Twitter: Micah challenges Cooper and CeeDee to a race

plasticman

Reaction score
I would let Micah win. No way would I want to feel his breath on the back of my neck..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
And those 9.0's are hand timed records, and are distinguished from official world records, because hand timing is considered unreliable.

McTear's 9.0 was at a high school meet - nobody believes he was the fastest 100 yard man on the planet at the time, and he never proved it in a timed event. His best official 100 yard time was 9.3.

You should also look at the competition in those days. Almost all world class sprinters were diminutive, and of the few that were taller they were still very lightweight. Nobody was running against a 240+lb man.

But even aside from that, again, I didn't say smallish runners can't run and compete, I said fast starts are "typically" (didn't say always) an advantage for smaller runners, and I said that "may" (didn't say definitely) be a benefit to Parsons at 100 yards, so you aren't even arguing within the context of what I said anyway.

And those 9.0's are hand timed records, and are distinguished from official world records, because hand timing is considered unreliable.

McTear's 9.0 was at a high school meet - nobody believes he was the fastest 100 yard man on the planet at the time, and he never proved it in a timed event. His best official 100 yard time was 9.3.

You should also look at the competition in those days. Almost all world class sprinters were diminutive, and of the few that were taller they were still very lightweight. Nobody was running against a 240+lb man.

Late to the party but you're wrong about this one. I was actually in attendance the night McTear ran that 9.0. It was my junior year in high school and after hearing about McTear's exploits all season we all went out that night to see him do his thing. Dude was legit.. he ran

RaZon

Reaction score
My Houston McTear story....

He was now at Cerritos JC out here in Cali. the next event the 4x2 relay (Fresno) There was this world class sprinter in with JC guys and nobody in the crowd seemed to know it.

So at the final exchange there is Cerritos way back, then here he came, the crowd....WOOOOOOOO!!!! as he started passing everyone, with about to 10 to go he eases off with a yo hum look on his face, the PA announcer....Ladies and gentlemen....Houston McTear.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
All Time NFL QB 100m

lane

1.Kordell "Slash" Stewart
2.Colin Kaepernick
3.Marcus Mariota
4.Lamar Jackson
5.RGIII
6.Michael Vick
7.Ryan Tannehill
8.Kyler Murray

You left out Steve Young and Reggie Collier.. Collier ran sub 4.3 for the USFL Washington football team. Steve Young was sneaky fast. His speed is not much celebrated but there was time when he was a legit 4.3 guy too.

RaZon

Reaction score
You left out Steve Young and Reggie Collier.. Collier ran sub 4.3 for the USFL Washington football team. Steve Young was sneaky fast. His speed is not much celebrated but there was time when he was a legit 4.3 guy too.

So who do they replace?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are called World records and are still recognized as world records
Not by the world. International track & field has no such race. It is recognized by the USA & Great Britain because they are the only countries that ran the event..

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, you obviously don't get any of this so why even talk sprinting?
You obviously don't get it. The entire world ran meters except the USA and Great Britain. You cannot logically pretend 100 yard runners outran the rest of the world when they never competed against the rest of the world. They weren't competing against anyone except themselves.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You obviously don't get it. The entire world ran meters except the USA and Great Britain. You cannot logically pretend 100 yard runners outran the rest of the world when they never competed against the rest of the world. They weren't competing against anyone except themselves.

What are you arguing here? Do you believe that there was some sprinter in some other part of the world who could have beaten Bob Hayes over 100 yards when they couldn't beat him at 60 meters or 100 meters? I mean you do know he held the world record at all three distances right? No one has to pretend the 100 yard runners outran most of the world because we watched for ourselves. When the distances changed to meters the same guys who won at 100 yards won at 100 meters. For most of the 20th century the best sprinters in the world were from the US. That's not jingoism or nationalism.. that's a documented fact. Yes other countries were able to rear their heads every once in a while... but by and large the US dominated sprints overall. The Jamaicans have had a nice 15 year run here with Bolt and his crew so it will be interesting to see how things evolve going forward. Right now it looks like Coleman and Lyles are about to duke it out for the crown for a while. But you never know when the next phenom is coming or where he is coming from. I do know that none of them will be able to touch Knighton in the 200 so that event is about to be dominated for a decade by one guy.

buddieluver

Reaction score
If an NFL 100m today

lane

1.Anthony Schwartz Browns
2.Javelin Guidry Jets......won the Texas state title, family moves to Cali, he wins the Cali state title
3.Devin Duvernay Titans
4.Tyreek Hill Chiefs
5.Jonathan Taylor Colts
6.DK Metcalf Seahawks
7.Lamar Jackson Ravens
8.hmmmmm?

You forgot Donte Jackson Panthers ran 10.2 at LSU I would rank him 3rd

buddieluver

Reaction score
Late to the party but you're wrong about this one. I was actually in attendance the night McTear ran that 9.0. It was my junior year in high school and after hearing about McTear's exploits all season we all went out that night to see him do his thing. Dude was legit.. he ran

Matt Jones former Razorback ran QB ran a 4.3 at the combine at 6’6 240

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you arguing here? Do you believe that there was some sprinter in some other part of the world who could have beaten Bob Hayes over 100 yards when they couldn't beat him at 60 meters or 100 meters? I mean you do know he held the world record at all three distances right? No one has to pretend the 100 yard runners outran most of the world because we watched for ourselves. When the distances changed to meters the same guys who won at 100 yards won at 100 meters. For most of the 20th century the best sprinters in the world were from the US. That's not jingoism or nationalism.. that's a documented fact. Yes other countries were able to rear their heads every once in a while... but by and large the US dominated sprints overall. The Jamaicans have had a nice 15 year run here with Bolt and his crew so it will be interesting to see how things evolve going forward. Right now it looks like Coleman and Lyles are about to duke it out for the crown for a while. But you never know when the next phenom is coming or where he is coming from. I do know that none of them will be able to touch Knighton in the 200 so that event is about to be dominated for a decade by one guy.
Bob Hayes ran 100 meters in the Olympics. He was competing against the world.

In any case, how this all started is pretty convoluted anyway, and it wasn't about Hayes. The conversation somehow talked moved to talking about Parsons, Lamb, Cooper running a 40 vs 100, and I merely mentioned that Parson's chances might be better at 100 because the smaller guys (like CeeDee) sometimes get quicker jumps off the line that can be overcome with a longer race. That pretty benign comment apparently upset a poster here, and he started sidetracking about world records in 100 yards, which didn't actually dispute what I said anyway. I should never have let him lead me down that rabbit hole to begin with.

RaZon

Reaction score

You simply don't know enough about any of this to be trying to talk the sport. You ever been to a track meet. let me guess...nope!

Every event in the sport has it's WORLD RECORD the 100 yard dash is no different. Hell guy we ran the 220 the 440 each having a WORLD RECORD, the world ran 200m and 400m.

I showed you how TONS of foreign athletes compete for USA schools so all the world has the same opportunity to set World Records. What about this aren't you getting?

RaZon

Reaction score
Bob Hayes ran 100 meters in the Olympics. He was competing against the world.

In any case, how this all started is pretty convoluted anyway, and it wasn't about Hayes. The conversation somehow talked moved to talking about Parsons, Lamb, Cooper running a 40 vs 100, and I merely mentioned that Parson's chances might be better at 100 because the smaller guys (like CeeDee) sometimes get quicker jumps off the line that can be overcome with a longer race. That pretty benign comment apparently upset a poster here, and he started sidetracking about world records in 100 yards, which didn't actually dispute what I said anyway. I should never have let him lead me down that rabbit hole to begin with.

This guy for real, haha!!!!