Micah wants a "bigger linebacker who can get downhill & a super 330 nasty interior" for the defense

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not a chance he goes in the 1st. At best, he is an early day two pick but will likely go around pick #54 or so. He is slow off the snap, just like Mazi. His pass rushing game is weak, he is nothing but a run snuffer who lacks agility to shed blocks and hit gaps. He is a good player but not very versatile who currently ranks at #9 for his position. I watch every Texas game but it would be insane to get him at #24.
If that YouTube video says he goes in the 1st then best believe AC is gonna parrot it.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
All I know is they better knock this draft out of the park to make up for last year's disaster. Stop reaching for bums and even better, stop wasting your 2nd round pick for once.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not a chance he goes in the 1st. At best, he is an early day two pick but will likely go around pick #54 or so. He is slow off the snap, just like Mazi. His pass rushing game is weak, he is nothing but a run snuffer who lacks agility to shed blocks and hit gaps. He is a good player but not very versatile who currently ranks at #9 for his position. I watch every Texas game but it would be insane to get him at #24.
Slow off the snap? :lmao:

Watch some film on him since it's obvious you never watched him play.

T'VONDRE SWEAT DT TEXAS

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Classic dominating space-eating run defender. Commands attention with his huge frame, making him a formidable presence against the run and difficult to move off the point of attack.
  • Exhibits superior upper-body strength, enabling him to engage and disengage from blockers with ease and disrupt offensive lines.
  • Efficient at absorbing double-teams, maintaining gap integrity even when facing increased pressure.
  • Demonstrates good burst and leverage off the snap, hinting at potential disruptive capabilities in the backfield.
  • Employs active hands effectively to bat down passes and disrupt passing lanes when unable to reach the quarterback.
  • His strength and technique allow him to be a consistent one-gapper, capable of closing running lanes and anchoring against the run.
  • Boasts a relentless motor and energy, contributing significantly to his ability to finish plays and demand double-teams.
  • Shows glimpses of pass-rushing potential with the ability to employ powerful moves and generate torque against single blockers.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

T'VONDRE SWEAT DT TEXAS

• Classic dominating space-eating run defender. Commands attention with his huge frame, making him a formidable presence against the run and difficult to move off the point of attack.
  • Exhibits superior upper-body strength, enabling him to engage and disengage from blockers with ease and disrupt offensive lines.
  • Efficient at absorbing double-teams, maintaining gap integrity even when facing increased pressure.
  • Demonstrates good burst and leverage off the snap, hinting at potential disruptive capabilities in the backfield.
  • Employs active hands effectively to bat down passes and disrupt passing lanes when unable to reach the quarterback.
  • His strength and technique allow him to be a consistent one-gapper, capable of closing running lanes and anchoring against the run.
  • Boasts a relentless motor and energy, contributing significantly to his ability to finish plays and demand double-teams.
  • Shows glimpses of pass-rushing potential with the ability to employ powerful moves and generate torque against single blockers.
I can copy and paste too.

Weaknesses​

• Can be a tick late off the snap as a pass-rusher and doesn’t gear up instantly.
  • Visibly lacks elite explosiveness and lateral quickness, a natural trade-off for his size.
  • Has some wasted motion with hands as a pass-rusher and can more efficiently load.
  • Still improving at channeling power from his initial momentum as a pass-rusher.
  • Can be more consistent at sustaining power rushes with leg drive after extending.
  • Lacks a consistent counter plan as a pass-rusher and needs raw strength to break free.
  • Struggles to keep his hips loaded when rushing with space and drifts upright easily.
  • Doesn’t have elite change-of-direction or range and can be nullified out by rollouts.
  • Doesn’t have the quickness to break off anchors and enter outer gap pursuit.
  • Has the hip fluidity to roll into pass-rushing lanes but isn’t the most flexible.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Weaknesses​

• Can be a tick late off the snap as a pass-rusher and doesn’t gear up instantly.
  • Visibly lacks elite explosiveness and lateral quickness, a natural trade-off for his size.
  • Has some wasted motion with hands as a pass-rusher and can more efficiently load.
  • Still improving at channeling power from his initial momentum as a pass-rusher.
  • Can be more consistent at sustaining power rushes with leg drive after extending.
  • Lacks a consistent counter plan as a pass-rusher and needs raw strength to break free.
  • Struggles to keep his hips loaded when rushing with space and drifts upright easily.
  • Doesn’t have elite change-of-direction or range and can be nullified out by rollouts.
  • Has the hip fluidity to roll into pass-rushing lanes but isn’t the most flexible.
T'Vondre Sweat will go in the 1st round. Book it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

T'VONDRE SWEAT DT TEXAS

Weaknesses​

I smell a draft bet brewing. Let's get it on, Zoners. What'cha bettin' on Sweat being a 1st Rounder or not? You can deposit your funds with me and I'll pay to the winner (after investing and making a profit on it).

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
T'Vondre Sweat will go in the 1st round. Book it.
I’m not going to argue this anymore but keep this thread in mind come draft night. He is NOT a first round prospect and will go somewhere in the second. Rub it in my face if he is drafted on day one for all I care, I can take it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He might be right but no other organization would let this be public fodder. I’m sure every teams key players have an opportunity to voice their opinions regarding what went right or wrong but only in Dallas does a linebacker/defensive end tell the owner of the franchise what they need to do next personnel wise and it become public knowledge.
We are run dysfunctionally.
So don't be surprised by this.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I would be shocked as heck, if the first 2 picks are in the D side of the ball. Look, not going to get everything in one draft, so will need to be active in FA. Then that will tell you what needs to be done in the draft. That C spot is weak as heck.
I think it's risky is heck but I believe the starting C next year will either be Hoffman or Bass. The loser of that competition will be your utility backup IOL.

As far as Micah's comments go...I could see Dallas signing 2 mid/lower level bigger DTs similar to Hankins or perhaps slightly better.

LB addition(s) likely will come in the draft.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Maybe he was right about Mazi, they just mis-utilized his skillset, and putting him on a diet didn’t help.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah wanted Mazi real bad last draft also.

never forget.
Micah wanted what he thought was a big fat body run stopper.
The Cowboys drafted that player and made him lose weight and try to play three tech instead of one tech

Everyone and their grandma should agree with Micah in wanting a good large LB instead of trying to make snide comments to put a player down.

How bout that
Catch me outside
Siriani

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not going to argue this anymore but keep this thread in mind come draft night. He is NOT a first round prospect and will go somewhere in the second. Rub it in my face if he is drafted on day one for all I care, I can take it.
I think his teammate Murphy goes before him.
And I do think he is a second round player however I could see him slipping into the bottom of the first.