Micah, Pump the Brakes

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fair enough.

I was a bit grumpy yesterday and should of just let it go. In the end, we are all Cowboy fans and just want the best for the team!
Oh, I wasn't justifying, or even explaining anything. I was mostly joking because he used to start his game day thread posts saying, "Coogs loves everyone on game day!"
:laugh:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is NOT a Micah bashing thread (someone will bash me for this either way). We saw what Micah did this past season. There's so much hype going on, it feels good to feel good about a player. With that said, I think we need to pump the brakes just a little!

Offensive coordinators are paid loads of money to scheme against players. It's it fair to expect him to have the great season like he did last season, when NOT much was known about him? Personally I speak for everyone when I say I hope he tops his rookie numbers.

I just think we need to slow it down, let's see what the season brings ONE GAME at a time! Truth be told, we've been burned by players in their second season. I didn't want to say that, but it's just what happens in big D. Micah seems different, but the brakes have to be put on a little once again! Please give your thoughts
No Coog, I don't wanna pump the brakes! So there!! Still luv ya though!! But seriously, I hope Micah continues to develop and get better with each season.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Whatever happened to letting fans be excited. What's with all of the pump the brakes, put away the anointing oil. Fandom is an individual thing, we don't all have to feel the same way about a player or the team's chances. I choose to be excited about Micah Parsons but I respect the fact that you want to pump the brakes, only drive as fast as you feel comfortable :)
Back when Neon Deion roamed our sidelines some peeps said the same thing about him. Let Parsons either back up his words or fall on his sword so to speak. Either way he will grow as a young man and football player.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Loving this team is like being a father of five.

The four oldest sons are either in reform school or adult prison.

The fifth is bringing home straight A's.

Taping the brakes on Micah isn't even on the horizon for some of us.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I’ll take Quinn’s scheming and Micah’s speed over most OC in the nfl
Hard to scheme against a guy if you don’t know where he’s gonna be lined up
Some fans see arrogance from Micah
I see confidence and determination

What did he do vs the 49ers?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
OC's are paid to scheme against disruptive players, but the idea that they aren't paid to do so in real-time seems a bit flawed. It isn't like the NFL as a whole decided "meh, we'll get around to figuring him out in the offseason". Guaranteed he quickly became priority #1 for most OCs as the season progressed and he still performed.

If "figuring a player out" was all there was to the equation, how would any defender ever improve upon a prior season. He may have a lesser year, or he may have a better year. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in any particular OC having a recipe to immediately eliminate the opponents best player on a consistent basis.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’ll take Quinn’s scheming and Micah’s speed over most OC in the nfl
Hard to scheme against a guy if you don’t know where he’s gonna be lined up
Some fans see arrogance from Micah
I see confidence and determination
How do you scheme against a LB/DE that can outrun Tyreek Hill? Dude is psycho fast and a sure tackler. I'm excited about him but I do wish he would do less talking through the media and just cause chaos on the field.

conner01

Reaction score
How do you scheme against a LB/DE that can outrun Tyreek Hill? Dude is psycho fast and a sure tackler. I'm excited about him but I do wish he would do less talking through the media and just cause chaos on the field.
He and the new kid have CB speed
There has been some fast pass rushers and 40 times aren’t as important as those first 3 steps, but I don’t recall a guy as fast to the QB as Micah
But because you can send him from anywhere he’s hard to scheme for
And Quinn has some toys to use from different spots
If we can control the run I like our chances on stopping passing games

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Anyone worried about Parsons mouth didn't watch one snap last season. Dude was by far the fastest and biggest player on both sides of the field. I don't know how talking will make him smaller and slower but I guess we will see.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Too much talk and actually putting himself in the same league with Donald after one season was ridiculous.

No players talk more than Cowboys and it's all part of self-promotion. I like for a player to have confidence until it crosses the boasting line and that's what he has done.

I think it would be good for him to be reminded that he shot his mouth off about how he should be used against the other team's best O player before that playoff game and Samuel and that run game made him look very ordinary. His LB teammate actually played a better game than he did.

However, his agent and his owner love this kind of talk.

Agreed!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Naaah, not buying that. I think he's guilty of overload and trying to do too much. Last season, the Dallas D really was a two man show.

Parsons is young and riding the crest of the wave and he's an overnight sensation in the worst NFL market for that to happen in.

However, the young man is an unusual talent that actually makes those ridiculous measurables pay off for him.

Our challenge, as fans, is tapping the brakes because this is the guy we've been waiting for since Ware. When was the last time fans actually looked forward to the D taking the field?

I agree with coogi, he does need to back off but if I were where he is at that age, I think they'd be saying the same about me. I don't think we truly realize what it is to be a star for the Cowboys. That isn't all lollipops and rainbows and can become overwhelming.

Thank you so much people just see what they want to see! This was not a bash thread at all, I can't stress that enough, but he needs to humble up just a little and move on from 22 into 23!! Wish him nothing but the best

glimmerman

Reaction score
Learn the Defense. Run the Defense as a leader ON THE FIELD. Show us ON THE FIELD. Don’t run your mouth on what you have done run it while your doing it. Not football time now.. Practice and get healthy and strong..