Micah wants a "bigger linebacker who can get downhill & a super 330 nasty interior" for the defense

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t have a dog in this fight but that doesn’t mean what the other person said was wrong. Ideally you trade back and still hit your target.
The other poster said T'Vondre Sweat would be available when our 2nd round (56th overall) pick comes around. I said he simply won't be available by that time. There is no way you can trade back into the early 2nd and "hope" he will still be available. That's playing Russian roulette on a position of dire need which Micah Parsons himself recently said is a must have. Don't get greedy. You might miss out on what was there for the taking with your original 1st round (24th overall) pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like Wilson’s game but I’m not gambling anymore on injury prone LB’s. Give me Cedric Gray please.
Understood, but the problem with gambling on LVE was he already had a serious neck/spine injury he suffered in college. Any previous injury dealing with the head, neck or spine should automatically be a red flag. Payton Wilson has never suffered any injuries or had any problems with his head, neck or spine. His was a tear of his ACL and a shoulder injury. Last year in 2023 he had no issues whatsoever with any of his previous injuries or suffering any new ones. Yes, he's a gamble but his talent is off the charts compared to the other LBs this upcoming draft.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I think his teammate Murphy goes before him.
And I do think he is a second round player however I could see him slipping into the bottom of the first.
Sweats value skyrocketed 2 weeks ago at the senior bowl from how well he did. Late first round is now in the talks where before that everyone was predicting mid to late 2nd round.

If he does as impressive at the combine as he did at the Senior bowl then 1st round is probably a lock or close to it (very early 2nd worst case).

Sweat is an interesting case because his value from September to now has proportionally gone up almost every single month.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he'll google one in Texas and say he was a center and linebacker for them, maybe even a quarterback too.
I remember a long while back AC said he had all kinds of awards and trophies and ribbons and stuff. I asked for some pics of them but AC said they got lost or stolen, not sure which because his stories change from day to day.

Loso86

Reaction score
I don't play "games".

I'm just saying maybe Micah is as good of a talent evaluator as some of ya'll are.
Well I'd listen to the leader and guy who's is ACTUALLY playing on the field for this team and understands the D and what is needed. BIG difference from what the average fan sees, wants and hears my guy!

Loso86

Reaction score
Micah is a talker not a leader
Leaders dont play out of position to get stats and make more money to the detriment of the team
Leaders dont disappear in the playoffs

Do yourself a favor and look up leadership
Are you seriously acting like he went against the DC to get sacks... JOKE! Do yourself a favor and go cry yourself a river. So I take it there are no leaders on this team AT ALL is what yoir telling me. Smart guy

visionary

Reaction score
Are you seriously acting like he went against the DC to get sacks... JOKE! Do yourself a favor and go cry yourself a river. So I take it there are no leaders on this team AT ALL is what yoir telling me. Smart guy
Once again, go listen to the podcast of your own hero with CD where they are crying that they need leaders on the team LOL

Staubacher

Reaction score
Micah is not a “one dimensional pass rusher”.

He has had one of the best starts to any career for any defensive player in NFL history.
Yawn. He's a stat hog against the weak and disappears every time it matters. All too familiar on this squad.

Watch Aaron Jones TD runs in playoffs and see what Motormouth was doing. Guy is all talk no heart.

Loso86

Reaction score
Once again, go listen to the podcast of your own hero with CD where they are crying that they need leaders on the team LOL
My own hero? There CRYING that they need leaders huh!? A little dramatic aren't we

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The irony of some here calling a perennial Dpoy candidate “all talk” from the comfort of their keyboard

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Mazi Smith: Do we want a 280 lb pound big body with 50 pounds of lard hanging all over, believing this extra lard will make the player better control the line of scrimmage? I would prefer that somehow he gains 20% strength, improves his feet quickness, and learns the marial arts that Randy White used so well.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Micah is right. This is exactly what the Cowboys defense needs.

I would love Sweat on our defense but unless they take him in the first round they will not get him in thee second. I just don't know if Jerry will draft another DT in the first. Or if that is even the right move. The right move, to me, is signing an impact DT in free agency. Even if they get Sweat, he will need a couple of years to develop. I don't think they have that kind of time.
Grover Stewart solves this issue