Twitter: Micah: I got 130 sacks to go to get to LT

RS12

Reaction score
I like the fact that Micah knows his NFL history, who LT was and what kind of numbers he put up. It sounds like maybe he is using it to set goals and as a measuring stick.

khiladi

Reaction score
LT played around the line of scrimmage and in the flats but most of the time he came on the rush. You can claim AD never saw him, I did. I know how great LT was. As for Parson I am seeing things from him that are every bit as good as any defensive player to play this game. Granted this Parson rookie season and a rookie season is not a career but in comparing what Parsons is doing as a rookie it is just as good and better than most who have played this game.

Well yeah, because most teams weren’t playing multiple WR sets they are doing today. Micah would have to play just as much, if not more in a standard LB role as LT if he played in that era as well.

Whi is disputing Micah’s great season. We are talking about this asinine comparison to LT, that Micah is “more” than a pass rusher, while LT is not. LT had such an impact on the running game that guys like Buddy Ryan would double him the whole game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well yeah, because most teams weren’t playing multiple WR sets they are doing today. Micah would have to play just as much, if not more in a standard LB role as LT if he played in that era as well.

Whi is disputing Micah’s great season. We are talking about this asinine comparison to LT, that Micah is “more” than a pass rusher, while LT is not. LT had such an impact on the running game that guys like Buddy Ryan would double him the whole game.

I have compared rookie to rookie and have said I would never compare an entire career to that of a rookie season. I never said LT could not play run defense what I have said is that NY Giants team was loaded with talent that BP put together, guys who also made the HOF. Not sure we can say that about guys Parson is playing with. I think it is Parson play that has sparked this defense, take him out of the lineup I think this defense struggles.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Who's doing this interview?

Did Parsons' follow LT when he was in college? :huh:
How could Parsons follow LT when LT isn't playing (you can't follow a guy if he's not playing) and when Parsons wasn't even alive when LT was in college?

Jipper

Reaction score
hes going to get a ton of sacks of qbs and sacks of money becuase he plays with a lot of ..... heart!

MichaelValentino

Reaction score
I wish Cox didn’t get hurt because he’s a ball hawk and this could be a great duo. LT & Banks perhaps?

Or perhaps Wilbur Marshall and Otis Wilson of the ‘84-‘86 Bears. They wrecked havoc in the run game and pass rush. Marshall was explosive and the best athlete on that defense. I think the ‘85 Bears sent six starting QBs to the sidelines that year. Marshall had a lot to do with it. But your point is well taken: Carl Banks was a star in his own right, but still cast in the enormous shadow of Taylor.

Big_D

Reaction score
I like that he knows the exact number and what he needs to strive for. Too early for a comparison to a player like LT so we’ll see how they match up after year 5 or so.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
No way you can compare Parson rookie season to LT entire career. Some of us have compared Parson rookie season to that of LT rookie season. Aaron Donald in a radio interview gave big rave on Parson and said Parson being asked to do the things that even LT was not asked to do. LT was a dominate pass rusher, Parson is asked to cover and as well as bring pressure. Parson does not come on the rush every down as many of the sack leaders do yet his success rate in pressures and sacks is much greater. Again of course you can't compare a rookie to that of a career of one of the greats of all time

the way he bull rushed that lineman and tossed him due to the momentum was LT like.

GINeric

Reaction score
One could say...
Lawrence Taylor would not even have a career in today's NFL. He would have spent most of his time suspended.

Yeah, but could you imagine his sack record count in today's game??? Remember... LT's era was predicated on running the ball and QBs didn't drop back and pass the ball the way they do now. LT would crush the record nowadays in this pass happy NFL.

T-RO

Reaction score
What I don't want to see is him doing TV commercials, that seems to be the kiss of death. Stay away from that stuff.

Gotta give it to Mayfield however, he jumped on it before it became obvious he sucks.

Playing QB when you blatantly need surgery...can we say Mayfield sucks?

I'd say it's 50-50 he sucks. And 25% he could be really good in the right situation.

That said, I wouldn't want to spend 1 minute of my free time w/that guy. (Nor with 90% of pro athletes.)