Micah, Pump the Brakes

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah Parson backs it up against...bad QBs..

Micah is a lost puppy against Good QBs....
Naaah, not buying that. I think he's guilty of overload and trying to do too much. Last season, the Dallas D really was a two man show.

Parsons is young and riding the crest of the wave and he's an overnight sensation in the worst NFL market for that to happen in.

However, the young man is an unusual talent that actually makes those ridiculous measurables pay off for him.

Our challenge, as fans, is tapping the brakes because this is the guy we've been waiting for since Ware. When was the last time fans actually looked forward to the D taking the field?

I agree with coogi, he does need to back off but if I were where he is at that age, I think they'd be saying the same about me. I don't think we truly realize what it is to be a star for the Cowboys. That isn't all lollipops and rainbows and can become overwhelming.

75boyz

Reaction score
He played like the closest thing to LT I had ever seen last year.
He even looked fast when replayed in slow mo. His speed defies slow motion, lol

As long as he can avoid the terminal Cowboy Second Contract disease he should be fine.
But if he gets paid and his performance appears as if he suddenly is only going through the motions...
And there no longer appears to be his signature speed, desire, edge and hunger to be the best...

Well, when/if that happens all bets are off.

I truly hope he can overcome this environment if re-signed by Dallas.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yes you can scheme around any 1 player on offense or defense but Parsons is one of a very few guys on this team you can absolutely go all in on.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Pick an iconic NFL defensive player, a former HOFer or a current player like Aaron Donald.

Now play him at an unfamiliar position in half the plays during his rookie season. Make Aaron Donald play middle linebacker or Lawrence Taylor play DT.

Will they play that new position at an All Pro level as a rookie? Will they still make DROY? I think not.

The NFL has never seen a defensive player like Micah Parsons......never.

Micah Parsons defeated double teams as a DE. Micah Parsons covered WR on passing plays....deep passing plays, like a cornerback.

Apples to apples, compare his rookie season to any other defensive player in NFL history.

So far during the time since they started recorded certain defensive stats, 25 rookie defensive players have recorded 8 or more sacks. Among those 25, here is where Parsons placed in the following categories:

Sacks - 2nd
Solo tackles - 1st
combined tackles - 1st
Quarterback hits - 1st
Tackles for a loss - 1st

In every category he surpassed Aaron Donald and Von Miller. He surpassed the Bosa brothers. He surpassed Suh and Orakpo and Ansah.

However, now teams can gameplan him.....just like they could with Donald and Miller, right?

After that type of rookie season, his words are not called "bragging". They are called "candor".
Beeeeutiful post.
IDC about those blowing the hype train whistle, Parsons is exactly what you stated, he can play everywhere and can be game planned accordingly.
Having a few complimentary pieces hopefully returning like Cox, and adding Williams to the mix just enables more flexibility.
Anyone not recognizing how lucky we were to have Parsons fall right in our lap, should probably spend some time in Vegas...lol
This defense is on a fast track like a crazy train, those that want to remain doubters are in for a pleasant surprise this season.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he is the fulfilment of prophecy...its written in the book of micah...
:starspin:THE LION OF NITNAY:starspin:
he can say whatever the hell he wants to.
he's just getting started.
he's gonna be a good'n...for a long,long time.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
You're thanking too hard!! Fans need to put the brakes on, he needs to make sure he doesn't let one great year get to his head that's all, make sure you also read in your confusion that this is not a bash thread, fans are too damn emotional
Fans need to fan anyway they see fit. No one needs your input on how they want to support the team.

You calling Typhus emotional was very odd. He said nothing remotely negative and you were the one pumping out the exclamation points. Not the first time you've come off as a bit different. My opinion of course.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m sure some will be pumping the brakes on Parsons because I’m not sure he’s going come up with as many sacks this season. If his sack total drops that’s going discourage some fans. Some fans will blame the team for not using him correctly or blame him for not being as good as he was last season. He set the bar extremely high for himself last season and all the talking he’s been doing this offseason has made the expectations for him even higher.

Proof

Reaction score
Being a PS Alumna, Parsons is letting his great rookie season get to his head. He's been nothing but a loud mouth whose only had one season in the NFL. He needs to shut his pie hole now.

what’s happening to attend the same school matter ?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well that was what I was saying.
They're going to game-plan him so prepare and when it's noticed that the game changes, go back to hyper aggressive.

