Twitter: Micah Parsons in Full uniform

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not only that, but, as has been stated, we've won a whopping 3 games since that policy came into effect. I like the tradition when the rookies are practicing and/or are in training camp. But, for a photoshoot, who cares if they wear the star? Additionally, let's put the policy into perspective. Are we really arguing about a tradition that has only netted us 3 playoff win? What, so we'd have lost every playoff game since that rule came into existence? Give me a break lol.
One of those 3 wins was under Wade Phillips and he didn’t make rookies earn the star. Bill Parcels started it but, if it is now a “tradition” then it’s really Garrett the one who turned it into a tradition since he used it for a decade. I really don’t have fond memories of that decade.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe whining about a player wearing the official uniforms during a photo shoot, is as dumb as it gets. Especially when it doesn’t even violate the tradition you’re pretending to defend.
Not just any player, a rookie that has not earned the star yet. You are just clueless because you don't understand this.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I’m not the one obsessed. You’re the one crying about it the fact that a photo shoot was done and “leaked prematurely”. Which in and of itself is dumb, btw. I’m also not saying it’s either or.
I’m just stating I honestly don’t really care about the “earn the star” tradition because there is zero correlation between the tradition and actually winning football games.

Same here, who cares, one person? And if it wasn't Parsons, he might not care so much either

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Not just any player, a rookie that has not earned the star yet. You are just clueless because you don't understand this.
Why? Because Parsmells says so? Well he sucked while he was here! And is gone.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I know Im gettin old, cause it is gonna take me forever to get used to a LB wearing #11 in the NFL, bad enough in College but at least thats always been that way.

Hoods

Reaction score
This tradition was just for training camp. You don’t seriously think rookies can’t wear it for mandatory photo shoots, do you? Lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
One of those 3 wins was under Wade Phillips and he didn’t make rookies earn the star. Bill Parcels started it but, if it is now a “tradition” then it’s really Garrett the one who turned it into a tradition since he used it for a decade. I really don’t have fond memories of that decade.

Oh, I didn't know that about Wade Phillips. So, make that two whole playoff wins with that "tradition" lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This tradition was just for training camp. You don’t seriously think rookies can’t wear it for mandatory photo shoots, do you? Lol
Of course not! But the photo was not supposed to be released yet. That's my complaint.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Piss off Parsons' hater.
You think he put that star on his helmet?
The team did so shove it

Good point, Parsons didn't put it on there so Parsons can't take it off.
What did last years players do to earn their stars? If last year's 6-10 losers are wearing stars, there's no reasonable argument about our highly acclaimed 1st round LB wearing a star. He's a Cowboy, he's on the payroll, 1st round draft pick, I have no problems with him wearing a star. :flagwave:

Last edited:

Batman1980

Reaction score
Countdown until he holds out starts now. Everyone in the NFL knows how big of a pushover Jerry is in contract negotiations.

DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK

That's not how you spell Zeke, he hasn't earned that number 21, either.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I used to think his MO wasn't real either and then other posts made me realize it might actually be. My visions immediately jumped to Hank Hill saying, "That boy ain't right."

Lol yeah I’m honestly very surprised it’s not just a schtick. I thought it was and found it humorous. But if it’s not….

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not only that, but, as has been stated, we've won a whopping 3 games since that policy came into effect. I like the tradition when the rookies are practicing and/or are in training camp. But, for a photoshoot, who cares if they wear the star? Additionally, let's put the policy into perspective. Are we really arguing about a tradition that has only netted us 3 playoff win? What, so we'd have lost every playoff game since that rule came into existence? Give me a break lol.

Exactly. Wearing the star during photo shoots or not was never part of the tradition.

Apparently people are now allowed to just change up what actually happens and call that “tradition” now.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You @Aviano90 and @DakPresgoat all are wrong lol. We have 3 playoff wins in that time (2 from Romo and 1 from Dak)
While there have been 3 playoff wins during that time frame, 1 of them was with Wade Phillips who didn’t make the rookies earn the star. It wasn’t a “tradition” just a Parcels rule. Garrett then brought it back.