Micah wants a "bigger linebacker who can get downhill & a super 330 nasty interior" for the defense

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Everyone and their grandma should agree with Micah in wanting a good large LB instead of trying to make snide comments to put a player down.
:clap:they do, some are just being pigheaded and childish. BTW, here is a complete transcript of the interview

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would be shocked as heck, if the first 2 picks are in the D side of the ball. Look, not going to get everything in one draft, so will need to be active in FA. Then that will tell you what needs to be done in the draft. That C spot is weak as heck.
Would not be the sexy pick that most are looking for, but where the Cowboys sit in the draft, a stud center like JPJ /Oregon would be at least a step in the right direction but nobody wants a Center in the first round... :cool:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also never forget that most on this board loved that selection at the time and many are still cautioning us that we need to be patient with Mazi.
yeah and that it's going to take him3 years to be successful!!! lol

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The "LB who can play downhill" reads as a veiled shot at LVE. I'm not sure if its scheme or personality but he just never shoots gaps. Marquise Bell was better at hitting holes than LVE. Don't get me wrong, LVE was a contributor but he was more of a bend don't break LB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
just draft BPA and lean on the scouts. Reaching out of need ends badly. See Mazi. You find those big fat dudes on the interior in the middle rounds. We need several. I like Hankins but hes almost too nice. Gimme a guy with a mean streak in there. A try hard lunch pail guy. We need dudes with the drive to be better. We have too many that think they arrived because they wear the star. I ont have the list of potential DT's in this draft, but I think we can find guys throughout that can come in and help. Im tired of hearing about depth and versatility. We need starters. Might have to get a bigtime free agent. Maybe Jeffrey Simmons from the Titans. Rookies rarely are able to come in and be dogs. We need run stuffers at Edge and DT. We are too light at edge. We need a big 280-300 pound guy at edge. A big body that plays with size and power with his hands and lower half. As good as DLAW is, he isnt that. At this point in his career hes a rotational piece. I like him better on passing downs. Might not be the big name guys, but we can find them.