Micah the mistreated superstar

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I have no explanation as to why the refs have decided to favor the Eagles.
It's called being a Cowboys fan looking up at the Eagles in the standings. If it was the reverse the story would be, "damn, our OLine is so good!" Lol.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's called being a Cowboys fan looking up at the Eagles in the standings. If it was the reverse the story would be, "damn, our OLine is so good!" Lol.
I notice you manage to ignore the blatant repeat fouls that Kelce and Johnson commit with impunity. They just so good right?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Then so is the "Parsons is persecuted" narrative based on the exact same thing. Love ya, Mac. Lol.
No, it's the exact same thing.

Should he get all 5 calls that are shown in that clip against the Commanders? No. But should he get called for at least one or two when they are obvious? Yes. It is the discrepancy that is the problem. He gets 0 calls.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I notice you manage to ignore the blatant repeat fouls that Kelce and Johnson commit with impunity. They just so good right?
So you're saying that Kelce is cheating "but got flagged for it twice" his very last game. Umm, that would be called penalty enforcement. As for Johnson, you think others haven't brought it up to officials and they allow it? Guards around the league, including Martin, point forward as a signal to the center to snap the ball. That's movement before the snap after being set, is it not? But it is apparently allowed by officials to aid the OL. Perhaps Johnson's quirky leg kick is also allowed. But you'd need to research it before falling to the ground crying "unfair!"

No harm in pushing limits or exploring what you can get away with. It's called competitive edge. Are you one of those posters that thinks Aaron Rodgers catching a defense on the field with 12 men or hard counting to draw them offsides so he can have a free play is "unfair?"

Motorola

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have been all up in arms about Parsons' treatment by the opposition for quite some time now.
But I haven't heard or read about his DC, HC, and GM\owner raising a stink about it.
Wonder if there expressing their concern to the league behind closed doors...maybe not.

mote

Reaction score
Have you analyzed comparable players on other contenders to the same level of detail? In the past 6 years, the Cowboys have had the following stats versus Eagles, SF and KC for offensive holding:
Team2022 Holds (total games)20212020201920182017
Dallas23 (19)34 (18)9 (16)25 (16)31 (18)28 (16)
Philly19 (20)21 (18)14 (16)23 (17)22 (18)29 (19)
SF25 (20)25 (20)20 (16)23 (19)16 (16)22 (16)
KC24 (20)29 (20)26 (18)23 (19)25 (18)27 (17)
Source: https://www.nflpenalties.com/

If you don't focus solely on the Eagles you will see that KC has almost as many holds as the Cowboys, and in 2020 had vastly more and made it to the SuperBowl (and lost). Of course this will trigger the "but the timing and situation and field position" argument, which is nearly impossible to control for over such a long stretch of time. Do people really feel like in each and every game, a referee crew has a bias for one team versus another spread over multiple seasons and conferences?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I was told we don't get unfairly treated by refs.
We don’t. Do you think this doesn’t happen to other teams too? Our game against the Eagles , that touchdown they scored, where they blatantly held an edge defender to get a TD… On that same play, we blatantly held their defensive end… Perhaps even more blatantly. Referees suck …give it enough time though, and they will suck equally.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Have you analyzed comparable players on other contenders to the same level of detail? In the past 6 years, the Cowboys have had the following stats versus Eagles, SF and KC for offensive holding:
Team2022 Holds (total games)20212020201920182017
Dallas23 (19)34 (18)9 (16)25 (16)31 (18)28 (16)
Philly19 (20)21 (18)14 (16)23 (17)22 (18)29 (19)
SF25 (20)25 (20)20 (16)23 (19)16 (16)22 (16)
KC24 (20)29 (20)26 (18)23 (19)25 (18)27 (17)
Source: https://www.nflpenalties.com/

If you don't focus solely on the Eagles you will see that KC has almost as many holds as the Cowboys, and in 2020 had vastly more and made it to the SuperBowl (and lost). Of course this will trigger the "but the timing and situation and field position" argument, which is nearly impossible to control for over such a long stretch of time. Do people really feel like in each and every game, a referee crew has a bias for one team versus another spread over multiple seasons and conferences?
you need a bigger sample size.

mote

Reaction score
you need a bigger sample size.
Sure, I'll get right on that. The data are all there for anyone to review, they just prefer not to because a) most people are incapable of interpreting data correctly, b) have no statistics training and c) would rather argue anecdotes.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Sure, I'll get right on that. The data are all there for anyone to review, they just prefer not to because a) most people are incapable of interpreting data correctly, b) have no statistics training and c) would rather argue anecdotes.
get on it, or, not get on it….until

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
get on it, or, not get on it….without good data we are all guessing. Need a PFF for referees.

T-RO

Reaction score
As for the original post:

A loser from a Philly basement coming after the Cowboys Micah Parsons, trying to turn the fanbase against him, and some sucker-fish here can't see the game in play. What a surprise.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So I can't link the tweet because of the rules here but Michael Gehlken just tweeted out that after a review of every holding penalty Cowboys defenders have drawn this year Micah Parsons has gotten just two and none in the last five games.

Superstar treatment he is not getting from the officials. There's holding on every play but this man gets mugged most of every game.

Maybe this is consistent with the other star pass rushers around the league I don't know but it needs to be looked at by the league. Offenses have enough of an advantage.
Parsons has the highest pressure rate, but yet the lowest holding calls against opponent OLs. He's getting disrespected by the officiating. Are they afraid of what he could do if they called it by the book?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'd just like to see it called evenly. We have 14 offensive holding penalties this year. Philly has 4. So when one isn't called against the Eagles, you have to question whether the officials are paying as close of attention to them as they are to us. As you said, holds can be called on any given pass play, so officials should keep it pretty even.

BTW, they also have called 14 defensive holdings on us and only 2 on the Eagles.
28-6 in overall holding calls. That isn't bias free. No way.