Twitter: Micah challenges Cooper and CeeDee to a race

RaZon

Reaction score
Do it for charity. Based on 40 time, Parson bested both Cooper and Lamb

If they ran a 100m a 40 time means nothing, that race starts at around the 60ish mark when these guys are hitting that topend.

A fast football player like a Tyreek Hill can run with a world class sprinter for 40ish yards, then the sprinter will take over because of his far superior speed endurance because he trains for that while the NFLer doesn't.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If they ran a 100m a 40 time means nothing, that race starts at around the 60ish mark when these guys are hitting that topend.

A fast football player like a Tyreek Hill can run with a world class sprinter for 40ish yards, then the sprinter will take over because of his far superior speed endurance because he trains for that while the NFLer doesn't.

Frankly do not know what any of them would run a 100 yard at. My statement is just what we do know which is the 40 time, since combines do not record the 100.
I also think this is all for kicks and grins on the part of Parsons, I would love to see it

lostar2009

Reaction score
Young rook who know how to use that 4.3 speed. The football gods has been kind to us :D.

RaZon

Reaction score
Frankly do not know what any of them would run a 100 yard at. My statement is just what we do know which is the 40 time, since combines do not record the 100.
I also think this is all for kicks and grins on the part of Parsons, I would love to see it

Parsons was a HS sprinter, he ran an 11.1 which isn't very fast but it is for a guy his size. He can run the distance.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You simply don't know enough about any of this to be trying to talk the sport. You ever been to a track meet. let me guess...nope!

Every event in the sport has it's WORLD RECORD the 100 yard dash is no different. Hell guy we ran the 220 the 440 each having a WORLD RECORD, the world ran 200m and 400m.

I showed you how TONS of foreign athletes compete for USA schools so all the world has the same opportunity to set World Records. What about this aren't you getting?
Apparently I know that only the USA and Great Britain ran 100 yards and you don't, so quit pretending you know all. Your words don't amount to anything if you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

In addition, World Athletics (formerly IAAF), which is the international governing body for track and field that has existed since 1912, and that the United States is a member of, does not recognize records in events measured in yards for the very reason that I stated - because it is not and has not been an international event that involved world competition. The only exception is the 1 mile run which was used at one point in international competition.

Of course, USA and/or British organizations can have something they call a "world record" at 100 yards, but my obvious point is 2 nations out of the entire world calling it a world record doesn't change the fact that it was never an event the rest of the world ran, and therefore it says nothing about how those runners stacked up against the world.

The fact that there have been a lot of foreign athletes that attended US colleges still doesn't mean the entire world competed in the event. It's ridiculous to suggest it does because clearly not every elite sprinter throughout history went to college in the United States, and the NCAA hasn't even used the 100 yard dash itself in 46 years.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Apparently I know that only the USA and Great Britain ran 100 yards and you don't, so quit pretending you know all. Your words don't amount to anything if you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

In addition, World Athletics (formerly IAAF), which is the international governing body for track and field that has existed since 1912, and that the United States is a member of, does not recognize records in events measured in yards for the very reason that I stated - because it is not and has not been an international event that involved world competition. The only exception is the 1 mile run which was used at one point in international competition.

Of course, USA and/or British organizations can have something they call a "world record" at 100 yards, but my obvious point is 2 nations out of the entire world calling it a world record doesn't change the fact that it was never an event the rest of the world ran, and therefore it says nothing about how those runners stacked up against the world.

The fact that there have been a lot of foreign athletes that attended US colleges still doesn't mean the entire world competed in the event. It's ridiculous to suggest it does because clearly not every elite sprinter throughout history went to college in the United States, and the NCAA hasn't even used the 100 yard dash itself in 46 years.

