Micah Parsons 2019 Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP

Section446

Reaction score
Yea, that was an elite performance.

The potential with him is sky high. It's really up to him and competent coaching for him to be one of the best LB in the NFL in a short time
What is this "competent coaching" you speak of? I'm not familiar with it.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Not every player gets painted with the high expectations that he is receiving. It's a lot of pressure to measure up too. I remain skeptical and you can remain fooled. You will be disappointed and I will say I told you so. Jerry Jones is a snake oil salesman and this player is nothing but snake oil.

Just for clarification…you’re rooting against Micah Parsons, just to say “I told you so”?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just for clarification…you’re rooting against Micah Parsons, just to say “I told you so”?
I'm not rooting against Parsons but I don't believe he is the LB he is being hyped to be. When others finally realize this as well, why wouldn't I say, "I told you so".

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I love it when foolish comments are doubled down on. LOL

Noted. You will hear from me again saying I told you so. Prepare to eat crow.
LOL. Don’t be a ******. By the way, you’ll be the one having the nasty snack.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I have no doubt about the physical ability. My worry is the environment that he is coming into. The Dallas Cowboy culture is as follows:

1. Signing a big contract means you have made it.
2. Self promotion is more important than self preparation.
3. Going 100% at all times is unrealistic.
4. Blaming scheme for a lack of production is reasonable.
5. Better to play 100% of the snaps at 80% than to share snaps with others.
6. If you are faced with adversity than failure is to be accepted. Success only happens when everything works out perfectly.

I could go on but you get the gist. Unfortunately for parsons we not only need someone to come in and be great we need someone to come in and start holding everyone else accountable. It is an unfair position to be put in but it is the reality. It will take a Ray Lewis level of leadership to alter the course of the franchise.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm not rooting against Parsons but I don't believe he is the LB he is being hyped to be. When others finally realize this as well, why wouldn't I say, "I told you so".
You’re just another know-it-all that for some reason thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. It’s pretty much a consensus that Parsons is going to be a beast. As with most of your ilk, you’ll be made to look foolish in the end and I’LL be here to remind you of it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have no doubt about the physical ability. My worry is the environment that he is coming into. The Dallas Cowboy culture is as follows:

1. Signing a big contract means you have made it.
2. Self promotion is more important than self preparation.
3. Going 100% at all times is unrealistic.
4. Blaming scheme for a lack of production is reasonable.
5. Better to play 100% of the snaps at 80% than to share snaps with others.
6. If you are faced with adversity than failure is to be accepted. Success only happens when everything works out perfectly.

I could go on but you get the gist. Unfortunately for parsons we not only need someone to come in and be great we need someone to come in and start holding everyone else accountable. It is an unfair position to be put in but it is the reality. It will take a Ray Lewis level of leadership to alter the course of the franchise.
Those are wise words that I hope everyone accepts.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You’re just another know-it-all that for some reason thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. It’s pretty much a consensus that Parsons is going to be a beast. As with most of your ilk, you’ll be made to look foolish in the end and I’LL be here to remind you of it.
I do know more because the "consensus" is wrong... again.

This is just history repeating itself. When everyone was in love with Jaylon and I remained skeptical. Look how that turned out.

mperfection

Reaction score
In this game, he looked like a pro-ready player playing amongst a bunch of amateurs. It won't be that way once he is facing pros. Also, this was the last game he played. How rusty is he going to be? How far of a setback was opting out of his 2020 season? I don't like highlight reels because they tend to set up unrealistic expectations and I especially don't like this highlight reel. He is used to being a man amongst boys but when he gets in the NFL he will be a man amongst men and will most likely fade in the mix. I'm not sold on this kid.
I wish someone would sticky this post, as it should be prominently displayed each and every season as Parsons becomes a perennial probowler!

mperfection

Reaction score
Not every player gets painted with the high expectations that he is receiving. It's a lot of pressure to measure up too. I remain skeptical and you can remain fooled. You will be disappointed and I will say I told you so. Jerry Jones is a snake oil salesman and this player is nothing but snake oil.
If Parsons makes all-pro 2 out of his first 3 seasons, en route to 2 pro bowls, would you promise to NEVER post on this forum again? I think you should man up and accept this challenge because you are so convinced that he will be a huuuugee bust.

JBS

Reaction score
I do know more because the "consensus" is wrong... again.

This is just history repeating itself. When everyone was in love with Jaylon and I remained skeptical. Look how that turned out.

What exactly is your reasoning for why Parsons won't succeed? So far all that I've seen you say is he was too good in college (man amongst boys) and there is too much hype. Neither of which have anything to do w whether he will succeed or not. Do you have an actual point on why he won't succeed?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Parsons makes all-pro 2 out of his first 3 seasons, en route to 2 pro bowls, would you promise to NEVER post on this forum again? I think you should man up and accept this challenge because you are so convinced that he will be a huuuugee bust.
If If If, listen to yourself. LOL

If I'm wrong about Parsons I'll be so happy and I'll eat crow but I'm not going anywhere.

ghst187

Reaction score
If the DL can keep him clean....he might make a play or two ha