Twitter: Micah Doing Micah Things

Bates

Reaction score
This is where I say...What the hell are the coaches teaching these offensive linemen? Having good foot speed is more important than stonewalling a pass rusher. Steele should never have his hands down by his waist. It slows down his foot speed. Yes, he can come up with a bunch of power and stonewall the DE, but he can't keep up with him. He should have his hands in tight around his chest. That would increase his foot speed and still allow him to give the DE a good wallop if needed.

We have the dumbest coaches. Hey Terence, get your hands away from your belly button and put them up near your nipples. How hard is that?

And anybody not believing me...try moving around with your hands near your belly button, then try repeating that action with your hands around your nipples. There's a big difference in foot speed just because of where you place your hands.

I’m not saying I don’t believe you, but how do you know what the coaches are teaching. Maybe Steele just screwed it up. Like provide something so I can cuss at the dumbest coaches too.

75boyz

Reaction score
If I could have one wish for Micah, (and of course all of us) it would be stay healthy because he looks like one of the main reasons to continue fandom for this team.

Really well said.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I’m not saying I don’t believe you, but how do you know what the coaches are teaching. Maybe Steele just screwed it up. Like provide something so I can cuss at the dumbest coaches too.
Because there's a little thing called muscle memory. It's when your body can do the same things over and over again without you even thinking about it. That's how karate fighters learn karate. They do the same thing over and over again until their bodies can make the movements without them thinking about what need to be done. Karate is a fighting technique. Techniques can be taught and memorized subconsciously.

If the coaches were teaching these guys to keep their hands up around their chest the players can practice that during the off-season. And due to the rules of muscle memory there should be no mistakes. Because it's been drilled into your subconscious to keep your hands up without thinking about it. Blocking techniques can be taught and memorized subconsciously just like karate.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Voch says he had 3 sacks in 2-minute drill.

Steele is getting worked, day after day, between Micah and D-Law. He'll come out of training camp either a much improved player or a basket case.

True. I certainly hope it's a case of him going up against pass rushers who other RTs are going to struggle against as well. We already know at least to some extent that that is true.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We were so lucky this guy fell to us last year. A redraft of 2021 would see him be top 3. A truly rare talent.
A top 5 of a 2021 redraft would probably be:

1 - Trevor Lawrence QB
2 - Micah Parsons LB
3- Jamar Chase WR
4 - Rashawn Slater OT
5 - Kyle Pitts TE

Maybe?

Lawrence would only go first overall in a redraft because of positional value… not because he played so well as a rookie. It wouldn’t surprise me that much if Parsons or Chase went first overall but I gave the edge to the QB.

Both Micah and Chase are incredible, generational type talents.

Bates

Reaction score
A top 5 of a 2021 redraft would probably be:

1 - Trevor Lawrence QB
2 - Micah Parsons LB
3- Jamar Chase WR
4 - Rashawn Slater OT
5 - Kyle Pitts TE

Maybe?

Lawrence would only go first overall in a redraft because of positional value… not because he played so well as a rookie. It wouldn’t surprise me that much if Parsons or Chase went first overall but I gave the edge to the QB.

Both Micah and Chase are incredible, generational type talents.

looks fine today due to you’re stated reasons, but as you’re alluding to it’s Micah and chase

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Steele was getting beat like a drum today.

He stonewalled Micah more times than Micah beat him. This was confirmed by people who were present at the practice. But it’s only sexy to talk about the times Micah won.

DanA

Reaction score
your casual fan will think Steele did a better job than Collins last year. What they fail to realize is that when Steele was playing they gave him help from the RB's and TE's. They didnt do that for Collins. I think we are in for a rude awakening if they dont help him on passing downs which will unfortunately hamper the offense.

From what I saw, casually speaking, offensive production was better weeks 1-8 or whatever it was when it was Steele. It took a significant turn for the worse when Collins was at RT.

That kind of tells me that, even if Collins is better, other factors were more important to making the offense click and that we can probably get it done with Steele given we finished as the no.1 offense by some metrics and even with a back half decline to the season.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He stonewalled Micah more times than Micah beat him. This was confirmed by people who were present at the practice. But it’s only sexy to talk about the times Micah won.

You will get no replies, does not fit narrative.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Oh yeah. That was Cooper.

I've tried to block out all memory of this offseason.
Yeah me too problem is when Jordan Davis and Fletcher Cox abuse our not ready for prime time. O line because we didn't handle it in free agency I will no longer be able to block it out.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol you can't just change it up. If we have 25 pass plays and Micah gets 3 sacks against that OT then that's considered getting beat, it always been like that. Micah was more than likely getting pressures too. You can't say oh well he only beat him 3 times out of 25 therefore Steele won, lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol you can't just change it up. If we have 25 pass plays and Micah gets 3 sacks against that OT then that's considered getting beat, it always been like that. Micah was more than likely getting pressures too. You can't say oh well he only beat him 3 times out of 25 therefore Steele won, lol

It's like bragging that a goalie had more saves than goals allowed.

We will be looking for a new RT in the offseason. Bank on it.