Micah, Pump the Brakes

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dude is really special. And what makes him so special isn’t just his rare physical gifts… it is also his instincts, desire, and competitiveness. Part of that makeup is to be confident and speak his mind, and I’m fine with that.

Pretty much all of these quotes from him that have some fans riled up are just answers to the media’s questions. He didn’t just jump out one day and say, “I’m going to be better than Aaron Donald!” No, he answered a lady’s question in an interview. What’s more, he gave Donald (and Ramsey) props, even saying Donald is the best defensive player ever. I don’t see anything wrong with what he’s saying. Not at all.

Besides, I’d think people would stay off his back until he wasn’t playing at an all pro level… because up until now, he’s been one of the best in the entire NFL, and he did it as a rookie who hadn’t played in 2 years.

Maybe we should watch his sophomore year before we talk of his demise.

JMO, of course.
Hammer to the nail right there.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is NOT a Micah bashing thread (someone will bash me for this either way). We saw what Micah did this past season. There's so much hype going on, it feels good to feel good about a player. With that said, I think we need to pump the brakes just a little!

Offensive coordinators are paid loads of money to scheme against players. It's it fair to expect him to have the great season like he did last season, when NOT much was known about him? Personally I speak for everyone when I say I hope he tops his rookie numbers.

I just think we need to slow it down, let's see what the season brings ONE GAME at a time! Truth be told, we've been burned by players in their second season. I didn't want to say that, but it's just what happens in big D. Micah seems different, but the brakes have to be put on a little once again! Please give your thoughts
Parsons is so competitive
I don't see him getting complacent

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This is NOT a Micah bashing thread (someone will bash me for this either way). We saw what Micah did this past season. There's so much hype going on, it feels good to feel good about a player. With that said, I think we need to pump the brakes just a little!

Offensive coordinators are paid loads of money to scheme against players. It's it fair to expect him to have the great season like he did last season, when NOT much was known about him? Personally I speak for everyone when I say I hope he tops his rookie numbers.

I just think we need to slow it down, let's see what the season brings ONE GAME at a time! Truth be told, we've been burned by players in their second season. I didn't want to say that, but it's just what happens in big D. Micah seems different, but the brakes have to be put on a little once again! Please give your thoughts
You want to know what I think...I don't worry about things I can't change or control. That's what I think. Intolerance is intolerable. The only people I want to see change their behavior are pedophiles, rapist, and violent criminals.

ccb04

Reaction score
Elite players produce, period. So if he is indeed a special talent as most assume, then he will find a way to produce regardless of what OC's scheme.

Teams began scheming for him last year, as his skills became evident and tape was available.
An individual example of what's encouraging:
in the late November game against the Chiefs,
Parsons had 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 2 TFL's, and 3 QB hits. That came without Lawrence or Gregory in the lineup, and against one of the most talented & mobile QB's, and also with the Chiefs being well aware of his abilities by then.

Lastly, Quinn also gets paid a lot of money to find favorable matchups, and utilize Parsons and others correctly, just like the opposing OC's do.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think there is nothing controversial about Micah yet. He had a great first season. He's on a rookie contract. He's putting it all in during off season. So I say let's wait and see. If some people want to hype him, fine. Others want him to shut up? Ok.

I'll couldn't be happier if Q branch elevates our defense to elite levels and keep it there for the whole season. But don't prove it in games vs WFT or the likes but Green Bay and Tampa. Or better yet, in the playoffs.

Man these forums should be shut down until TC. Too many empty threads lol. :D

plasticman

Reaction score
Pick an iconic NFL defensive player, a former HOFer or a current player like Aaron Donald.

Now play him at an unfamiliar position in half the plays during his rookie season. Make Aaron Donald play middle linebacker or Lawrence Taylor play DT.

Will they play that new position at an All Pro level as a rookie? Will they still make DROY? I think not.

The NFL has never seen a defensive player like Micah Parsons......never.

Micah Parsons defeated double teams as a DE. Micah Parsons covered WR on passing plays....deep passing plays, like a cornerback.

Apples to apples, compare his rookie season to any other defensive player in NFL history.

So far during the time since they started recorded certain defensive stats, 25 rookie defensive players have recorded 8 or more sacks. Among those 25, here is where Parsons placed in the following categories:

Sacks - 2nd
Solo tackles - 1st
combined tackles - 1st
Quarterback hits - 1st
Tackles for a loss - 1st

In every category he surpassed Aaron Donald and Von Miller. He surpassed the Bosa brothers. He surpassed Suh and Orakpo and Ansah.

However, now teams can gameplan him.....just like they could with Donald and Miller, right?

After that type of rookie season, his words are not called "bragging". They are called "candor".

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's fine, but make sure you back it up that's all, one good season doesn't get you into the hall of Fame
MOST HERE WONT oops get what your saying lol.
just ask them what happened to parsons in the SF WC game?

I think by being so vocal in the off season, he is just drawing more attention to himself, so other teams are going to go all out to block him.
how it will play out I dont know, but we shall see in sept and oct.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of the same posters hyping Micah, have the nerve to scoff at fans of other players on the team.

jaybird

Reaction score

Hes good enough, he will make everybody around him better, and that has me excited. matching last years stats not that big of a deal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Micah can say whatever he wants. He talks and backs it up. Now maybe others should take your advice on this team but Micah ain’t one. He doesn’t need to change anything. This is who he is. Either get with it or move on.

Qcard

Reaction score

Micah our "Leader" had a horrible Playoff game...

On 49ers Opeining Drive TD
1. Micah Lost Contain on the Play
2. Micah got Blocked by Aiyuk (50lbs lighter)

Qcard

Reaction score
Micah can say whatever he wants. He talks and backs it up. Now maybe others should take your advice on this team but Micah ain’t one. He doesn’t need to change anything. This is who he is. Either get with it or move on.
Micah Parson backs it up against...bad QBs..

Micah is a lost puppy against Good QBs....

blueblood70

Reaction score

How about you pump the brakes and let us drive 90 , do your thing and let MP and fans who want to be excited about things do so.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I dont see the point in that. I think Quinn uses even more creative ways to get him one on one. The fact that Parsons can move all over the place and blitz makes him difficult to game plan for or double team.

Now if you listen to the quacks that think he should play ONLY at DE then yah, he would be much easier to game plan for.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too much talk and actually putting himself in the same league with Donald after one season was ridiculous.

No players talk more than Cowboys and it's all part of self-promotion. I like for a player to have confidence until it crosses the boasting line and that's what he has done.

I think it would be good for him to be reminded that he shot his mouth off about how he should be used against the other team's best O player before that playoff game and Samuel and that run game made him look very ordinary. His LB teammate actually played a better game than he did.

However, his agent and his owner love this kind of talk.