Micah: It wasn't scheme, it was the players

blueblood70

Reaction score
And why no flag on the head to head contact on Lamb in the endzone. Neither defender was going after or looking at the ball. The defender was draped on him and the other made helmet to helmet contact. I am waiting for the flag while the 2 defenders are flexing.
it did look like targeting to me or defenseless receiver and or targeting but yeah... 1 of 7 major fouls not called..hmm conspiracy, nice narrative saints win by design LOL BTW parson held big time twice easy sacks =0 sacks when not called.. mazi tackled on one pay no call, FM on rico no call.. so much for the league protecting players player safety nonsense.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree with him. When you get dominated like that it can't just be the players. This was an organizational failure all around.
Risen, I have to agree with him on this. Scheme could’ve been VERY sound but, obviously, the execution was horrific. If the NT and DT’s are supposed to command double teams and/or reset the LOS in this scheme and DON’T (which I think even Stevie Wonder could’ve seen on Sunday), it creates a trickle down situation where LB’s ain’t running free to the ball. Then, obviously, the Edge guys were NOT containing the edge at all, leaving our CB’s that don’t necessarily like tackling having to clean up. This is DEFINITELY a player issue.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Then some guys need to be benched ........ simple as that ........ maybe that will motivate these man children ....... because losing sure doesn't.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Micah is a one trick pony. And Jerry will overspend for him.
And that one trick only shows up in bunches against lesser teams in big margin wins. Where the pressure is not on at all. He's a no show in every playoff game so far. 1 sack in 4 games but for whatever reason, the media and fans think he can do no wrong. I don't get it.

links18

Reaction score
Goodness gracious people are some whiny babies on here.

What else is he supposed to say? ”I hope we go 1-16!!”

Of course they give cookie cutter answer and responses
That wasn't a "cookie cutter response." He said his teammates don't want it as much as he does. He directly challenged their commitment, while holding himself above everyone else, then he tried to back out of it, when he realized what he had said. Face it, the guy is a loose nut when there is a microphone in his face.

glimmerman

Reaction score
it did look like targeting to me or defenseless receiver and or targeting but yeah... 1 of 7 major fouls not called..hmm conspiracy, nice narrative saints win by design LOL BTW parson held big time twice easy sacks =0 sacks when not called.. mazi tackled on one pay no call, FM on rico no call.. so much for the league protecting players player safety nonsense.
Yeah there was one obvious FM and another not long after that. And they show the replay on the big screen and the refs watch it. They could have easily threw the flag at that point if they really actually missed it. Was obvious..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he is calling out his teammates after only the second game....

and this defense is not going to get fixed against the run...the DTs suck. the discipline sucks. and teams have found the weak spot and are going to just go at it until we stop it....and if teams can run on you, it will set up play action and lots of deep balls....I can see this defense giving up 200 yards rushing at least in 3 games.

aikemirv

Reaction score

He is right - the safeties got beat by Shaheed- way too late in responding and they did not jam him. Diggs got beat badley on the in route and the screen pass was poor recognition and Kendricks took on the block instead of going after the RB. That was the ball game with those 3 plays! And no pressure all day long!

John813

Reaction score
Next year the circle will be complete and all the stud rookies we had for cheap will have new record deals.

Not that this FO would of taken advantage of it anyways, but going to be even harder to try to replace the trash with talent.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was just this off-season where Micah was mad at Hooker for calling him out, saying "we're locker mates, you could have just said it to me!" Yet Micah goes to the media and talks about his team, when he could have just went to the guys, had a team meeting, and got everything taken care of that way. Are you a fan of Micah doing this calling players out, he eventually added himself too obviously.

Is he becoming a leader, or just needs to play better football along with everyone??? Please give your thoughts

Portnoy1

Reaction score
they got outschemed like crazy.

can zimmer figure out a way to prevent other teams from doing the same thing?
The Scheme was not the issue. Zim
made adjustments that should have worked and still didn’t because they weren’t executed. That’s why he was looking like a ghost on the sideline because their was nothing he could do.

The TD to Shahid was a prime example. It was max protect and only a two man route essentially. Zim had that locked up. Man on the dig route with a defender underneath it, and two safeties on anything deep.

The safeties let 1 guy get behind them and that was it.

John813

Reaction score
It was directed to everyone on defense. Not like he blasted someone like Mazi directly.

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s our best player. He can call out anyone he likes as far as I’m concerned