Micah Parsons has Been Misused

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Get another DE and DT, should help the Line, now get a couple of LB and move Parsons back to LB and that would shore up the upfront D.

kskboys

Reaction score
Micah Parsons could have been a generational LB instead of a member of a small group of elite DE's.

With Parsons speed, combined with a wider space to operate, Parsons would have been a sure tackler with the capability of getting to either edge of the field.in record time. He would have required some experience to truly reach his potential, but it would have been well worth it.

Instead, Parsons played out of position for someone that is 6'3, 245LBS. For three years he was double teamed often, mauled by a pair of 300 pounders, guys who were 60-100 pounds heavier than himself.

It took its toll. Parsons wore down towards the end of each of his three seasons. By December, there was nothing elite about his level of performance. In that part of the schedule when the big games are played that determine playoff participation and division titles, the Cowboys best player had little left to give.

Want proof?

Here is Micah Parsons average production per game during the first three months of his three combined regular seasons:

Sacks: .96
Combined tackles: 4.68
TFL: 1.18
QB Hits: 2.03
Forced fumbles: .18

Here are the results per game for December and beyond:

Sacks: .50
Combines tackles: 3.38
TFL: .69
QB Hits: 1.25
Forced fumbles: .06

In a combined four playoff games, Micah Parsons has a total of 1 sack.

Nobody is saying that Parsons couldn't rush the passer as a LB, but, as a LB, he should have been the team's leading tackler by far.

This cannot be corrected. It's too late to put him in as a permanent LB and learn the NFL level skillset that HOF LB's possess.

Furthermore, it is very possible that Parsons could begin sliding as soon as next season. Getting beat up every game can do that to a player, just ask Ezekiel Elliott. I'm not predicting it, I am just saying that the possibility increases due to the way he has been used. What we do know, according to his numbers is that he slides every season around the beginning of December when great players are supposed to play great.

It's a tragedy, really. He could have been the next Lawrence Taylor. Instead, it's most likely he will end up the next Jay Ratliff.
Many of us thought it was obvious from the start.

kskboys

Reaction score
.....like the money is coming out their pockets. The billionaire never loses money, but we want the millionaire to take price cuts and discounts. NFL, the most physical major sport with lingering effects once a career is over, yet the other major sports hand money out like Trick-or-treat candy.
You need to do a deep study of the salary cap and how it affects success. No one cares about his personal finances, you are reading this one completely wrong.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like the use of stats and all but you seem to be forgetting one thing.
Parsons is strong at the beginning of a season and then literally is a no show after the midpoint.
Except for his mouth which works overtime…
The so called “lion” becomes a house cat after the mid point of the season or when playing good teams.
Is he good player, yes is he elite and deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as LT. no he is not, not even close.

Just when you need your best players to show up.. he is repeatedly a no-show, sure blame the DC and defense.

Remember this… great players show up when they are needed.
He does not… over and over…
Forgetting? His entire post was about just that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m sure he doesn’t. The pay is much less. But there is no doubt he gets worn down late in the season. The numbers are dramatic
First 11 ganes 2022 12.0 sacks
Last 6 games 1.5 sacks
First 11 games this year 11.5 sacks
Last 6 2.5 sacks
it’s not all just his size because he’s not really much smaller than Watt but watt plays coverage a lot
i don't believe it's his size either it's more the defense....that on DQ IMHO.. but the OP is way off base... you see guys like TJ watt and bosa hurt all the time. Its part of the NFL. the MO hate thread lol another in a long line of overreactions from the heartbreaking loss.. march cant get here soon enough.

i seen this year the drop off is more of the holding that they're allowed to do now apparently keeping his stats down and frankly that wearing him down all these armbars, grabs and doubles will take the starch out of player the last 6-7 games of a 17 game seaosn. . fighting through a block is much different than fighting through grabs and holds. by the way his pressures seem to be the same all year long that why i say it sems to be the holding and what not that kept the sack totals down. hes still effecting the game by making teams find him and use 2 and 3 payers who seem to have to hold to keep him from a sack.

i would love to see improvement but this dude has started off his first 3 seasons with his sack totals rivaling some of the best maybe a few more pounds and more holding calls backs off the cheating he can be better down the stretch...

by the way i remember this stuff being said about Dware literally said he disappeared in big games. heard it many times.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Remember 3 years ago Dallas needed a MLB after watching Devin Bush ball out in Tampa's SB win. Dallas responded by drafting Micah Parsons then swiftly moved him to DE forgetting about the LB spot.