Look at me!
Talking all football and that shiznozz!

Edit: I'm sorry, I thought you were responding to my Diggs post about strategy.
My bad.
I would absolutely love to see this team being able to adjust on the fly, how long has it seemed that as the opposition adjusts, we have been slow to the punch.
I truly believe the terminology of Qs D will never be 3-4 or 4-3, this defense is going to be what most would consider to be a base nickel.
But a bigger, faster, playmaking base set that can get after the backfield.
This DL finally has to come together from the inside out, and that remains the elephant in the room until proven otherwise.
I realize this is the unproven area of this defense, but could be much worse than some extremists are making the interior situation out to actually be.
Everyone hates on Hill, and jokes will be made if he ends up starting, but Osa will be fighting for that role as well, Gallimore needs to step up his game but he is very much in the mix inside.
If anyone needs to back up their talk on this roster its Ridgeway, so if he can back it up then get in there young lad really help this DL.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Micah our "Leader" had a horrible Playoff game...

On 49ers Opeining Drive TD
1. Micah Lost Contain on the Play
2. Micah got Blocked by Aiyuk (50lbs lighter)

Was unfortunate, rooks have bad games, all players have bad games, this entire team had a bad game.
That was yesterday's news, well actually about the last 26 years historical news. but whos counting.
All Im saying is that Im not trashing on any player on this roster that has shown "elite" profile talent.
Im not putting all that blame vs the 49ers all on Parsons.
Bet Parsons becomes a better player because of that day actually, thats what great players do, they increasingly become the better athlete, and they begin to understand how this game at this level is played.
Parsons already sees the game, the speed, thats an attribute that usually takes even your best playmakers in this league a few years to develop, just take a look at Von Miller in Denver and how it took DWare mentorship to finally get hm rolling.
You cant coach that, its natural presence.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I wonder if the same people asking to cool the jets on Micah are some of those same nervous nellies who preach to others about getting too hopeful about the Cowboys playing well due to THEIR fear of being let down by the team again and are afraid of being converted otherwise. When fandom turns into fear management, is it even worth it to your health?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I wonder if the same people asking to cool the jets on Micah are some of those same nervous nellies who preach to others about getting too hopeful about the Cowboys playing well due to THEIR fear of being let down by the team again and are afraid of being converted otherwise. When fandom turns into fear management, is it even worth it to your health?
Very well said.

Mannix

Reaction score
This is NOT a Micah bashing thread (someone will bash me for this either way). We saw what Micah did this past season. There's so much hype going on, it feels good to feel good about a player. With that said, I think we need to pump the brakes just a little!

Offensive coordinators are paid loads of money to scheme against players. It's it fair to expect him to have the great season like he did last season, when NOT much was known about him? Personally I speak for everyone when I say I hope he tops his rookie numbers.

I just think we need to slow it down, let's see what the season brings ONE GAME at a time! Truth be told, we've been burned by players in their second season. I didn't want to say that, but it's just what happens in big D. Micah seems different, but the brakes have to be put on a little once again! Please give your thoughts
Agree 100%

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Too much talk and actually putting himself in the same league with Donald after one season was ridiculous.

No players talk more than Cowboys and it's all part of self-promotion. I like for a player to have confidence until it crosses the boasting line and that's what he has done.

I think it would be good for him to be reminded that he shot his mouth off about how he should be used against the other team's best O player before that playoff game and Samuel and that run game made him look very ordinary. His LB teammate actually played a better game than he did.

However, his agent and his owner love this kind of talk.
CC, it's not like he just interrupted someone else's interview to brag. He was asked a question and he answered it honestly. He gave Donald his props, and said he thinks he and Diggs could one day be better than Donald and Ramsey. He's not saying they're as good right now, just promising to work hard.

I have no problem with his confidence, because he's not just trying to blow sunshine up our collective butt.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fans need to fan anyway they see fit. No one needs your input on how they want to support the team.

You calling Typhus emotional was very odd. He said nothing remotely negative and you were the one pumping out the exclamation points. Not the first time you've come off as a bit different. My opinion of course.
Coogs is very emotional. He loves everyone on game day!