Twitter: Micah: I got 130 sacks to go to get to LT

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No way you can compare Parson rookie season to LT entire career. Some of us have compared Parson rookie season to that of LT rookie season. Aaron Donald in a radio interview gave big rave on Parson and said Parson being asked to do the things that even LT was not asked to do. LT was a dominate pass rusher, Parson is asked to cover and as well as bring pressure. Parson does not come on the rush every down as many of the sack leaders do yet his success rate in pressures and sacks is much greater. Again of course you can't compare a rookie to that of a career of one of the greats of all time

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He's a superstar on the Dallas Cowboys. He played a different position in college than he's playing now in the NFL. He's 22-year-old Micah Parsons.

The Cowboys rookie edge rusher demonstrated Thor-like power in the first half of Dallas' deliver-on-Mike-McCarthy's-guarantee win in the nation's capital over the Washington Football Team, a victory that appeared to be headed toward being a blowout but was ultimately a little too close for comfort for Cowboys fans.

Five pressures, two sacks, and a forced fumble on 17 pass-rush snaps for Parsons. Bananas.

The sack became an official stat in 1982, and though we don't have pressure stats dating back that long, what Parsons has done as a pass rusher this season is basically unprecedented.

You watch football. So you know Parsons has been pretty damn good this season. But I'm going to venture a guess you don't realize just how good he's been in a historical context. Here's how the rookie season for the Cowboys star compares to other instant-star rushers over the last decade.

Putting Cowboys defender Micah Parsons' rookie season into historical perspective - CBSSports.com

Doomsday101

Reaction score

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Micah‘s rookie year is every bit comparable to LT’s rookie year. The Giants hadn’t made the playoffs in 2 decades and he completely turned them around in his first year. Even though we have made the playoffs off and on over the past decade, Micah has a similar impact here and today.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yeah let's not compare him to LT

He is in a league of his own.

LT was not good in coverage. Micah can do everything.

LT could play zone very well.

But I love Micah's attitude.

So hungry but so humble at same time.

And Parsons has already outperformed LT when comparing rookie seasons.

It's not even close, Parsons is on another level.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Aaron Donald in a radio interview gave big rave on Parson and said Parson being asked to do the things that even LT was not asked to do. LT was a dominate pass rusher, Parson is asked to cover and as well as bring pressure. Parson does not come on the rush every down as many of the sack leaders do yet his success rate in pressures and sacks is much greater.

Much like Woody, Parson's position flex is a *huge* advantage for a defense. Gives them alignment flex w/o changing personnel. Yuge.

Parsons is gold. DE/MLB/Coverage. And a *top* DE at that. Deserving of Defensive MVP seems inevitable down the line, if not this year. He may not get it, as position flex is not valued as it should be, but he'll deserve it.

ultron

Reaction score
Micah has only blitzed on ~30% of plays, time to dial up the pressure because the goons are back! I wish Cox didn’t get hurt because he’s a ball hawk and this could be a great duo. LT & Banks perhaps?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I love this guy, and I'm looking forward to watching him put in that work he referenced in getting those 130 sacks, in a Cowboys uniform.
Hope he picks up another two or three this Sunday :flagwave: