Met a bunch of the Boys Today...(Link to pics - Post #64)

Rayman

Reaction score
Chief said:
I hear ya.

I wouldn't be interested in paying $5 for an autograph. Guess I'm not a "true fan." :)

Nothing to do with how big of fan you are Chief.

I'm just a collector I guess.

Once I got that first one (Staubach), it became a sickness. :laugh2:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
How much do guys like Joe Montana and John Elway fetch? About the same as Emmitt? I'm thinking Jim Brown would probably be the current living player able to charge the most.

Here's a link to the website of the company that runs the shows:
http://www.triumphsports.com/FFS/

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BIGDen said:
Here's a link to the website of the company that runs the shows:
http://www.triumphsports.com/FFS/

Thanks for the link.

Looking @ the overall prices....

Plaxico Burress for $150? :eek: Someone has a mighty high impression of himself.

Reggie Bush is already charging $100, eh?

Emmitt is far and away the most expensive player there. At least $100 more than greats like Joe Montana, Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor, Dan Marino and Joe Namath.

Charles Woodson $75 for a deluxe item? Shouldn't he find a team first? :D

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I got Jose Cortez's autograph once.

The cool part is, he actually paid me.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i am officially going to pay myself, i live right by there and knew nothing about it, im screwin around at home, while ppl r getting autographs from my favorite player,

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayman

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Thanks for the link.

Looking @ the overall prices....

Plaxico Burress for $150? :eek: Someone has a mighty high impression of himself.

Reggie Bush is already charging $100, eh?

Emmitt is far and away the most expensive player there. At least $100 more than greats like Joe Montana, Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor, Dan Marino and Joe Namath.

Charles Woodson $75 for a deluxe item? Shouldn't he find a team first? :D

The Mounted Memories show I went to last weekend had Chad Johnson priced at $79 for a deluxe item. I would much rather have C.J. over Plexico.

I think Plex was $125 at that show.

Also, Emmitt was $50 cheaper there too.

actual29

Reaction score
anyone kno if theyre doin another show anytime soon?
i didnt see any mention of it on their site.

damn i wish i went......
one (stupid) question
can u atleast see the players sittin there w/out payin for their autograph

like if i go there....and im walkin around....can i see the players? or r they like hidden away until u like pay their fee :nolook:

Little Jr

Reaction score
fweegy said:
*I* did have that talk, ergo I was at the show and NOT the shower, all-in-all I think I made a decent deal.

Well, I would told her I was going to the show and taking the camera. But I'm divorce so what do I know.:laugh2:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
DeWare94 said:
i am officially going to pay myself, i live right by there and knew nothing about it, im screwin around at home, while ppl r getting autographs from my favorite player,

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry man. They come around here every year and always have lots of Cowboys. It's always right in Raritan Center in Edison, NJ.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
actual29 said:
anyone kno if theyre doin another show anytime soon?
i didnt see any mention of it on their site.

damn i wish i went......
one (stupid) question
can u atleast see the players sittin there w/out payin for their autograph

like if i go there....and im walkin around....can i see the players? or r they like hidden away until u like pay their fee :nolook:

You can see the players at their tables from a little distance (50 ft?). They have it sectioned off with barriers so you can't really get close unless you have something to be signed and you have proof that you've paid. They rush you through a little too. It's basically a big, organized, money-making machine.

DA FAN

Reaction score
Rayman said:
It's unfortunate but it is almost always the case.

The worst experiences I've had at shows are Aikman and Sanders. Emmitt wasn't the greatest either because he is too pre-occupied with his authentication thing he's got going on.

Some of the best were (In no particular order) - Staubach, Moose, Novacek, Lilly, R. White, Woodson, Rayfield Wright, Walt Garrison, Bill Bates, Mel Renfro, Too Tall, Pearson, and Butch Johnson.

Deion has no business doing shows. He couldn't care less about how the item looks when he is done with it. The guy actually signed one of my full size helmets upside down, wich really sucks since it has some true Cowboys legends on it.

When I got Aikman a few years back, he wouldn't look up for a picture. On top of that, if you took a picture of him signing your item, he didn't want you to use a flash.
icon8.gif

The other guys were great. Very freindly and will talk to you and take pictures with you.
icon7.gif

DA FAN

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I just hope they give out certificates of authenticity now if they're gonna charge hundreds of dollars per John Hancock.

Sure, you can get a COA. But, you have to pay EXTRA!

I never get a COA because I don't plan on selling any of my items.

I take a picture of the player signing the item, which can be used as COA. I started this practice after reading the suggestion in a Sports Memorabilia magazine.

DA FAN

Reaction score
Rayman said:
Nothing to do with how big of fan you are Chief.

I'm just a collector I guess.

Once I got that first one (Staubach), it became a sickness. :laugh2:

I agree 100%.

My first autograph was Tony Dorsett's. Still waiting on an oppurtunity to get Staubach.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You know what, I hope some of that money goes to charity or something, because for the average Joe, shelling out 75-300 for an autograph of a guy that we, the American people made famous and paid their salaries is just sickening.

I mean, if a guy is just going to go out and sell it later that would be fine, but for just a collector it is just sick.

The older guys who did not make much like a Rayfield Wright of Staubach or Randy White, it does not bother me, but for Irvin,Aikman and Emmitt who are still making millions it is just ludicrous.

Sorry - thats just how I feel!

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
She told me the usual stuff and came back with an autographed Walter Payton framed photo that Payton signed before he died

Kinda an unnecessary statement, don't you think? :D

Rayman

Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
how much did they charge you to get in?

The shows I go to in Chicago cost $10 per day.

Also their is a V.I.P. deal that is pretty good.

Rayman

Reaction score
DA FAN said:
I agree 100%.

My first autograph was Tony Dorsett's. Still waiting on an oppurtunity to get Staubach.

I was fortunate enough to get Both those guys on the same day, along with Drew Pearson.