Micah vs D. Ware, who are you picking?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Different times, different styles, one main job is to get to the QB! Who would you pick, and why?? Please give your thoughts

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If we are talking strictly getting to the QB I’ll take Parsons.

What made Dware so special is he was a top tier pass rusher guy but played the run as good as anyone too. Dware was truly a complete player. The ONLY reason I’m taking parsons is the OP said one job of getting to the qb.

HanD

Reaction score
D Ware......easy choice.

He didn't falter the 2nd half of seasons AND didn't shrink in the biggest games.
i don't know. this board said the same things about him when he was here. people said he got sacks early in the game, not in the 4th quarter or on big drives. people were glad when he wasn't on the team. compared him to clay matthews like people compare micah to tj watt. conversation sounds the same, the times are different and memories make reflection different then when you are living through something.

i love both guys.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a tough choice because in some aspects, Micah is really special. But Ware is the better all around player. People like to talk about sacks and pressures, but no one contained his edge like Demarcus Ware. He rarely got caught up inside and he rarely let a TE or OT push him inside. Ware wasn't perfect but he was a really good player.

What Micah does though is a bit different. He changes the way the offense approaches a game plan. Watching him get so much attention from the offense, with double and triple teams, shows it they leave him one on one he can be as destructive as anyone.

Also, Micah is still young and he is still developing. IN another year or two, I think Micah may make the answer to this question much more obvious.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This is a tough choice because in some aspects, Micah is really special. But Ware is the better all around player. People like to talk about sacks and pressures, but no one contained his edge like Demarcus Ware. He rarely got caught up inside and he rarely let a TE or OT push him inside. Ware wasn't perfect but he was a really good player.

What Micah does though is a bit different. He changes the way the offense approaches a game plan. Watching him get so much attention from the offense, with double and triple teams, shows it they leave him one on one he can be as destructive as anyone.

Also, Micah is still young and he is still developing. IN another year or two, I think Micah may make the answer to this question much more obvious.
I lean toward this line of thinking. If Micah weren't getting held almost every play, he's probably blowing records out of the water. Ware definitely more balanced player. Little unfair in that MP is playing a position in the pro's that is significantly different from his background.

Now are there some things that worry me about MP? Yes.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If we are talking strictly getting to the QB I’ll take Parsons.

What made Dware so special is he was a top tier pass rusher guy but played the run as good as anyone too. Dware was truly a complete player. The ONLY reason I’m taking parsons is the OP said one job of getting to the qb.
Really? 14 sacks is a career year for Micah

That was a down year for Ware in his prime

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Ware was the last guy for the Cowboys to lead the league in sacks, and he did that twice. He had 20 sacks one of those years. 20 sack seasons for pass rushers are comparable to 2000 yard seasons for a RB. I'll take Ware at this point.

zack

Reaction score
You know what’s funny is I remember people on this exact site complained that Ware was too nice and didn’t show up in big moments lol. Same thing people say about Micah lol.
Someone tell me what Ware did for the Cowboys in the biggest moments? Playoffs? The only thing I can recall is a sack, fumble of D. Brees in a regular season game back in 2009 with 12 secs to go. Other than that, I can hardly remember any impact plays in big games....

Micah is more versatile and I would choose him. In his last year with Dallas, Ware was spent, and a majority of the fans were happy he was gone. He fell into a great situation in Denver.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Someone tell me what Ware did for the Cowboys in the biggest moments? Playoffs? The only thing I can recall is a sack, fumble of D. Brees in a regular season game back in 2009 with 12 secs to go. Other than that, I can hardly remember any impact plays in big games....
It’s all a blur to me honestly. I just found it ironic people have a different view of Ware in retirement than what they remember. The same things said about Micah? Same things they criticized him for.

zack

Reaction score
It’s all a blur to me honestly. I just found it ironic people have a different view of Ware in retirement than what they remember. The same things said about Micah? Same things they criticized him for.
Ware was a great player for sure, but I think what happens with "time" is people forget the things that bothered them. Honestly, I just remember Dallas having a crap defense that never stopped anyone during his tenure with a few exceptions like 2007 & 2009.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Ware was the perfect example of why the Cowboys are what they are. Fantastic player. Unbelievable skills. Happy to sign a big fat contract and compile gaudy regular season stats. Was he a killer? Nope. Was he obsessed with winning? Nope. Would he hold the rest of the team accountable? Nope. Do I have a single meaningful memory of him? Not really. I remember him coming up big once against the Saints. Other than that he had forgettable sack after forgettable sack. For the last few years he was here all I can picture is a guy getting easily run upfield with no thought to anything but a sack on a 5 step drop.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ware was a great player for sure, but I think what happens with "time" is people forget the things that bothered them. Honestly, I just remember Dallas having a crap defense that never stopped anyone during his tenure with a few exceptions like 2007 & 2009.
Oh for sure it does. You’re right there.