Fast forward to now, we see the Ravens n 49ers have game changing LBs, and what do the Cowboys need? A MLB.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
Thinking back, I seem to remember Parcells saying that tweeners playing end full time and getting mauled by larger offensive tackles on every down was not good for their longevity. Want to say that he was referring to Ware at that point.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He just isn't a "killer" like LT or Ray Lewis or Charles Haley or even Fred Warner.

I'm sure he does get worn down some towards end of year...but so does everyone else, including guys that block him.

The only problem is, once he gets a bit tired, he doesn't have that mental tenacity to carry him through.

If he could get this same money playing video games and doing podcasts he would. LT would grab a XBox and eat it and poo it out if u tried to get him to play a game. He just wanted to destroy people.

kskboys

Reaction score
He just isn't a "killer" like LT or Ray Lewis or Charles Haley or even Fred Warner.

I'm sure he does get worn down some towards end of year...but so does everyone else, including guys that block him.

The only problem is, once hengets a bit tired, he doesn't have that mental tenacity to carry him through.

If he could get this same money playing video games and doing podcasts he would. LT would grab a XBox and eat it and poo it out if u tried to get him to play a game. He just wanted to destroy people.
He might be, but there's no way to deduce that when he's playing out of position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thinking back, I seem to remember Parcells saying that tweeners playing end full time and getting mauled by larger offensive tackles on every down was not good for their longevity. Want to say that he was referring to Ware at that point.
this whole size thing doesn't have a lot of validity. ware, watt and parsons all around the same size...add in bosa and the fact they are all hurt quite often many out for season type injuries MP has yet to suffer.. id say yet more overreactions to add to about 150 disgruntled posts so far in the new post area.. nice the whine fest continues.. no one is safe
no
no one is safe one is safe

the mighty know-it-all fans have spoken...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He has awful instincts at linebacker.

The sooner some of you accept that reality the quicker we can move on.

Pass rushing is far more important and he’s as gifted as anyone that’s ever played the game.

No coach would put him at linebacker and waste his talent when teams entire pass game is hugely impacted based on Micah Parsons ability to get to the QB.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
this whole size thing doesn't have a lot of validity. ware, watt and parsons all around the same size...add in bosa and the fact they are all hurt quite often many out for season type injuries MP has yet to suffer.. id say yet more overreactions to add to about 150 disgruntled posts so far in the new post area.. nice the whine fest continues.. no one is safe
no
no one is safe one is safe

the mighty know-it-all fans have spoken...
I would think that Parcells observations trump anything that we can come up with

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Reading through this thread it’s sad how clueless some of you are about Parsons and his impact.

Some of you need to stop being stat nerds and learn actual football.

schweigster

Reaction score
I’m sure he doesn’t. The pay is much less. But there is no doubt he gets worn down late in the season. The numbers are dramatic
First 11 ganes 2022 12.0 sacks
Last 6 games 1.5 sacks
First 11 games this year 11.5 sacks
Last 6 2.5 sacks
it’s not all just his size because he’s not really much smaller than Watt but watt plays coverage a lot
This is a great point. Parsons - 6'3", 245lbs. Watt - 6'4", 252lbs. Parsons is not too small to play edge.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The only problem is, once he gets a bit tired, he doesn't have that mental tenacity to carry him through.

Teams are throwing an arsenal at him to get him blocked.

Instead of blaming Parsons you might want to look at the other guys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is a great point. Parsons - 6'3", 245lbs. Watt - 6'4", 252lbs. Parsons is not too small to play edge.
Most of this forum thinks football is played like it’s 1992.

Then when they draft a player like Mazi Smith they complain lol.

Of course that was a bad pick. If he was good it’s still a bad pick.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would think that Parcells observations trump anything that we can come up with
everything trumps anything fans come up with , you think our coaching staff doesn't understand this?? i agree we need dan Quinn gone and the new scheme to better suit or players plus some new players ie a true big MLB but these dudes been coaching 25-35 years have rings etc..