Micah the mistreated superstar

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I can't link the tweet because of the rules here but Michael Gehlken just tweeted out that after a review of every holding penalty Cowboys defenders have drawn this year Micah Parsons has gotten just two and none in the last five games.

Superstar treatment he is not getting from the officials. There's holding on every play but this man gets mugged most of every game.

Maybe this is consistent with the other star pass rushers around the league I don't know but it needs to be looked at by the league. Offenses have enough of an advantage.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So I can't link the tweet because of the rules here but Michael Gehlken just tweeted out that after a review of every holding penalty Cowboys defenders have drawn this year Micah Parsons has gotten just two and none in the last five games.

Superstar treatment he is not getting from the officials. There's holding on every play but this man gets mugged most of every game.

Maybe this is consistent with the other star pass rushers around the league I don't know but it needs to be looked at by the league. Offenses have enough of an advantage.
I think they just want to give offensive linemen a chance and not have Micah hit the QB on every pass play.

HungryLion

Reaction score

It’s almost like the refs giving OL players a handicap like in golf.

They can’t block parsons without being given some leniency on holding calls.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I said this in a similar thread..... the Earth will enter it's next ice age, which could be about 50,000 years from now, before the NFL ever gets up off their butts to address the poor officiating.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

By the letter if the law they could call 2 or 3 different Holds on any given pass play....including when we're on offense and we're "holding" (by the rules book) the other teams pass rushers.

Sure....a robot ref might award Parsons 30 hold calls. But the robot refs would also award Bosa or Reddick 30 Holds when they are pass rushing us.

So we just have to decide if we want a game with 100 penalties...half of which will be on us.

BossRhino

Reaction score
They've taken away 2.5 sacks from Micah Parsons this year. He'd be the sack leader right now. I'm sure some random dude like Danielle Hunter from Minnesota will rack up 5 sacks tonight to take the lead.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
By the letter if the law they could call 2 or 3 different Holds on any given pass play....including when we're on offense and we're "holding" (by the rules book) the other teams pass rushers.

Sure....a robot ref might award Parsons 30 hold calls. But the robot refs would also award Bosa or Reddick 30 Holds when they are pass rushing us.

So we just have to decide if we want a game with 100 penalties...half of which will be on us.
But here's the thing. The holds shown in the tweet that cannot be posted are egregious. There's no "you can call that on any play" stuff here. Parsons is getting literally tackled, or grabbed from behind around the waist, or getting pulled down from the side on his rushes. These are blatant holds that any competent official should not miss.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'd just like to see it called evenly. We have 14 offensive holding penalties this year. Philly has 4. So when one isn't called against the Eagles, you have to question whether the officials are paying as close of attention to them as they are to us. As you said, holds can be called on any given pass play, so officials should keep it pretty even.

BTW, they also have called 14 defensive holdings on us and only 2 on the Eagles.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
But here's the thing. The holds shown in the tweet that cannot be posted are egregious. There's no "you can call that on any play" stuff here. Parsons is getting literally tackled, or grabbed from behind around the waist, or getting pulled down from the side on his rushes. These are blatant holds that any competent official should not miss.
I don't see any videos or do you need to be a Twitter user to see them? Can you PM me the Tweet? I want to look at these later on another device.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't see any videos or do you need to be a Twitter user to see them? Can you PM me the Tweet? I want to look at these later on another device.
I saw the tweet today and am having trouble finding it. If I do I will send it to you.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

Why mention Reddick? He’s nowhere near Micah or Bosa’s class. Weird.

BossRhino

Reaction score
TJ Watt will be this year's DPOY. Dude always gets two sacks a game. Clean, unblocked paths to the QB. It's comical.