Micah the mistreated superstar

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was told we don't get unfairly treated by refs.
Same thing happens to Garrett and Bosa and Donald and all the best pass rushers. It's not unfair. They'd be throwing a flag or getting a sack every play. We would be getting flagged for it all the time too. It would not be an enjoyable game to watch.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Why mention Reddick? He’s nowhere near Micah or Bosa’s class. Weird.
Name any elite pass rusher we face you want.

I mentioned Reddick because he was 4th in DPOY last year, Bosa was 1st, Micah 2nd and Watt 3rd I think...and Reddick 4th.

We don't face Watt. And obviously don't face Parsons.

It doesn't matter.

The pass rushers from any team you face would be getting held dozens of times...by our OLinemen...just like Parsons is getting held 30 times a game.

BossRhino

Reaction score
Danielle Hunter got awarded a half sack tonight, so far. Laughable. NFL office actively trying to take away sacks from Parsons.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Name any elite pass rusher we face you want.

I mentioned Reddick because he was 4th in DPOY last year, Bosa was 1st, Micah 2nd and Watt 3rd I think...and Reddick 4th.

We don't face Watt. And obviously don't face Parsons.

It doesn't matter.

The pass rushers from any team you face would be getting held dozens of times...by our OLinemen...just like Parsons is getting held 30 times a game.
You’re still talking about Reddick. Weird.

HanD

Reaction score
Same thing happens to Garrett and Bosa and Donald and all the best pass rushers. It's not unfair. They'd be throwing a flag or getting a sack every play. We would be getting flagged for it all the time too. It would not be an enjoyable game to watch.
That's an asinine way to ref a game. Different standards for different players doing the same thing. That's exactly what's wrong with the NFL. Way to penalize your stars. Speak for yourself that you don't want to see a defense be dominant. Maybe the offense should use two or three blockers if they can't block with one without holding. Or scheme a better game plan.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's an asinine way to ref a game. Different standards for different players doing the same thing. That's exactly what's wrong with the NFL. Way to penalize your stars. Speak for yourself that you don't want to see a defense be dominant. Maybe the offense should use two or three blockers if they can't block with one without holding. Or scheme a better game plan.
Again, we'd be getting flagged for it all the time too. Games would be unwatchable.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If you want to get a glimpse of what a game would be like with 50 or 60 flags a game....watch this Vikings Bears game.

Not a lit of flags....but just nothing but punts. 6 to 3.

Boring as all get out.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't care that we'd get flagged. Either change the rules or enforce them the same. Make oc game plan better. When you make calls subjective then you lose integrity.
You would care. My guess is you'd care a lot. There's a reason that it is a very common saying that "holding can be called on every play." Does that sound like a game you'd want to watch? Nothing but flags on every play, because you want every play to be called to the letter of the law. You and everyone else would hate watching that game. It would be like cops pulling over every car that was going over the speed limit. It would be a disaster.

HanD

Reaction score
You would care. My guess is you'd care a lot. There's a reason that it is a very common saying that "holding can be called on every play." Does that sound like a game you'd want to watch? Nothing but flags on every play, because you want every play to be called to the letter of the law. You and everyone else would hate watching that game. It would be like cops pulling over every car that was going over the speed limit. It would be a disaster.
Then change the rules. But apply it fairly to every player. What we have is laziness and lack of integrity.

mote

Reaction score
People are so wishy-washy. They want every rule "applied", but then wax on and on about the importance of the "game in the trenches", as if that's not glorified sumo wrestling practiced by giant men at lightening speed simultaneously. Then they want physical play from either the offense or defense of their team (take your pick), but not too physical of play from their opponent, and certainly not holding, or grabbing, or bumping, or whatever (unless it's your player being physical, or two players "battling"). They then point out plays that they don't agree with (of the opponent, natch), and neglect any and all similar plays from their team. The one constant in all sports is that people are tribal and biased, and always assume the refs favor the other team.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then change the rules. But apply it fairly to every player. What we have is laziness and lack of integrity.
Fine, and i don't disagree that the refs across the board are just terrible, but it's worked this way since the inception of the league. Why do we need to change it now? It's never going to be a perfect system.

In my opinion, the stuff that's blatant AND impacts the play directly has to be called. For example, holds on the opposite side of the play should be given less consideration. If it doesn't impact the play directly, then holster the flag.

I've seen some abysmal calls this year. I saw them call Amari Cooper OOB running up the sidelines with 6" of green between his foot and the sideline. That was one of the worst. The refs are completely incompetent, and the model needs to switch to having full time refs. It's wild to me that they aren't, especially with the amount of money the league makes. They could easily pay these guys millions and not even make a dent in profits.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People are so wishy-washy. They want every rule "applied", but then wax on and on about the importance of the "game in the trenches", as if that's not glorified sumo wrestling practiced by giant men at lightening speed simultaneously. Then they want physical play from either the offense or defense of their team (take your pick), but not too physical of play from their opponent, and certainly not holding, or grabbing, or bumping, or whatever (unless it's your player being physical, or two players "battling"). They then point out plays that they don't agree with (of the opponent, natch), and neglect any and all similar plays from their team. The one constant in all sports is that people are tribal and biased, and always assume the refs favor the other team.
Well said

Redline360

Reaction score
Parsons could argurbly draw 10 flags a game however so could Bosa, Garrett. Mack and etc

Parsons was legit manhandled holding wise twice agaisnt the Eagles that the announcers talked about a few times.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't care that we'd get flagged. Either change the rules or enforce them the same. Make oc game plan better. When you make calls subjective then you lose integrity.
Subjective calls do not adversely affect the popularity of the NFL. Making games unwatchable certainly would.