Micah Parsons

HungryLion

Reaction score
Best player will likely be Jamarr Chase...but that's a whole nother' discussion.

Yeah.

I’m on team trade down. if that happens.

Chase may well be graded higher than Parsons. He may well not.

We gotta be realists though.

This last year. Lamb wasn’t just best player available. But best player available by a wide margin.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah.

I’m on team trade down. if that happens.

Chase may well be graded higher than Parsons. He may well not.

We gotta be realists though.

This last year. Lamb wasn’t just best player available. But best player available by a wide margin.

I think Chase and Parsons are fairly close in terms of talent as prospects. If Parsons is there I draft him. If not, I try to trade down.

If neither option is available I strongly consider taking Chase over someone like Farley/Surtain as I think he’s a clearly better talent. I feel like he has an incredibly high floor and an incredibly low chance of busting.

I love Farleys potential but the injuries worry me. I like Surtain but am worried about his long speed.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I dont even think those are the best two corners in the draft. Horn and Stokes are more impressive to me. Wouldnt be shocked if come draft time all 4 are even somewhat
I think Chase and Parsons are fairly close in terms of talent as prospects. If Parsons is there I draft him. If not, I try to trade down.

If neither option is available I strongly consider taking Chase over someone like Farley/Surtain as I think he’s a clearly better talent. I feel like he has an incredibly high floor and an incredibly low chance of busting.

I love Farleys potential but the injuries worry me. I like Surtain but am worried about his long speed.

exciter

Reaction score
Willie, you know I am a Dak Stan but if his agent is asking for 40 million + with this train wreck of a roster, you might as well start over with a quarterback on a 5 year rookie deal.
Assuming they were actually any good there wouldn’t be a 5 year Rookie deal. They would be demanding a new contract after 3. After seeing the team not pay Dak they would have to be a complete imbecile not to!

fishspill

Reaction score
If we keep falling in the draft Zaven Collins would be a good backup plan.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Can Parsons play like the former Green Bay Linebacker Clay Mathews? He was an All-Pro defensive player of the year type for the Packers. He played outside linebacker and middle linebacker for them. If Parsons can play like him, he would be worth a top 8 selection.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Can Parsons play like the former Green Bay Linebacker Clay Mathews? He was an All-Pro defensive player of the year type for the Packers. He played outside linebacker and middle linebacker for them. If Parsons can play like him, he would be worth a top 8 selection.
Interesting comparison as their measurements are pretty similar, but I think those two are completely different players. Coming out of college matthews was looked at as a hybrid OLB/DE and that is really the role he excelled in. He played well around the LOS and was an excellent speed rusher and played the edge well. Parsons seems to be more of a true Middle backer. Fantastic sideline to sideline speed, big enough to take on OL at the second level vs the run, and athletic enough to cover TEs and RBs. What I don’t see parsons doing much is rushing the passer. Could he do it? Probably. Do I think that’s the best use of his skills? No. That’s one of the reasons you’ll see some posters speak against parsons. Is an off ball backer worth a top 10 pick? I think so, but it gets highly debated.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You just described Zaven Collins to a tee. Parsons has rush abilities but he is more of a off the ball linebacker, where Collins is a prototype hybrid one, can play anywhere

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You just described Zaven Collins to a tee. Parsons has rush abilities but he is more of a off the ball linebacker, where Collins is a prototype hybrid one, can play anywhere
Yeah, I like Collins. If we win the East I believe he would be the pick at 19. I want Parsons to be Ware. I know he is not but we could use a 3/4 linebacker with Parsons ability.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I'd be absolutely shocked if Collins tests out as a similar athlete the Matthews. That's a terrible comp IMO.

Matthews ran a low 4.6 with a sub 7 second 3 cone. He was a special athlete.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Collins. If we win the East I believe he would be the pick at 19. I want Parsons to be Ware. I know he is not but we could use a 3/4 linebacker with Parsons ability.

Why are we looking for a 3/4 rush linebacker?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'd be absolutely shocked if Collins tests out as a similar athlete the Matthews. That's a terrible comp IMO.

Matthews ran a low 4.6 with a sub 7 second 3 cone. He was a special athlete.
Just saying he could be a high level starter both as a rusher and as an off the ball linebacker

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I’ve seen comparisons of Colin’s to Anthony Barr. I don’t know that he is quite that athletic. If he tests well I could see him as a top 20 prospect. Guys that size that operate well in space are hard to find.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You trust Randy/Aldon? I don’t. Parsons certainly looks like a bigger and more athletic version of Matthews.

As a piece of the rotation I'd love to extend them...but my point is more so we should be looking at 4-3 DEs.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Just saying he could be a high level starter both as a rusher and as an off the ball linebacker

Yea bu Collins is an off the ball LBr. He's
Who you got in mind? What you think of the Michigan defensive end, Paye.

It's not a good class for 1st rounders at all. I'm not a fan Paye with our first pick at all...he's a boom or bust pick that is a better athlete than football player right now.

I'm coming around on Rousseau as I think he has a higher floor. He's going to give you + run defense day 1 and if he can develop a few more pass rush moves to go along with his bull rush I think he's a guy with pro bowl potential.

Other guys I"m keeping an eye on (not necessarily round 1) are J. Phillips, Ojulari and P. Jones.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea bu Collins is an off the ball LBr. He's

It's not a good class for 1st rounders at all. I'm not a fan Paye with our first pick at all...he's a boom or bust pick that is a better athlete than football player right now.

I'm coming around on Rousseau as I think he has a higher floor. He's going to give you + run defense day 1 and if he can develop a few more pass rush moves to go along with his bull rush I think he's a guy with pro bowl potential.

Other guys I"m keeping an eye on (not necessarily round 1) are J. Phillips, Ojulari and P. Jones.
I thought Collins is being viewed more as an 3-4 olb