Look brother you are arguing semantics to a degree here. Whether other countries competed over the 100 yard distance is immaterial. The fact of the matter any sprinter who wanted that world record could have showed up at a meet where the distance was being competed and tried to claim it. And believe me plenty of runners traveled to different countries and venues to compete, which included the US. It used to be very common for this to happen but as the money in track and field has escalated in Europe and Japan and has sort of dried up in the states it doesn't happen much anymore. But there was a time when it was worthwhile for runners to come and compete in some of the bigger meets stateside. But the bottom line is that all that it takes for something to be a world record is for no other person on Earth to have done a thing better. There are plenty of things in the Guiness Book of World Records that have never been attempted in but a handful of countries.. They are still world records..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look brother you are arguing semantics to a degree here. Whether other countries competed over the 100 yard distance is immaterial. The fact of the matter any sprinter who wanted that world record could have showed up at a meet where the distance was being competed and tried to claim it. And believe me plenty of runners traveled to different countries and venues to compete, which included the US. It used to be very common for this to happen but as the money in track and field has escalated in Europe and Japan and has sort of dried up in the states it doesn't happen much anymore. But there was a time when it was worthwhile for runners to come and compete in some of the bigger meets stateside.
lol, no runners from all over the world couldn't just decide to show up to NCAA events or the Commonwealth games. International events under the guidance of the IAAF were open to world competitions, and ran in meters. NCAA events and Britsh/American events were not open to the world. In addition, it didn't make sense for international runners to focus on 100 yards anyway because it was not an Olympic event, or an international event.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
lol, no runners from all over the world couldn't just decide to show up to NCAA events or the Commonwealth games. International events under the guidance of the IAAF were open to world competitions, and ran in meters. NCAA events and Britsh/American events were not open to the world. In addition, it didn't make sense for international runners to focus on 100 yards anyway because it was not an Olympic event, or an international event.

Why are you arguing that international runners need to focus on the 100 yards? US sprinters didn't "focus" on 100 meters yet kept winning at that distance. And why do you assume that NCAA events and the Commonwealth Games were the only meets that happened in the US and GB? Are you really not familiar with open, invitational and sponsored meets? If you're not then you really should disqualify yourself from any discussion with regard to track and field.

RaZon

Reaction score

What about this don't you understand?

Men[edit]
Athlete Date Time Remarks Ref
F. C. Saportas 1870 10.5 Official world record
Horace H. Lee 1877 10.0 Equalled official world record [42]
W. C. Wilmer 1878 10.0 Equalled official world record
Lon Myers 1880 10.0 Equalled official world record
Arthur Wharton 1886 10.0 Equalled official world record
J. Owen, Jr. 1890 9.8 Official world record
Arthur Duffey 1902 9.6 Official world record (later expunged)
R.P. Williams 1906 9.0 5 separate time pieces [43]
Dan Kelly 1906 9.6 Official world record
Jack Donaldson Johannesburg, 1910 9.375 World record
Eric Liddell 1924 9.7 British record
Eddie Tolan 1929 9.5 Official world record
Frank Wykoff Chicago 7 June 1930 9.4 Official world record, without starting blocks
Jesse Owens 1933 9.4 Equalled world record, set US high school record
Mel Patton 1948 9.3 Official world record
James Jackson Alameda High School, Alameda, California, 1954 9.4 Equalled US high-school record
Ken Irvine 1961 9.3 Equalled professional 100-yard world record
Harry Jerome 1962 9.2 Record made Jerome the only athlete to own both the 100-yard and 100 meter world record simultaneously.
Frank Budd 1962 9.2 Official world record
Bob Hayes 1962 9.35
Charles Greene 1967 9.21
Bob Hayes 1964 9.1 Hand-timed
John Carlos 1969 9.1 Hand-timed, equalled Hayes's world record
Houston McTear 1975 Florida HS State Prelims, Winter Park, FL 9.0 Unofficial and hand-timed. In 1975 registered a time of 9.30 seconds.
Pharnell Raines 1971, Fort Myers, Florida 9.2 High school record, hand-timed
Ivory Crockett 1974 9.0 Hand-timed
Asafa Powell 27 May 2010 9.07+ (−0.5 m/s) Official World Best, en route to 100m

And the 100 yards was ran at the Commonwealth Games until 1970

How many times do we see "world record" mentioned up there?

Dude, only a 100% track know nothing doesn't get the world record for 100 yards,

Go to Track & Field News THE forum for track and field in all the world and post a thread....

9.0 is not the world record for the 100 yard dash and Bob Hayes never held a world record at 100 yards, watch what happens after all the laughter.

Check it out...

https://thecgf.com/results/games/3036/event/1458

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you arguing that international runners need to focus on the 100 yards? US sprinters didn't "focus" on 100 meters yet kept winning at that distance. And why do you assume that NCAA events and the Commonwealth Games were the only meets that happened in the US and GB? Are you really not familiar with open, invitational and sponsored meets? If you're not then you really should disqualify yourself from any discussion with regard to track and field.
You need to read more carefully. I specifically said there was no reason for international runners to focus on 100 yards.

As for events that maybe have been held in the USA or Great Britain that weren't NCAA or Commonwealth, if they were international events they would have been run in meters, not yards. The IAAF never sanctioned events run in yards (again, except at one time they used 1 mile)

One point of clarification - when I refer to Great Britain I am referring to The Commonwealth - so that includes nations under the umbrella of Great Britain.

