Micah wants a "bigger linebacker who can get downhill & a super 330 nasty interior" for the defense

Rayman70

Reaction score
I thought we drafted Micah because he was that dude at linebacker we lacked? Now hes saying he aint that guy? ***. Its a mistake not using him at linebacker. We dont even have a linebacker on the roster if you take away LVE and Clark. The latter was terrible. LVE cant be counted on at all this year. So we have gaping holes at linebacker. How we gonna find 2-3 linebackers in 1 offseason? We have many holes on defense that DQ helped create if u think about it. Poor drafting and smoke and mirrors. We must find 2 free agent linebackers that can come in and start,bottomline. We must draft 2 as well. We cant afford to draft projects like Nashon right early. Overshown is an unknown, especially coming off major injury. If we are counting on him this year, we are in a world of hurt.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We had a 330 1T and already ruined him trying to turn him into a 3T.
MP lives on Gilligans Island.
Yep, has similarities to Crawford development, in how they changed the body to suit position. I suppose the problem with slimming Mazi down is that it's somewhat acknowledging that we drafted him, in the 1st, not as a true 1, but someone that'll be a 3-tech.

Carson

Reaction score
just draft BPA and lean on the scouts. Reaching out of need ends badly. See Mazi. You find those big fat dudes on the interior in the middle rounds. We need several. I like Hankins but hes almost too nice. Gimme a guy with a mean streak in there. A try hard lunch pail guy. We need dudes with the drive to be better. We have too many that think they arrived because they wear the star. I ont have the list of potential DT's in this draft, but I think we can find guys throughout that can come in and help. Im tired of hearing about depth and versatility. We need starters. Might have to get a bigtime free agent. Maybe Jeffrey Simmons from the Titans. Rookies rarely are able to come in and be dogs. We need run stuffers at Edge and DT. We are too light at edge. We need a big 280-300 pound guy at edge. A big body that plays with size and power with his hands and lower half. As good as DLAW is, he isnt that. At this point in his career hes a rotational piece. I like him better on passing downs. Might not be the big name guys, but we can find them.
Free agency allows you to draft BPA

They need to be aggressive so they can elect BPA

Rayman70

Reaction score
Free agency allows you to draft BPA

They need to be aggressive so they can elect BPA
yes exactly. I think I read somewhere that Simmons was a free agent or is available. I'd start right there. We need linebackers as well. I want guys that aren't scared to put their helmet in the gap and fill the holes...on run plays. Can we recall our linebackers doing this last couple years, other than LVE? I know I can't. How much of it was DQ and how much was just tepid linebacker play? Look at the SB teams. They had several linebackers that played nasty, smart sound ball. Not just 1 guy. I like William Gay, the Chiefs linebacker. That guy is a stud. Denver has a linebacker, Josey Jewell that plays like this. Not a big thumper,but plays bigger than he is and is smart. Unafraid. Reminds me of Sean Lee.

Proof

Reaction score
I want a Micha Parsons that doesn't dissapear the second half of every season, shuts up and does his job before he critiques other positions.
sounds like a recipe to get that. i didn’t hear any critiquing though

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Who cares if he’s right or wrong… we’ve been crying for years this organization has too many yes men. Let him call out the organization either directly or indirectly. I’m glad he’s doing it

Creeper

Reaction score
Micah is right. This is exactly what the Cowboys defense needs.

I would love Sweat on our defense but unless they take him in the first round they will not get him in thee second. I just don't know if Jerry will draft another DT in the first. Or if that is even the right move. The right move, to me, is signing an impact DT in free agency. Even if they get Sweat, he will need a couple of years to develop. I don't think they have that kind of time.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's getting whatever Jerry decides. sheesh, I guess he hasn't learned that yet. Jerry listened to the idiot then chuckled and looked at Stephen and said, "Ain't he special"
Stephen replied, "Just like ed"

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Would not be the sexy pick that most are looking for, but where the Cowboys sit in the draft, a stud center like JPJ /Oregon would be at least a step in the right direction but nobody wants a Center in the first round... :cool:

Agree, I would take him immediately an upgrade at C.

visionary

Reaction score
OMG, now jerry is going to appease a star player, like he has done in the past. reach for players. sign players the player thinks are good for the team. how did that work out tin the past jerry.
Youre right, Jerry has been appeasing Dak for years (see “Dak friendly “) for years and it hasnt worked

visionary

Reaction score
The biggest issue on this defense this year and going will be having to pay 25 million/y to a LB that wants to play DE

Cant build a team defense doing that