Twitter: Micah: I got 130 sacks to go to get to LT

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like the answer though Parsons.....he didn't take the bait lol. He's too smart for this lol.

He knows how many sacks LT has....that tells you he studies right there. I knew he did when I saw him working with Ware. He's a student of the game.....those type of guys...when you have his talent they just always excel.

Ozone22

Reaction score
This young man gets it. Now if the talking heads would stop comparing young players to Hall of Fame athlete’s they would get it also.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I can't believe how lucky this team is to have Micah Parsons on it. He is a star that travels in rare air with the likes of the all-time greats. We are witnessing history every time he gets on the field. Appreciate what we have here because these types of players don't come around very often. My eyes are now wide open to the uniqueness of Parsons's football ability. I've eaten the crow and received forgiveness for not buying in early to drafting Parsons. I've never been happier about being wrong. :thumbup:

khiladi

Reaction score
I saw him LT was one of the greatest pass rusher, but that is what was asked pass rusher, he was not asked to cover WR\TE or RB down field. Parson does not get to rush the passer every down he is being asked to do more yet is still at 12.5 sacks on the season on the verge of breaking all time rookie record in sacks and breaking the all time record on tackles for losses. As I said I am not comparing an entire career to that of a rookie but in terms of rookie play from a defensive player Parson is blowing away all the greats who played in their rookie season. You bet I will sing the praise of Parsons because he damn well has earned it. In terms of future to act as if Parson could never elevate to even a high level I think is very short sighted, what no is allowed to be better than LT?

Nobody on the planet with any ounce of experience watching LT was just a pass rusher. The film above completely outs this asinine claim, let alone authorities in the game. The claim by AD that Micah is doing things LT was not even asked to do is ridiculous absurd and is suspect because couldn’t have even watched LT considering his age

Bill Bellichek said NOBODY was on the level of LT, not even Khalil Mack in his prime year in Chicago, when he was “doing everything”. You got Schlereth saying it got to the point they stopped running away from LT and started running directly at him. You had CC saying they basically doubled him EVERY play if the game.

Parsons is moved around a lot to prevent teams from scheming against him. 49% if his snaps come from DL. That’s why there is talk about moving him completely to DL to rush the passer.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nobody on the planet with any ounce of football knowledge thinks LT was just a pass rusher. The claim by AD that is what he known for is completel and utter garbage.

Parsons is moved around a lot to prevent teams from scheming against him. 49% if his snaps come from DL. That’s why there is talk about moving him completely to DL. They are talking about him as exclusively we a pass rusher.

LT seldom every dropped in coverage and when he did is was short drops, he was not tracking guys down field and fact is he predominantly was a pass rusher who came on the rush vast majority of the time, When you have HOF like Harry Carson sitting in the middle, LT was not asked to take over for Carson who was a stud in his own right. As for talk of moving Parson exclusively to DE that comes from fans not Quinn and fact is Quinn opinion is all that matters. LT was great no question that to act as if he is untouchable and can never be surpassed? BS Fact is that NY defense was stacked with very good talent and that freed up LT quite a bit

khiladi

Reaction score
LT seldom every dropped in coverage and when he did is was short drops, he was not tracking guys down field and fact is he predominantly was a pass rusher who came on the rush vast majority of the time, When you have HOF like Harry Carson sitting in the middle, LT was not asked to take over for Carson who was a stud in his own right. As for talk of moving Parson exclusively to DE that comes from fans not Quinn and fact is Quinn opinion is all that matters. LT was great no question that to act as if he is untouchable and can never be surpassed? BS Fact is that NY defense was stacked with very good talent and that freed up LT quite a bit

Parsons has close to 50% of his snaps from DE and DL, as a LB. your claim he’s asked to do a lot of things in respect to LT is completely bogus. The way Parsons is moved around on the line to take advantage of his ability to rush the passer by QUINN, not the fans is pretty evident.