RaZon

Reaction score
You need to read more carefully. I specifically said there was no reason for international runners to focus on 100 yards.

As for events that maybe have been held in the USA or Great Britain that weren't NCAA or Commonwealth, if they were international events they would have been run in meters, not yards. The IAAF never sanctioned events run in yards (again, except at one time they used 1 mile)

One point of clarification - when I refer to Great Britain I am referring to The Commonwealth - so that includes nations under the umbrella of Great Britain.

Nobody has ever trained for a 100 yards and 100m, dude....please.

Real obvious all this is something totally new to you and ya ya actually wish you'd never got into since you have no clue how any of this works at all.

We have always had a WORLD RECORD for the 100 yard dash. You look bad dude trying to play what ya are,

RaZon

Reaction score
Watch this....

I'm going to Google Lloyd LaBeach he was a sprinter from Panama who attended UCLA, won't get far before we are told about his WORLD RECORD 9,4 100 yards,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_LaBeach

Why you can't figure this out?

What is the World Record for 100 Yards?
The official FAT (fully automatic timing) World Record Best for 100 yards is 9.21 by Charlie Greene back in 1967 (photo, left). A hand time of 9.0 was set by Ivory Crockett in 1974.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody has ever trained for a 100 yards and 100m, dude....please.

Real obvious all this is something totally new to you and ya ya actually wish you'd never got into since you have no clue how any of this works at all.

We have always had a WORLD RECORD for the 100 yard dash. You look bad dude trying to play what ya are,
lol, you are the one who apparently has no idea the entire world except the USA and the British Commonwealth ran meters, and you claim it's new to me? lol And you still haven't acknowledged that despite being informed of that fact.

As for there being a world record, again, I didn't say the USA and Commonwealth didn't call it that, I said the world doesn't recognize it as such, nor does the governing body of International track and field, because it was not an event the world competed in.

But you have proven repeatedly you don't argue based on what people actually say. This all started over me saying smaller runners often can get a quicker start off the line that larger runners, and you launched into an argument as if I had said every smaller runner is always faster off the line than every larger runner, and that smaller runners cannot win longer races. You manufacture arguments that don't fit what the person you argue with said.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
When Micah was born, he came out feet first and round-house kicked the Dr. in the face because nobody delivers Micah but Micah.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really think we could use Parsons with his 4.3 speed on offense.

Maybe - would have to see how good his hands are. But we know he is a beast on defense, and has been a huge factor in transforming the defense, so it wouldn't make sense to switch him or even have him play both ways where it would be hard for him to stay fresh the whole game.

RaZon

Reaction score
lol, you are the one who apparently has no idea the entire world except the USA and the British Commonwealth ran meters, and you claim it's new to me? lol And you still haven't acknowledged that despite being informed of that fact.

As for there being a world record, again, I didn't say the USA and Commonwealth didn't call it that, I said the world doesn't recognize it as such, nor does the governing body of International track and field, because it was not an event the world competed in.

But you have proven repeatedly you don't argue based on what people actually say. This all started over me saying smaller runners often can get a quicker start off the line that larger runners, and you launched into an argument as if I had said every smaller runner is always faster off the line than every larger runner, and that smaller runners cannot win longer races. You manufacture arguments that don't fit what the person you argue with said.

Know how it all works my man, well aware of the IAAF. The...I...sands for INTERNATIONAL so all they care about is things done in that competition. A record that isn't INTERNATIONAL won't be listed. But that doesn't mean we don't have a world record, that the whole world can try to break.

What difference does smaller sprinters getting a quick start unless ya are running a 20? That has nothing to do with anything in sprinting.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Know how it all works my man, well aware of the IAAF. The...I...sands for INTERNATIONAL so all they care about is things done in that competition. A record that isn't INTERNATIONAL won't be listed. But that doesn't mean we don't have a world record, that the whole world can try to break.

What difference does smaller sprinters getting a quick start unless ya are running a 20? That has nothing to do with anything in sprinting.
How can the whole world try to break a record in an event the whole world doesn't run and they had no opportunity to compete in? lol you make no sense. You expect them to mark off 100 yards in a field and have their buddy time them with a stopwatch? Hell, 100 yards is almost never even run in the USA or the British Commonwealth anymore. NCAA gave it up in 1975 and the Commonwealth gave it up in 1970.

Of course IAAF only cares about world records in events where the world actually competes. The only worldwide point of comparison is events in meters because every country runs events in meters.