...half cheers, ALOT of boos, to funny...then everytime they announced the next set of numbers fo him....more cheers and boos, he was really laughing, he loved it.

Side note......When Harper signed for me, I shook his hand and said "Thanks for everything". Well, Emmitt was sitting next to him and he heard me and says "Harper? EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US? One catch, one long run, and HE says EVERYTHING??? Harper, THAT WAS EVERYTHING". It was to funny.

Anyhow, that was my day.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wow, you lucky :bastid: !!

I wish I would have been there! :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
fweegy said:
Had myself a good day, went to a autograph show in Raritan, NJ. Got Ware, Witten, Barber, Alvin Harper, and Rayfield Wright to sign my helmet, for a fee, of course. A few insights......Ware is super nice and B-I-G.....Witten, again, real nice and alot bigger then I thought he was. Barber was very quiet, has those long gerry curls goin on and is almost old enought to own that patch of fur on his chin, lolol. Man he looked young, or I am freaking old. Rayfield Wright....OMG, maybe the nicest player I ever met...people were complaining cause it took him so long to sign, then I got up there and found out....he talks to everyone, takes a minute or two to converse with everyone...including letting kids wear his SB ring for pics, what a nice guy.

Terrell was there too, LMAO.....man what a roar went up when he showed...half cheers, ALOT of boos, to funny...then everytime they announced the next set of numbers fo him....more cheers and boos, he was really laughing, he loved it.

Side note......When Harper signed for me, I shook his hand and said "Thanks for everything". Well, Emmitt was sitting next to him and he heard me and says "Harper? EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US? One catch, one long run, and HE says EVERYTHING??? Harper, THAT WAS EVERYTHING". It was to funny.

Anyhow, that was my day.
I am officially jealous as hell. Thanks for letting us know though. I hope you got some pictures you can post.

Rayman

Reaction score
fweegy said:

Anyhow, that was my day.

I was at a show in Chicago last weekend and got some of the same guys.

Your right about Rayfield, he really is a nice man.
I also got Harper, Emmitt, Michael, (already got Troy), Bates, Haley, Woodson, Deion (what a Jerk), Larry Brown, Walt Garrison, Leon Lett, and Jimmy Johnson.

I had a blast and spent a fortune, but oh well.
You can't take it with you.

jbsg02

Reaction score
fweegy said:

Anyhow, that was my day.

you cant be that old if you use "OMG"

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
A female friend of mine went to a trade show for her job up in Chicago. She told me the usual stuff and came back with an autographed Walter Payton framed photo that Payton signed before he died and gave that to my roommate who is a Bears fan.

She said she met a few other athletes. Then she said she wound up talking and eating lunch with one athlete who "claimed" he had played football and she had no idea who he was.

"What was his name" I inquired.

"Some guy with a real regular name. Said it was Randy White."

I almost fainted.

Rich..........

pancakeman

Reaction score
I'm curious 'cause I don't know anything about these autograph shows. How does the money work? How much money are we talking about?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Rayman said:
I was at a show in Chicago last weekend and got some of the same guys.

Your right about Rayfield, he really is a nice man.
I also got Harper, Emmitt, Michael, (already got Troy), Bates, Haley, Woodson, Deion (what a Jerk), Larry Brown, Walt Garrison, Leon Lett, and Jimmy Johnson.

I had a blast and spent a fortune, but oh well.
You can't take it with you.

Me, Beyonce, T.O. and Edde went out to Dinner...had a ball... even got a hotel in the holiday inn... I enjoyed having fun with Beyonce...

That was my day.. nothing much..

Rayman

Reaction score
pancakeman said:
I'm curious 'cause I don't know anything about these autograph shows. How does the money work? How much money are we talking about?

It all depends on the wich player your talking about.
It also varies with different promoters.

I know that the prices at the Mounted Memories show that I went to in Chicago was much less expensive than the Tristar Show in New Jersey.

Someone like Leon Lett, Alvin Harper, Rayfield Wright, Bill Bates, Darren Woodson, etc. are around $25.

Emmitt on the other hand is anywhere from $225 to $300.

I actually got Walt Garrison for free because he was signing in the U.S. Tobacco promotional tent.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yakuza Rich said:
She said she met a few other athletes. Then she said she wound up talking and eating lunch with one athlete who "claimed" he had played football and she had no idea who he was.

"What was his name" I inquired.

"Some guy with a real regular name. Said it was Randy White."
:bow:

fweegy

Reaction score
pancakeman said:

For this show, which is held this time every year, I spent $225.00. 20 to get in, 60 for witten, 40 for Rayfield, 35 for Ware, 35 for Harper, and 35 for Barber. Emmitt was well right around 300 as was Troy. Roy was bout 100.00, Irvin the asme and Novachek <sp> was like 40, but I already had those guys from other shows.

fweegy

Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
you cant be that old if you use "OMG"

Well, I am 44 but I have been chatting on the PC for 10 years, it becomes kind of 2nd nature

fweegy

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
cool...get any photo's ?

No pics this year, the spousal unit had official use of the camara for a shower she was attending.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
fweegy said:
No pics this year, the spousal unit had official use of the camara for a shower she was attending.

man you will have to talk with her about priorities :D

fweegy

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
man you will have to talk with her about priorities :D

*I* did have that talk, ergo I was at the show and NOT the shower, all-in-all I think I made a decent deal.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
fweegy said:
*I* did have that talk, ergo I was at the show and NOT the shower, all-in-all I think I made a decent deal.

Well I guess if that was the deal than ya done real good :D

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
I went to the same show just to get Troy to sign. His enourage wasn't as nice as Rayfield's as they wanted everyone to get thir pictures with Troy in as he was signing aand not stop to pose for all the pics. But he was a good sport and I got one anyways. My wife is a good sport and attends all these shows with me to be the photographer.

It was pretty chaotic, but I could see that Demarcus was still having a ball. He chatted with everyone that came up. A good rookie year hasn't changed him. I remember when a friend and I saw him before the Eagles game last year. He was going out with Spears the morning of ther game for breakfast. Asked him for a sig and he said later. When he came back, he actually did sign and pose for pics with everyone there.

Anyhow, wished I had been there for when Terrell showed up. Sounds like it was memorable. I will post up pic once I get it downloaded.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I was there also, got Aikman, Ware and T.O. It was chaotic, but a good time just the same.