And Bill Bellichek’s opinion is clearly all that matters in regards to LT…

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yeah but he wasn't on steroids or anything. He was on some hard *** drugs which m makes his career even more impressive lol.
Cocaine became illegal because it made people super strong and hard to kill. Cocaine is the best steroid of all. So his career was probably made more impressive by the cocaine. Take a bump before the game and get two sacks.
:muttley:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Parsons has close to 50% of his snaps from DE and DL, as a LB. your claim he’s asked to do a lot of things in respect to LT is completely bogus.

Parson is about to shatter the rookie sack number and the most tackles for loss by a rookie in the NFL. You want to act as if LT was untouchable be my guest.

Yes 50% of the time he is on the line meaning the other 50% he is not on the line and yet putting up numbers unseen by those who are pure pass rushers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cocaine became illegal because it made people super strong and hard to kill. Cocaine is the best steroid of all. So his career was probably made more impressive by the cocaine. Take a bump before the game and get two sacks.
I've actually read different lol...that it makes you weaker, slower and screws up your endurance....there's some benefits of using it for your mental but not for a whole game lol. Unless he was bumping a line every huddle lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
Parson is about to shatter the rookie sack number and the most tackles for loss by a rookie in the NFL. You want to act as if LT was untouchable be my guest.

Yes 50% of the time he is on the line meaning the other 50% he is not on the line and yet putting up numbers unseen by those who are pure pass rushers.

So you are basically confirming he’s a pass rusher, meaning you aren’t establishing ADs opinion as correct in his comparison to LT..

khiladi

Reaction score

Evetybody was snorting cocaine in that era, including the NBA. The 1983 Drug Act was implemented by the NBA specifically for this. They got articles from the 80s saying the numbers were anywhere from 40-75%.

The struggles of the Knicks in 82 was rumored to be exactly because of that, which also led to accusations of point shaving.

khiladi

Reaction score
And BTW, this argument that players don’t use PEDs in professionals sports is completely laughable and needs to die, especially when trying to discredit athletes like Lance Armstrong or LT. You would be hard-pressed to find even a SINGLE professional athlete not using PEDs.

The Whole Steeler’s curtain was ‘rumored’ to be using steroids.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So you are basically confirming he’s a pass rusher, meaning you aren’t establishing ADs opinion as correct in his comparison to LT..

He is a pass rusher but unlike others he has 75 tackles, 17 tackles for a losses as well as 12.5 sacks, I don't see anyone putting up those total numbers. I see Parson running down field with WR tipping the ball leading to an int and in all the years of watching LT he did not do that, he was not asked to do that, Parson is asked to do that. Parson pass rush attempts is 238 much lower than counter parts like Miles Garrett and TJ Watts and yet his success rate of putting pressure and getting to the QB is much higher

khiladi

Reaction score
He is a pass rusher but unlike others he has 75 tackles, 17 tackles for a losses as well as 12.5 sacks, I don't see anyone putting up those total numbers. I see Parson running down field with WR tipping the ball leading to an int and in all the years of watching LT he did not do that, he was not asked to do that, Parson is asked to do that. Parson pass rush attempts is 238 much lower than counter parts like Miles Garrett and TJ Watts and yet his success rate of putting pressure and getting to the QB is much higher

You clearly didn’t watch the clip of LT tipping passes or playing in coverage. But what Micah is doing as far as coverage for a LB is STANDARD for LBs. There are countless examples of LBs covering WRs down the seams in today’s era.

Fact are, what separates Micah from other LBs, is his ability to rush the passer, which is why there was talk of moving him completely to DE.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You clearly didn’t watch the clip of LT tipping passes or playing in coverage. But what Micah is doing as far as coverage for a LB is STANDARD for LBs. There are countless examples of LBs covering WRs down the seams in today’s era.

LT played around the line of scrimmage and in the flats but most of the time he came on the rush. You can claim AD never saw him, I did. I know how great LT was. As for Parson I am seeing things from him that are every bit as good as any defensive player to play this game. Granted this Parson rookie season and a rookie season is not a career but in comparing what Parsons is doing as a rookie it is just as good and better than most who have played this game.