Micah's next contract

X550i

Reaction score
Whatever happens in these negotiations, I have the utmost confidence that Stephen will completely screw it up and piss off Micah and his agent and Micah, who wears his heart on his sleeve 24/7, will let everyone know about it.

:hammer:

X550i

Reaction score
He's a PA boy true and true and a diehard Eagles fan growing up. I think he'll want to test the free agency waters but ultimately he will take a market value but team friendly deal with the Eagles for his second and big money contract.

Reading this made me throw up in my mouth....:thumbdown:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I normally wouldn't be thinking so far ahead but when I saw this it made me think how complicated his negotiation might be down the road.

You wonder how the Cowboys will handle this. Will they want to pay him as a LB? Will Micah want DE money? Is there a big difference between the two? You literally have nothing to use as a benchmark as he's a unicorn.

Might seem odd I'm even concerned about this now but reading our obituary over and over again gets old.

I have no doubt it'll get done but it may be the most unique and challenging deal they've ever done with a player.

I don’t worry about such things like this that won’t take place for at least 2 or 3 more years.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If he keeps up the pace, in three years he will sign the top edge rush contract in the league. It doesn't matter about position, edge is where the money is at as long as he has the sacks. New tv contracts will have kicked in by then.

Currently

Watt $28.0 aav
Bosa $27.0 aav
Garrett $25.0 aav
Mack $23.5 aav
Law $21.0 aav

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He's a PA boy true and true and a diehard Eagles fan growing up. I think he'll want to test the free agency waters but ultimately he will take a market value but team friendly deal with the Eagles for his second and big money contract.
Before the draft he literally told people in front of cameras that he wanted to keep wearing blue in one conversation and then outright said he wanted to play for Dallas in another. And that's with knowing the eagles pick was two picks later and who ended up moving to the Cowboys' spot. His dad said he raised him a Cowboys fan.

jujoboys

Reaction score

I read that him and his family were diehard Cowboys’ fans. Below excerpts from an article by WFAA in Dallas.

DALLAS — When the Dallas Cowboys take a player whose family are big fans of the team, and the player counts himself among them his entire life, the expectation is that the player understands the luster of the blue star.

Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons is the latest Cowboys super fan to go in the first-round to America's Team. The No. 12 overall pick's family holds Cowboys fans in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Surrounded by Pittsburgh Steelers fans to his west and Philadelphia Eagles fans to his east, Parsons and his family have probably taken a lot of flak since Dallas' 27-17 win over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XXX.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Before the draft he literally told people in front of cameras that he wanted to keep wearing blue in one conversation and then outright said he wanted to play for Dallas in another. And that's with knowing the eagles pick was two picks later and who ended up moving to the Cowboys' spot. His dad said he raised him a Cowboys fan.

Exactly. Everything I have read said that his family and him were and are Cowboys’ fans.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I normally wouldn't be thinking so far ahead but when I saw this it made me think how complicated his negotiation might be down the road.

You wonder how the Cowboys will handle this. Will they want to pay him as a LB? Will Micah want DE money? Is there a big difference between the two? You literally have nothing to use as a benchmark as he's a unicorn.

Might seem odd I'm even concerned about this now but reading our obituary over and over again gets old.

I have no doubt it'll get done but it may be the most unique and challenging deal they've ever done with a player.

Khalil Mack money

NotForLong

Reaction score
Lawrence will be long gone by the time parsons gets around to an extension. Lawrence has one season left on the cowboys. Unless something dramatically changes and he actually stays healthy and produces.
When Micah's contract comes do an extra $40 million a year should be available

NotForLong

Reaction score
They will want to pay him as a LB
He’s gonna want to be paid as a DE
But that’s 4 years from now before it’s really a serious issue
By then he may be paid like a QB
Last week he ran stride for stride with a WR who initially had him beat . . Pay him CB money while you are at it

NotForLong

Reaction score
Risen so mad our 11 ain't a Philthy rat steak. Hurts gonna be fleeing his diapers for the next 2 or so years as The Humble Lion chases. Lol
Yup Philthy Delphia is what my Father always called it . . . Rat Steak is hilarious. . . who puts cheese whiz on a Cheese steak? . . . Atlantic City White House will always blow Pat's & Gino's away

uvaballa

Reaction score
Fans worry about players money too much. Guys who play great want to get paid for what they've done and what they plan to do in the future. No one is giving teams a discount on their first big contract.

shabazz

Reaction score

I like when he said village , city and community all in the same sentence.....much respect

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

You are in love and now you are wondering how Stephen Jones will handle this cap challenge.

This is a good step for you.