Micah Parsons 2019 Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What exactly is your reasoning for why Parsons won't succeed? So far all that I've seen you say is he was too good in college (man amongst boys) and there is too much hype. Neither of which have anything to do w whether he will succeed or not. Do you have an actual point on why he won't succeed?
I never said he won't succeed. He will be part of a good team. They should have success. He just won't stick out the way he did in that cotton bowl highlight reel.

JBS

Reaction score
I never said he won't succeed. He will be part of a good team. They should have success. He just won't stick out the way he did in that cotton bowl highlight reel.

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying. You are saying Parsons isn't going to be the best linebacker to ever play in the nfl? I mean, seriously, that is the level he would be on if he's playing like that consistently in the nfl. Is that really what your argument is?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you are saying. You are saying Parsons isn't going to be the best linebacker to ever play in the nfl? I mean, seriously, that is the level he would be on if he's playing like that consistently in the nfl. Is that really what your argument is?
He won't be the best LB on the team his rookie year. He may grow into it with coaching. He will be good, not great. Expectations shouldn't be so high.

JBS

Reaction score
He won't be the best LB on the team his rookie year. He may grow into it with coaching. He will be good, not great. Expectations shouldn't be so high.

Good not great as a rookie or ever ?

JBS

Reaction score
Why are you so desperately looking for an argument? He has the potential to be great someday.

How am I looking for an argument? I'm trying to understand your position. No matter what position you have, noting is decided today. What is there to argue about?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How am I looking for an argument? I'm trying to understand your position. No matter what position you have, noting is decided today. What is there to argue about?
So bring the argument and stop interrogating me.

JBS

Reaction score
So bring the argument and stop interrogating me.

What are you talking about. You are running around here pumping your chest about who knows what. I still have no idea bc you folded like a cheap lawn chair when I pressed you. Going around telling people I will be the one saying "I told you so"...

but when I ask you to clarify your position, so it's clear when you are wrong, so I can come back and tell you, you were wrong, you run and hide like a chump..you want to play both sides, can't have it that way..I didn't expect anything else from you to be honest

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What are you talking about. You are running around here pumping your chest about who knows what. I still have no idea bc you folded like a cheap lawn chair when I pressed you. Going around telling people I will be the one saying "I told you so"...

but when I ask you to clarify your position, so it's clear when you are wrong, so I can come back and tell you, you were wrong, you run and hide like a chump..you want to play both sides, can't have it that way..I didn't expect anything else from you to be honest
LOL, I knew you had an agenda, you are so transparent. I never folded on anything. Parsons is overhyped.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
What exactly is your reasoning for why Parsons won't succeed? So far all that I've seen you say is he was too good in college (man amongst boys) and there is too much hype. Neither of which have anything to do w whether he will succeed or not. Do you have an actual point on why he won't succeed?
The only point he has is the top of his head.

Aven8

Reaction score
This is the game I’ve been spewing about in the DraftZone for months. It’s what sold me on him. Haven’t seen a D player take over a game like this since Roy Williams OU days. The Announcers had to get tired of saying Parsons over and over!

Kid is a flat out stud

The Realist

Reaction score
Dumb luck, but I’ll take it. We got the best defensive player in the draft at 10 because Surtain and Horn we’re gone.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
In this game, he looked like a pro-ready player playing amongst a bunch of amateurs. It won't be that way once he is facing pros. Also, this was the last game he played. How rusty is he going to be? How far of a setback was opting out of his 2020 season? I don't like highlight reels because they tend to set up unrealistic expectations and I especially don't like this highlight reel. He is used to being a man amongst boys but when he gets in the NFL he will be a man amongst men and will most likely fade in the mix. I'm not sold on this kid.

Move over Captain Obvious, Joe King’s in town...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'm not rooting against Parsons but I don't believe he is the LB he is being hyped to be. When others finally realize this as well, why wouldn't I say, "I told you so".
Im with you.....unless he is used as an edge guy as well. Just as a mlb, I dont know. He needs to play with a little more intensity