Twitter: Micah challenges Cooper and CeeDee to a race

RaZon

Reaction score
How can the whole world try to break a record in an event the whole world doesn't run and they had no opportunity to compete in? lol you make no sense. You expect them to mark off 100 yards in a field and have their buddy time them with a stopwatch? Hell, 100 yards is almost never even run in the USA or the British Commonwealth anymore. NCAA gave it up in 1975 and the Commonwealth gave it up in 1970.

Of course IAAF only cares about world records in events where the world actually competes. The only worldwide point of comparison is events in meters because every country runs events in meters.

So you are saying we never had a world record for 100 yards, it never existed at all......right? There is no such thing as a 100 yard world record,......right?

So when Bob Hayes ran 9.3 9.2 9.1 none of those times were a world record.....right?

Jesse Owens never held a 100 yard world record......right?

So there I was in Fresno the night Steve Williams ran a world record tying 9.1, I really didn't see a world record.....right?

A few years earlier on that same track I saw John Carlos run his world record tying 9.1, once again.....no not really, right?

So when we read...

Frank Wykoff 9.4 world record
Mel Patton 9.3 world record
Frank Budd 9.2 world record
Bob Hayes 9.1 world record
Ivory Crockett 9.0 world record

....all of that is wrong....right?

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you are saying we never had a world record for 100 yards, it never existed at all......right? There is no such thing as a 100 yard world record,......right?
You continually ignore what I write and present your own version to manufacture an argument. This all started a week or so ago in the same way. If you feel the need to ignore what I actually say and manufacture an argument one more time, so be it.

Bye now.

RaZon

Reaction score
You continually ignore what I write and present your own version to manufacture an argument. This all started a week or so ago in the same way. If you feel the need to ignore what I actually say and manufacture an argument one more time, so be it.

Bye now.

Dude, what you are saying is there is no such thing as a 100 yard world record, which is beyond ridiculous.

Talk about things you know about obviously sprinting isn't one of them, hey, I can't talk baseball.

RaZon

Reaction score
So I'm watching the Louisville vs Air Force game, this Louisville WR blows by a ** defender to catch a long TD passes his name is Tyler Harrell. TV guy....he runs a 4.19 40, Tyreek Hill doesn't run a 4.19, the worlds fastest human Christian Coleman the World Champion runs a 4.12. I have never heard of Tyler Harrell.

So I Google Tyler Harrell and track, found out why I have never heard of him, he runs a 10.58 100m, which won't get on my radar, and makes that 4.19 a bit,.....hmmmm? Coleman runs a 9.7 100m, Tyreek Hill with his 4.22 runs a 10.1 100m. A 10.5 cat and a 4.19 just doesn't work.

Now it is possible the kid has physically improved since his 100m HS timing, that is a possibility.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So I'm watching the Louisville vs Air Force game, this Louisville WR blows by a ** defender to catch a long TD passes his name is Tyler Harrell. TV guy....he runs a 4.19 40, Tyreek Hill doesn't run a 4.19, the worlds fastest human Christian Coleman the World Champion runs a 4.12. I have never heard of Tyler Harrell.

So I Google Tyler Harrell and track, found out why I have never heard of him, he runs a 10.58 100m, which won't get on my radar, and makes that 4.19 a bit,.....hmmmm? Coleman runs a 9.7 100m, Tyreek Hill with his 4.22 runs a 10.1 100m. A 10.5 cat and a 4.19 just doesn't work.

Now it is possible the kid has physically improved since his 100m HS timing, that is a possibility.

As you know.. running a 40 is different than running a 100.. In order to run a proper 100 you have to stay low out of the blocks, transition into full stride and then maintain as long as you can. When you run the 40 there is no transition. It's just explode and go.. So it's very possible that a guy who runs an amazing 40 could be more pedestrian in the 100. It's a different race and different type of training.

RaZon

Reaction score
As you know.. running a 40 is different than running a 100.. In order to run a proper 100 you have to stay low out of the blocks, transition into full stride and then maintain as long as you can. When you run the 40 there is no transition. It's just explode and go.. So it's very possible that a guy who runs an amazing 40 could be more pedestrian in the 100. It's a different race and different type of training.

Come on my man, big sprint fan here, ok? I know how it works, ok?

Christian Coleman runs a 9.7 100m he was bugged about running a football 40 so he did.....4.12. There is no way in hell a kid at Louisville who can't break a 10.5 100m can run a 4.19, it just can't happen. Tyreek Hill can run a 4.22 40 but he also runs a 10.19 100m.

10.58 guys don't run a 4.19 40.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Come on my man, big sprint fan here, ok? I know how it works, ok?

Christian Coleman runs a 9.7 100m he was bugged about running a football 40 so he did.....4.12. There is no way in hell a kid at Louisville who can't break a 10.5 100m can run a 4.19, it just can't happen. Tyreek Hill can run a 4.22 40 but he also runs a 10.19 100m.

10.58 guys don't run a 4.19 40.

I don't know.. I ran 10.58 in the 100m and was once clocked at 4.29 (hand timed yes but still) in the 40 and I can only assume this young man is faster at his peak than I was. My problem was that I would tighten up and run out of gas sooner than taller sprinters.. but before that happened I could hang with anybody. If this kid has similar explosion and is a couple of inches taller (likely meaning longer stride with like or better turnover) then I am not so convinced that he couldn't shave a tenth of a second off my 40 time if he hit it right. But no.. none of them can hang with Coleman.. That's a different kinda cat. I will say this however.. Coleman ran his 4.12 in track spikes.. I dare say that would give him an advantage over guys running in football cleats.

RaZon

Reaction score
I don't know.. I ran 10.58 in the 100m and was once clocked at 4.29 (hand timed yes but still) in the 40 and I can only assume this young man is faster at his peak than I was. My problem was that I would tighten up and run out of gas sooner than taller sprinters.. but before that happened I could hang with anybody. If this kid has similar explosion and is a couple of inches taller (likely meaning longer stride with like or better turnover) then I am not so convinced that he couldn't shave a tenth of a second off my 40 time if he hit it right. But no.. none of them can hang with Coleman.. That's a different kinda cat. I will say this however.. Coleman ran his 4.12 in track spikes.. I dare say that would give him an advantage over guys running in football cleats.

A hand timed anything is a good .15 off electric, so ya ran around a 4.42ish, that is believable for a 10.58cat. I never ran 100m I was out of track after HS, I did run a 10.4 100 yards as a PR but more of a 10.6 guy. Putting that is perspective Edison HS had Sam Davis running 9.6. He'd go on to become a member of that San Jose "Speed City" scene with Tommie Smith, John Carlos, Lee Evans. I joined the Navy, ha!

4.6 40 on grass hand timed.

Do think Coleman could run a fast 40 bare foot.