Micah wants a "bigger linebacker who can get downhill & a super 330 nasty interior" for the defense

75boyz

Reaction score
I thought Taco Smith represented the 330 nasty interior that Micah highly supported last year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought Taco Smith represented the 330 nasty interior that Micah highly supported last year.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I can copy and paste too.

Weaknesses​

• Can be a tick late off the snap as a pass-rusher and doesn’t gear up instantly.
  • Visibly lacks elite explosiveness and lateral quickness, a natural trade-off for his size.
  • Has some wasted motion with hands as a pass-rusher and can more efficiently load.
  • Still improving at channeling power from his initial momentum as a pass-rusher.
  • Can be more consistent at sustaining power rushes with leg drive after extending.
  • Lacks a consistent counter plan as a pass-rusher and needs raw strength to break free.
  • Struggles to keep his hips loaded when rushing with space and drifts upright easily.
  • Doesn’t have elite change-of-direction or range and can be nullified out by rollouts.
  • Doesn’t have the quickness to break off anchors and enter outer gap pursuit.
  • Has the hip fluidity to roll into pass-rushing lanes but isn’t the most flexible.
Mazi Smith Weaknesses
  • Hasn’t made many plays behind the line of scrimmage.
  • Motor runs out of gas when tempo heats up.
  • Slow reaction to movement gets him sealed.
  • Struggled against Iowa’s zone scheme attack.
  • Surprising lack of anchor consistency against double teams.
  • Unlikely to see many passing downs as a pro.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I doubt if Micah was expecting Smith to shed pounds
That is a bit of a mystery to draft a DT at 325 and then , try to turn him into a 3 technique .Now you don't know what you have in this player , because you didn't use him , for the reason you drafted him 1 Technique.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think it's risky is heck but I believe the starting C next year will either be Hoffman or Bass. The loser of that competition will be your utility backup IOL.

As far as Micah's comments go...I could see Dallas signing 2 mid/lower level bigger DTs similar to Hankins or perhaps slightly better.

LB addition(s) likely will come in the draft.
The advantage to this method is they tend to be reasonably inexpensive in FA if you can find one that suits you.

Loso86

Reaction score
He might be right but no other organization would let this be public fodder. I’m sure every teams key players have an opportunity to voice their opinions regarding what went right or wrong but only in Dallas does a linebacker/defensive end tell the owner of the franchise what they need to do next personnel wise and it become public knowledge.
Does it matter everybody including this teams knows EXACTLY WHATS NEEDED no matter if he said it or not

Portnoy1

Reaction score
That turned out to be a disaster, dude basically no showed AND lost too much weight, lol, Jerry should be pissed at how he was managed by the staff.
This right here. He was supposed to take up double teams and allow the LBs to make plays in the run game. But somehow the cowboys get a hold of him and he loses weight. A 1T being under 300lbs is disturbing. Smaller doesn’t always mean more effective.

visionary

Reaction score
Crybaby, our fans are the worst lmao. Be a leader Micah but be quiet too
Micah is a talker not a leader
Leaders dont play out of position to get stats and make more money to the detriment of the team
Leaders dont disappear in the playoffs

Do yourself a favor and look up leadership

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This right here. He was supposed to take up double teams and allow the LBs to make plays in the run game. But somehow the cowboys get a hold of him and he loses weight. A 1T being under 300lbs is disturbing. Smaller doesn’t always mean more effective.
that's their assumption, I agree