Twitter: Micah Parsons in Full uniform

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly. Wearing the star during photo shoots or not was never part of the tradition.

Apparently people are now allowed to just change up what actually happens and call that “tradition” now.

Yeah, and, we have a lot of great traditions, this isn't really one of them to begin with, and it was a photoshoot. Who cares when it was released? It's a photoshoot! Frankly, I couldn't care less if he wore it during practice. It's not like that "tradition" has helped us.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ahhh yes. The cowboys team and media do full photo shoots now so they can……. *checks notes*. ……….. not release the photos to the public.

that makes sense.

Haven't you heard that's a tradition that dates back to last week? We mustn't ruin that tradition. *shudders the thought*

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, and, we have a lot of great traditions, this isn't really one of them to begin with, and it was a photoshoot. Who cares when it was released? It's a photoshoot! Frankly, I couldn't care less if he wore it during practice. It's not like that "tradition" has helped us.
There it is right there. You either agree with the tradition or you don't. Those of you that don't care about it are just disrespectful how you go about it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There it is right there. You either agree with the tradition or you don't. Those of you that don't care about it are just disrespectful how you go about it.

Look, there are traditions we have that I like. Like the Landry Shift. That's a good tradition. Star on the helmet of rookies in photoshoots, I couldn't care less. Btw, I was more joking with the post underneath that. With that said, if we want to honor the tradition in practice, fine. But a photoshoot? He could wear a Cowboys onesie for all I care. If that's disrespectful, so be it, but I don't think it is.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Look, there are traditions we have that I like. Like the Landry Shift. That's a good tradition. Star on the helmet of rookies in photoshoots, I couldn't care less. Btw, I was more joking with the post underneath that. With that said, if we want to honor the tradition in practice, fine. But a photoshoot? He could wear a Cowboys onesie for all I care. If that's disrespectful, so be it, but I don't think it is.
It's not about the damn photoshoot. Stop conflating that point. It's the fact the PR department is so careless that the photos get leaked before it is time for them to be released. Of course you don't think it is disrespectful, you don't seem to have the ability to see things from any perspective but your own.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's not about the damn photoshoot. Stop conflating that point. It's the fact the PR department is so careless that the photos get leaked before it is time for them to be released. Of course you don't think it is disrespectful, you don't seem to have the ability to see things from any perspective but your own.

If the photo was leaked prematurely, then that certainly is an issue. Though, it'd be obviously done before training camp anyway, so not a big deal imo. And I can see things from other people's perspectives. I've shown that quite a lot here. However, in this situation, I just do not care about if a player wears a star while a rookie. Especially when the player is a first round pick. I liked what someone else said actually. I wouldn't mind making players on the bubble earn the star. If you're a 4th round pick or later or are a free agent, then you should earn the star. If you're a 1-3 round pick, you're making the team unless you either, God-forbid, pass away or do something incredibly stupid like get sent to prison. I can kinda see where Parcells was coming from, but I do not see why a first round pick and someone who is likely to start shouldn't be wearing a star. Imo, he's earned the star by being good enough to be a 1st round pick.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Hard to believe what's been said in this thread is even real.
7 pages of garbage.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

You’re a lonely old sap aren’t ya?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
ahhh yes. The real new cowboys tradition of never getting past the divisional round.

Come to think of it, that does seem to have become kind of a tradition, unfortunately. :laugh:
Hopefully Parsons will help us smash THAT worthless tradition as well.

Last edited: