Micah's next contract

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
First of all, it is necessary to take Dak overpaid and QB average, out of Dallas (2023), and now they must think about paying Micah, that if he continues playing like this, there is no doubt that he will be the highest paid defender in history

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They’ll play hardball and eventually make him the highest paid defender in the NFL regardless of position.

Also, I doubt he see’s the 5th year option. He’ll hold out after year 4.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They’ll play hardball and eventually make him the highest paid defender in the NFL regardless of position.

With Jerry in charge, he might hold out after year 2 or year 3 (ala Zeke) and get exactly what he wants too.

conner01

Reaction score

I’d extend him before the 5th year myself
I always thought if you was gonna extend Zeke you should have done it early just so you have the option of getting out a year sooner
Positions with a short shelf life like RB I think if you are gonna extend them, you do it early
Guys like OT or QB it’s not as important because they have more productive years

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d extend him before the 5th year myself
I always thought if you was gonna extend Zeke you should have done it early just so you have the option of getting out a year sooner
Positions with a short shelf life like RB I think if you are gonna extend them, you do it early
Guys like OT or QB it’s not as important because they have more productive years
We should have never extended Zeke in the first place.
Extended contracts RARELY work out with RBs.
I would have made him play out the 5 years on the rookie contract and then let him go.
Zeke is currently in his 6th year with us, and he obviously isn’t worth even half of his current contract.

Caving into Zeke’s demands was one of the bigger blunders that Jerry has made.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't believe Micah's agent will have any interest in some kind of hybrid or creative contract. He and his client will have all the cards when it is time to negotiate. And Jerry/Stephen will bend over because they will have little or no other alternatives.

lol there is no negotiating. Top players just get whatever they want from the jones girls.

conner01

Reaction score
We should have never extended Zeke in the first place.
Extended contracts RARELY work out with RBs.
I would have made him play out the 5 years on the rookie contract and then let him go.
Zeke is currently in his 6th year with us, and he obviously isn’t worth even half of his current contract.

Caving into Zeke’s demands was one of the bigger blunders that Jerry has made.
I wouldn’t have but they were never gonna let him walk after that high of a pick
My thing was if you are gonna do it, do it early so you can get out at a younger age
Not only does that get you the heart of a career but helps player because he’s young enough to get a 3rd contract somewhere else

conner01

Reaction score
lol there is no negotiating. Top players just get whatever they want from the jones girls.
They do from most teams
If you spend a high pick your options are let them walk or pay what the market bears
I would only sign elite players
That’s why I’d let CW, LVE, Gallup all walk
No elite player in the bunch
Martin, smith, micah are the types you give second deals to
I really like what Gallup does but he’s not elite
One guy I’d like to keep after next year is pollard but don’t see us keeping him unless we move on from Zeke
The only exception are positions that are really hard to replace in the draft, mostly QB and maybe DE
Those are really hard to find even really good, let alone elite

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
truck-carrying-money-picture-id514726925