Twitter: Micah Parsons in Full uniform

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m more worried about finding players that actually win games that count. Not ones who just earn the star in practice.

call me crazy.

Also, this photo shoot doesn’t break with tradition anyway. Parsons still doesn’t have the star during practice.

This is a photo shoot in full team uniforms. Which includes the star.

this doesn’t even break the tradition.
We can do both, find players that win while having the rookies "earn the star". It's not an "either-or" proposition. You suggesting otherwise is crazy.

What is your obsession with this media day photoshoot? No one has ever said there is anything abnormal about it, in and of itself. It's only when the photo is leaked prematurely on social media that anything abnormal occurs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We can do both, find players that win while having the rookies "earn the star". It's not an "either-or" proposition. You suggesting otherwise is crazy.

What is your obsession with this media day photoshoot? No one has ever said there is anything abnormal about it, in and of itself. It's only when the photo is leaked prematurely on social media that anything abnormal occurs.

I’m not the one obsessed. You’re the one crying about it the fact that a photo shoot was done and “leaked prematurely”. Which in and of itself is dumb, btw.

I’m also not saying it’s either or. I’m just stating I honestly don’t really care about the “earn the star” tradition because there is zero correlation between the tradition and actually winning football games.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m not the one obsessed. You’re the one crying about it the fact that a photo shoot was done and “leaked prematurely”. Which in and of itself is dumb, btw.

I’m also not saying it’s either or. I’m just stating I honestly don’t really care about the “earn the star” tradition because there is zero correlation between the tradition and actually winning football games.

Not only that, but, as has been stated, we've won a whopping 3 games since that policy came into effect. I like the tradition when the rookies are practicing and/or are in training camp. But, for a photoshoot, who cares if they wear the star? Additionally, let's put the policy into perspective. Are we really arguing about a tradition that has only netted us 3 playoff win? What, so we'd have lost every playoff game since that rule came into existence? Give me a break lol.

Big_D

Reaction score

its sounds good in theory and at the time I like what Parcells was doing, but these rookies are making the team. Earn the star might work for your undrafted players, but the draft picks will be on the roster barring injury. And that first round pick will be a starter. Earning the star was a parcells mind game. Cause ultimately it doesn’t mean much.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I'm standing up for a tradition but because you don't care about the tradition you call it dumb. Maybe not caring about a tradition is dumb.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
its sounds good in theory and at the time I like what Parcells was doing, but these rookies are making the team. Earn the star might work for your undrafted players, but the draft picks will be on the roster barring injury. And that first round pick will be a starter. Earning the star was a parcells mind game. Cause ultimately it doesn’t mean much.
Making the team, no doubt. The pic should not be released early.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm standing up for a tradition but because you don't care about the tradition you call it dumb. Maybe not caring about a tradition is dumb.

Maybe whining about a player wearing the official uniforms during a photo shoot, is as dumb as it gets. Especially when it doesn’t even violate the tradition you’re pretending to defend.