Micah or Rashawn Now?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Listening to a podcast, one of the dudes said that if we had taken Slater over Parsons last year, we wouldn't be in the predicament that we are in now because Slater would slide right into Tyron's spot. This is true but I would still rather have Parsons because he is a generational talent. His point was that Slater can be your left tackle for the next 10-15 years while Parsons probably won't last anywhere near that long.
So, would you rather have Micah or Rashawn on this football team now?
I take Parsons - at this point he is a generational talent!

Proof

Reaction score
the chargers have a better qb and slater and didn’t make the playoffs …

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Listening to a podcast, one of the dudes said that if we had taken Slater over Parsons last year, we wouldn't be in the predicament that we are in now because Slater would slide right into Tyron's spot. This is true but I would still rather have Parsons because he is a generational talent. His point was that Slater can be your left tackle for the next 10-15 years while Parsons probably won't last anywhere near that long.
Its still Micah and its not close

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I would take a stud LT over lamb no doubt about it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Curious if this becomes the next Watt vs Smith debate on here.
Tbh, there wasnt a wrong awnser there. The guys thay got that wrong that year, are the guys that picked QB's.

I think Smith, Watt and a few other defenders from that draft (Cam Jordan) are a good example of the dangers of reaching for a QB early

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There wasnt one at that pick though

Dont remember.

The truth is that we need to move Martin over to LT for the rest of his career. He will be an all pro there. Now Tyler can stay at LG and they just slip connor Williams in at RG. Its going to be easier finding another guard than a LT.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's not a mistake.
he's a GOD-SEND.
only The LORD can make'm like #11.
:starspin:BE.THANKFUL.:starspin:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dont remember.

The truth is that we need to move Martin over to LT for the rest of his career. He will be an all pro there. Now Tyler can stay at LG and they just slip connor Williams in at RG. Its going to be easier finding another guard than a LT.
The next OT off the board was Austin Jackson, who went probably 15 picks early and has been mediocre to bad

HanD

Reaction score
Dont remember.

mcgovern but i don't disagree. zm is a pro bowler wherever you put him.

75boyz

Reaction score
Dont remember.

I would agree but Martin doesn't. He slid over to RT a couple years back and then got hurt following that switch shortly thereafter. I remember McCarthy saying how he didn't feel moving Zack was the best choice while thinking Martin needed to do what's best for the team.

I came away thinking Martin is not fond of playing any other position than RG because of getting injured before when he switched.

And that he didnt want to risk injuring himself knowing how the physical demands of playing tackle compared to guard are much different.

Like I said, I'm speculating but I just came away feeling Martin ain't big on moving to tackle.

John813

Reaction score
Tbh, there wasnt a wrong awnser there. The guys thay got that wrong that year, are the guys that picked QB's.

I think Smith, Watt and a few other defenders from that draft (Cam Jordan) are a good example of the dangers of reaching for a QB early

For sure. Just saying for a bit when Watt was dominating early there were tons of threads on here about we should of taken him over Smith.
Especially when the defense hit a low spot in the early 2010's.
But yea, either guy would of been great here, similar to how the Slater vs Parsons talk may go on for a bit.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For sure. Just saying for a bit when Watt was dominating early there were tons of threads on here about we should of taken him over Smith.
Especially when the defense hit a low spot in the early 2010's.
But yea, either guy would of been great here, similar to how the Slater vs Parsons talk may go on for a bit.
I remember it was loud in 2012 when Tyron shifted to LT for the first time since HS and struggled after a dominant rookie year at RT. It wasnt until 2014 when he was amongst the top 3 OT's with Williams and Whitworth that it quited down

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
So I guess this is the new/opposite version of Tyron vs. JJ Watt in 2011 :laugh:

exciter

Reaction score
Lol!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This is like Aaron Donald vs Zack Martin

Give me the higher impact defensive player over the lineman any day of the week