CFZ Michael Gallup’s impact

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gallup has never played a season without Amari Cooper. He’s going to miss him just like everybody else on this offense is finding out.

right Brown had 91 yards and a TD without Amari or Gallup, also a rookie LT, a 3rd string LG, and missing other players...

you get Gallup, Lamb, Washington to help spread out defensive looks, yes, they can succedent off the AC teet, seriously this dude has never won a single thing. Cooper is a very good starting WR, never elite, not one elite season EVER..Dez had 3 in row and fans ran him out.

when we get our QB back with all our WRs back..they will be able to prove this theory out. 2 games in with none on the field at the same time YET...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wonder If Daks personal protection gang will start a thread accusing Gallup of showing partiality to Rush by coming back from injury earlier than he should have…..

it may sound crazy but we’ve seen a thread here just about 1 particular throw from Rush and that he shouldn’t get any credit for it and than his twin starts another thread about Rush’s inaccuracy ranking, so again to disparage a 3rd rate backup.

If Rush and Gallup have a good game and chemistry we’ll be seeing threads to put that in a bad light as well……..it will send them over the edge.

I really hope that Dak gets back sooner so we not only have a veteran at the position but more importantly Daks personal gang will stop menstruating. It’s bloody embarrassing
Or the rush cult can stop overreacting to a very average QB output with team wins..its always Dak lost or when dak starts and wins, its team win. dak hter trolls step aside , you've been exposed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you mean Lamb isn't an ideal WR1, you are right.
But he would be the top WR on nearly half of the teams in the NFL

Some forget there are teams like the Packers, Bears, Giants, Jags, etc, etc out there. They would dream of having CeeDee Lamb on their roster....let alone having Lamb AND Gallup.
:hammer:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We are going to get a Gallup who is nowhere near 100%. I don’t mean that he’s not healthy I mean in terms of peak ability. It’ll take time Imo for him to be the difference maker we want

Praxit

Reaction score
..i second that motion. I also feel Gallup will augmentize the offense.
I'm excited..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
More Like Lamb, Gallup, and Washington as was the plan WITH Dak BTW..

Its coming ..the constant jerry had no plan and didn't spend money Gallups the plan and where Acs money went..jeez.. let him come back, ket them all play and not judge 2 games in, this place is miserable at times using a 1-2 game sample size to judge the entire season.

I didn't forget about Gallup, hes as close to dez type as ive seen here since dez.. contested catches, good near the sideline, fights to highpoint the ball etc..hes the physical one. Lamb's the finesses type and the rest will fall into place behind those 2..
I forgot about Washington.:laugh: This team has been hit with so many injuries early. This will be a much different team (offensively) during the stretch run.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
If you mean Lamb isn't an ideal WR1, you are right.
But he would be the top WR on nearly half of the teams in the NFL
You believe Lamb is a top 16 receiver right now? I think his ceiling is as a #1 receiver, but I don't know if he's there yet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You believe Lamb is a top 16 receiver right now? I think his ceiling is as a #1 receiver, but I don't know if he's there yet.
I don't think it's fair to judge Lamb based on the offense thus far. A backup QB, with an inconsistent O-line, less than great play calling, and no real WR threats opposite him are going to make his job much harder.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Gallup is possibly our WR1. Lamb is a very good slot receiver . But if we expect him to be what Cooper and Dez were will likely be disappointed.

Remember Lambs success was based on Cooper and Gallup on the edges.
I would say great slot receiver, he is very good at the other WR positions. IMO

DFWJC

Reaction score
Didn't say that.

I said he would be the top WR on nearly half the teams, as those teams don't have "ideal" WR1s right now.

Then there are teams like the Bucs (when healthy), Chargers, Bengals, Dolphins, etc that might have two WRs that would be top dog on other teams.

Lamb would be the top WR on
  • Packers
  • Ravens
  • Cheifs
  • Jags
  • Bears
  • Patriots
  • Giants
  • Falcons
  • Steelers

and debatably (depending on one's opinion...I won't argue either way, but most rankings have him above them)
  • Panthers
  • Jets
  • Commanders
  • Titans
  • Texans
  • Colts
  • Broncos
  • Lions
I think pre-season, Sporting News had Lamb ranked the 8th best WR in the league.
That was too high, imo.
But almost everyone ranks him top 15-20.... whether that is right or not. My point was that he would be top dog on several teams.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't say that.

I said he would be the top WR on nearly half the teams, as those teams don't have "ideal" WR1s right now.

Then there are teams like the Bucs (when healthy), Chargers, Bengals, Dolphins, etc that might have two WRs that would be top dog on other teams.

Lamb would be the top WR on
  • Packers
  • Ravens
  • Cheifs
  • Jags
  • Bears
  • Patriots
  • Giants
  • Falcons
  • Steelers

and debatably (depending on one's opinion...I won't argue either way, but most rankings have him above them)
  • Panthers
  • Jets
  • Commanders
  • Titans
  • Texans
  • Colts
  • Broncos
  • Lions
As much as I like the kid, he was drafted with the expectation of being a top 5 or 10 WR, and he needs to step it up. Of course, he isn't in the best situation to do that right now, but once the offense figures things out, he needs to be a big part of the reason they do.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As much as I like the kid, he was drafted with the expectation of being a top 5 or 10 WR, and he needs to step it up. Of course, he isn't in the best situation to do that right now, but once the offense figures things out, he needs to be a big part of the reason they do.
Hindsight, but we should've taken Jefferson if we were going for the luxury pick at WR.
Was surprised we went WR in the first place with Cooper and Gallup already on the team.

Top 5 might be pushing it, I think, unless we took him with a top 5 pick. The league already had a lot of great WRs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hindsight, but we should've taken Jefferson if we were going for the luxury pick at WR.
Was surprised we went WR in the first place with Cooper and Gallup already on the team.
At the time, he was an irresistible pick. Nobody could believe he fell to us, and we jumped at the opportunity.

Maybe the FO already had plans to dump Amari?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Top 5 might be pushing it, I think, unless we took him with a top 5 pick. The league already had a lot of great WRs.
I didn't mean immediately top 5 or 10, though I'm sure there were some here who thought that would be the case.