Video: Micah: I love Philly, I'm pretty neutral on the rivalry

Jayinem

Reaction score
Maybe we can do a do-over with Cleveland and get back Amari and give them this bum.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Classy/smart answer. He never said Eagles, instead he said Philly. He's not going to use any hate towards any of Dallas's opponents, not his style/character. And he has to set an example for his young son.
He grew up in Pennsylvania. Not really surprised.
o_O
Pennsylvania is filled with Dallas Cowboys fans including Parsons. Look at all the posters in here with a Philly name next to their avatar.

That said, "Micah grew up a Cowboys fan & openly talked about wanting to start his NFL career where he ended his college career.

The linebacker was the defensive MVP of the 2019 Cotton Bowl inside AT&T Stadium in Dallas."

So you see, just because someone is from a certain State doesn't mean they cheer for that particular home team.
https://www.abc27.com/nfl/nfl-draft/micah-parsons/cowboys-lb-micah-parsons-sends-fans-gas-money/

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score

2:30 mark of the video. Micah shows his true colors. Talking about his love for Philly, being neutral on the rivalry and then when a reporter says well Philly fans are pretty feisty, Micah says well Cowboys fans are feisty too.

Then later at the 4:40 mark he talks about his good friendship with Eagles OT Lane Johnson.

This is a pretty disgusting interview overall and I know you're feeling the same way about it too.

No team loyalty. Just a rent-a-player.

Damone Clark would never do this.

:laugh:

exciter

Reaction score

2:30 mark of the video. Micah shows his true colors. Talking about his love for Philly, being neutral on the rivalry and then when a reporter says well Philly fans are pretty feisty, Micah says well Cowboys fans are feisty too.

Then later at the 4:40 mark he talks about his good friendship with Eagles OT Lane Johnson.

This is a pretty disgusting interview overall and I know you're feeling the same way about it too.

No team loyalty. Just a rent-a-player.

Damone Clark would never do this.

Lol, yeah, he should hit the field with a battle axe and mace leaving a swath of bodies. I think players and fans have a much different perspective on how rivalries should play out!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That's surprising. Most players never take the rivalry as serious as US fans do. But still surprising he admits it. Bet it changes after Sunday:laugh:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Gotta love Micah. He’s using reverse psychology. He has people sucked in. The lion will eat Sunday?

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Trade Parsons to the Eagles for all their 1st and 2nd round draft capital in the next 2-3 years and see if the Eagles will take it

mrmojo

Reaction score
Classy/smart answer. He never said Eagles, instead he said Philly. He's not going to use any hate towards any of Dallas's opponents, not his style/character. And he has to set an example for his young son.
o_O
Pennsylvania is filled with Dallas Cowboys fans including Parsons. Look at all the posters in here with a Philly name next to their avatar.

That said, "Micah grew up a Cowboys fan & openly talked about wanting to start his NFL career where he ended his college career.

The linebacker was the defensive MVP of the 2019 Cotton Bowl inside AT&T Stadium in Dallas."

So you see, just because someone is from a certain State doesn't mean they cheer for that particular home team.
https://www.abc27.com/nfl/nfl-draft/micah-parsons/cowboys-lb-micah-parsons-sends-fans-gas-money/
I'm surprised that their are still Cowboys fans that are Micah's age and aren't from the southwest region.....not a lot of Cowboy playoff success during that time as opposed to the Steelers and Eagles..

catiii

Reaction score
To you apathetic posters giving Micah a pass on this----------------------

"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our Cowboys while some wealthy player tells us that he's neutral about Philthy as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.

It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.

You've gotta say, "I'm a Cowboys fan! My team has value!"

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

"I'm as mad as hell,

and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

o_O
FatherlyBitterBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif

cowboyed

Reaction score
Not every player we drafted lived nearby and grew up to be a Cowboys fan. So Parsons is neutral about the Eagles rivalry. I appreciate him even more for not being a hate poser and playing things up for the fans and media. Has he gone up to McCarthy and asked to be benched for this upcoming Eagles game as he can't objectively compete because he is neutral about the Eagles rivalry?
Was he hesitant or temporarily held out getting drafted by the Cowboys because he only wanted to play for the Eagles? Get real. Ironically a good number of Eagles players hail from Texas as well as being on other teams.