Micah Parsons

cnuball21

Reaction score
Who you got in mind? What you think of the Michigan defensive end, Paye.

Maybe I'm being hard on him...I know some teams value traits more than others.

If he tests out like he's supposed to he's someone I'd be open to but he's going to have to be a SPARQ freak for me to get on board.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Obviously, Parsons is the neurosurgeon in that analogy. Parsons is a supremely talented football player. He can do things 99% of NFL players simply cannot. That’s how special he is. He’s bigger, stronger, & faster than just about anyone else. And his ability to run & chase is almost as impressive as his ability to rush the passer.
200w.gif

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
He's one of my top targets for sure. I'm early on but my initial thoughts are he's the only blue chip defender in the draft.

You called it, and I dogged it!!
For that I want to say you are right. Dude is going to be a game changer for this defense.
Well done

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is what people aren’t getting. They think all his problems stem from his injury. The issues I see with him go beyond the injury. I don’t think he’s dumb, but I do question his football instincts and general approach to playing.

He is soft. He is scared of taking on blockers.

sometimes as an LB. you have to get in there head first and blow up the play by taking on blockers with some violence.

Jaylon refuses to do that. It’s clear as day on the tape.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

sometimes as an LB. you have to get in there head first and blow up the play by taking on blockers with some violence.

Yep. Said the same thing; sometimes you have to disrupt the lane by blowing up the blocker. There’s no resistance on his end. He gets taken out of plays like a tutorial video for offensive line play.

kskboys

Reaction score

It's not fear. Due to physical limitations stemming from the injury, he's unable to shed blocks.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being hard on him...I know some teams value traits more than others.

If he tests out like he's supposed to he's someone I'd be open to but he's going to have to be a SPARQ freak for me to get on board.
Paye reminds me of Clelin Ferrell, that dude OAK overdrafted in 19. Good hard working player type that you take in the mid rounds.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Don't know if he refuses to do it or just can't figure out how to do it. From his pre-injury draft profile:

"Too passive in his approach preferring to wait on plays rather than racing downhill to own them."

I've said I don't think he has a lot of football smarts, played great based on speed and other physical traits in high school and college, but at linebacker the NFL demands it all - speed, strength, toughness and smarts. Be mediocre in any and only one of those, and you'll not be a top player, which is to me is what we're seeing in Jaylon...

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's not fear. Due to physical limitations stemming from the injury, he's unable to shed blocks.

he doesn’t even attempt to shed blocks sometimes though. Like he literally waits for the OL or RB to move further up the field, rather than meeting them in the hole.

sometimes you gotta run into the OL, knowing you’re gonna get blocked but freeing up other guys to make the play. Jaylon straight up avoids contact.

now that may be due to him lacking confidence in his body due to the injury. But either way it’s soft play for an LB and it’s detrimental to his teammates.

nothing against Jaylon personally. Sucks he had a devastating injury. But he just doesn’t do what you need LB’s to do

kskboys

Reaction score
he doesn’t even attempt to shed blocks sometimes though. Like he literally waits for the OL or RB to move further up the field, rather than meeting them in the hole.

sometimes you gotta run into the OL, knowing you’re gonna get blocked but freeing up other guys to make the play. Jaylon straight up avoids contact.

now that may be due to him lacking confidence in his body due to the injury. But either way it’s soft play for an LB and it’s detrimental to his teammates.

nothing against Jaylon personally. Sucks he had a devastating injury. But he just doesn’t do what you need LB’s to do
Ouch. You could be right, maybe it is fear.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Like he literally waits for the OL or RB to move further up the field, rather than meeting them in the hole.

He does, that's one thing his draft profile said as I've noted above. And if he's played that way from pee wee to high school to college football, he's not going to change...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Stokes, who was selected with No. 29 overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft, spent a majority of camp running with the Packers’ starting defense opposite Alexander while King spent the first two weeks nursing a hamstring injury. During that time, Stokes endured a trial by fire that regularly saw him matching up against the dynamic duo of Davante Adams and Aaron Rodgers and drew him praise from numerous teammates.

“He’s the closest thing to Jaire (Alexander) as far as mentality and ability from what I’ve seen so far,” Adams told reporters after August 19’s practice. “The kid is fast as hell. He can get beat and recover, kind of like how Sam Shields would do.”

@WillieBeamen
Lets talk about what I was right about ;)

cnuball21

Reaction score
You called it, and I dogged it!!
For that I want to say you are right. Dude is going to be a game changer for this defense.
Well done

It's early but the kid looks like he could live up to the hype.

All along in the process I was saying if used correctly this kid could be a star...and so far so good. I think if you let him play LBr on early downs and attack on passing downs he can be a monster. He's a chess piece, and if used correctly and he continues to grow, he's going to be a star for us.

On a side note...I was dead wrong on Osa. Knocked him basically just bc I didn't know much about him but he appears to be someone that can turn into a force on our DL.